Sunohc's sculpts and repaints and customs.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan mate keep up the good work. You are a really nice guy and a very talented artist, do you what you want to do you will always have my support buddy :)

Dan I didn't mean to take a jab at you or your work, if I felt it was truely suffering all around, I wouldn't have bought a Tyler, McClane or continue to want to be on the Morpheus project.

But I felt like regardless of how many hours are put into something, it shouldn't be finished until you are happy, and it seemed like you and several others had pointed out a few things on Cobb where as the majority of people weilding Inception sigs just wanted the heads ASAP. Thats why it seemed to be rushed to me. Knowing just how much work you did put into them, actually makes me feel the same however, in that as I said, they are very close to being perfect but IMO need some refinement, and I'd just hate to see them released ahead of time because of pressure here. I'd happily wait another week or two if it means perfection. I do look forward to seeing Cobb's new nose.

No hard feelings. :duff

Just to be clear i hope that wasnt a dig at me bud :(

I have never pressured Dan within this thread and the Inception thread about getting these heads ASAP, i actually do believe i said take as long as you need to, the quality is more important than getting the head faster. Just i have an Inception sig :lol

Thanks guys. Can't tell you how encouraging it is to read all those comments.
I would write all your names down to address ya'll but some I don't know yet (connect username to real name... it's a task haha)

Mike, I didn't know you had one of my first public sculpts back in 2005/6? I appreciate your input.

Ray and Deckard, no hard feelings as well. At the time I read the posts (pretty early in the morning), I felt like the discussion could lead to a misunderstanding so I chimed in quickly but I knew your intentions weren't to offend me or anything. :1-1:

I know this is weird to quote one of the greatest scammers of this board, but Chris Howes once said that he preferred sculpting for collectors like us rather than companies because of our distinguished passion and enthusiasm forum members had in this hobby.

Though I have worked in larger scale sculpting and other art mediums, I keep coming back to 1:6 scale because I am so encouraged by the support on these boards and I'd rather be passing my work out to others than massing a huge collection to myself.

here's morpheus nearly finished, still editing a bit and finding out a way for the glasses

sneak3.jpg

btw. edited leo nose was posted in the inception thread as well

Daniel,

Morpheus is amazing. Another beautiful creation under your belt. A definite must have. We appreciate everything you are doing!!! Thanks!!

OMG! That Morpheus is off the chain! :google You even got his pock marks perfectly!

What is this you refer to Daniel bud?

I have some coming in but I won't be able to ship the bodies til I come back in december

----------------------
more to come but
in the midst of my crunch time schedule, I did a repaint upon special request since I normally don't do repaints.
I was actually really hoping to do a little repainting this summer for fun,
and so I finally did :D

I'm definitely no where near the top dog repainters here,
just repainting a few today (Man On Fire, Will Smith, Van Zan, and Book of Eli) reminded me again how hard it is to actually repaint.
Much respect to all you repainters out there!

I'll post the others later this week when I'm settled but I did this one for a client so I might as post'm here:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

and these:
for my own personal collection. I did paint an extra one in case too!
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

That's an incredible paintjob on both Denzels. If u ever offer future sculpts like Pitt and cobb Id definitely buy them

Hey, Daniel. Just a belated thank you for the great John McClane sculpt I got last week. I just purchased the Angelina Jolie tonight.

Glad to see female sculpts in your portfolio! Too bad Sam Carter was a private commision because I would have bought her too. Like I said on the Inception thread, I would to see an Ellen Page. :)

hey gregg and victoria, glad you got the Mcclanes.

Victoria, actually Sam Carter is available through the client. email him at jeff.scifi67 at gmail dot com

I am also thinking about Ellen Page though I'm expecting she's not an easy likeness since her face is unique and yet kind of generic looking at the same time?

Back