Sunlight concerns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PwnStar511

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I have a quick question about natural sunlight hitting my figures. I recently noticed that at certain parts of the day the sun will shine through my window and hit my figures. Can this have long (or short term) negative effects on them like color fading?

Sure it can. I never let direct sunlight come in contact with my figures.

Yeah I thought so. Argh, that's annoying...I have this one arched window in my room that doesn't have blinds and around 2-4 pm, sun shines through it. Luckily it doesn't hit my Hot Toys (just my NECA figs) but still. I guess I have to move them...

You could always get a uv film for the window. I have some windows in an area where I have some stuff displayed and I had them tinted and it blocks 99% UV so it's about the same as what you get from lamps at that point.

You could always get a uv film for the window. I have some windows in an area where I have some stuff displayed and I had them tinted and it blocks 99% UV so it's about the same as what you get from lamps at that point.

Oh really? How does that work exactly? Is it like a film that you paint on the inside of the window?

Back