Super7 x FUNKO ReAction Figures Buffy and Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official news from Brain at Funko:

(This was posted on the boards over at FunkoFunatic)

I can tell you this scoop. Buffy, Willow, A Gentlemen from Hush, Spike, Angel and Oz will be series 1.

B

-----------------------------------------
I was hoping for Xander & Giles in series 1 BUT the biggest news of all is Brian says "series 1" which indicates they have plans for more in this series! :yess:

No word yet on which characters are getting the POP! vinyl treatment.

Here's hoping for series 2 ReAction: Xander, Giles, Cordelia, Faith, Anya, & ...I'll leave the 6th figure up in the air because it's a tough choice between Tara, Dawn, Riley, Adam, Drusilla, & The Master

Last edited:
Man, I wished Hot Toys would make the Firefly lineup. There are more than enough Browncoats to make them profit. :(

I love Firefly, but I don't think they would be profitable enough for Hot Toys. Especially at that price point. It would be a huge risk for HT to even consider.

I will most likely only get the pop vinyls.

Nitro recently sent me some amazing mystery mini's for the Big Bang Theory from Funko and those are the best things ever! I truly hope they consider doing those for Buffy/Firefly. Imagine the endless possibilities.

I placed my preorder with Entertainment Earth for the 6-set of ReAction figures yesterday! I really hope the ReAction figures AND pop vinyls sell extremely well so we get more than just one series. I really want Giles and Xander as well as other characters.

There are still action figures from long ago for both Buffy and Angel that I want. I don't know if I could start a new collection unless it was for Angel.

I realize it's not Funko but I'm still in the process of buying Buffy/Angel 6" from the past. Got three coming and Cuttersky, a member here, is kind enough to be giving me another. There are a bunch I'm still wanting so I will probably be buying these for the rest of my life.

I won't buy the reaction figures because the figures from the past are enough for me.

Legacy is a different story.

Having seen Funko's releases for other properties, they've definitely become a company to watch. Still not sold on the retro look for the Re-Action figures (maybe I'll love the Buffy ones when I see them) but I sure hope these Whedon lines get some Legacy treatment soon snough. The GOT line looks pretty great for a first go, and I'd have no choice but eat up any Joss lines in a similar style.

6-Inch Firefly is a no brainer. You could be done in two waves and fans would need all 9 crew members. I just hope Buffy's previous merch isn't putting Funko off persuing a Legacy line because there's still a ton of characters and looks left untouched, plus a few iconic figures that could do with updating. And then there's Angel. We never even got a Gunn figure, or a decent Fred. I would kill for those.

Dear god this must be the ugliest piece of Buffy merchandise that I've ever seen. :thud:

Very easy pass.

These things are hideous lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I actually like them....or maybe I'm just desperate for ANYTHING new in ANY Buffy line. I hope they sell well enough so we get a series 2 because I hate when Xander and Giles get the shaft.

Hmmm....Yeah, I'm not feeling these at all. I'll stick with the vinyls, but hope these sell well too. :rock

I'm not quite sure I understand this whole retro movement.

Are there collectors that really want everything to look like it was made by Kenner in the '80's?

I'm not quite sure I understand this whole retro movement.

Are there collectors that really want everything to look like it was made by Kenner in the '80's?

I don't understand it myself. You have people nitpick HT figures even when they look perfect, then you'll have people rave over these $10 figures that look absolutely nothing like the characters they are meant to portray.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Those look worse than I thought they would. I didn't realize how popular Oz was either, I wouldn't have thought he'd be in the first wave for any Buffy collectible series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was confirmed by a poster on Funkofunatic.com that a SPIKE VAMPIRE variant will be made for the ReAction line.

Back