Summer of 2012 has really had it out for me.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli26

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got word today that my dad has a Cancerous Brain Tumor and he has anywhere from a month to six months to live.

On the bright side, nothing like horrible news like this to get over the ex.

I am in shock.

I'm sorry Eli. What devastating news. I hope your father is not in any pain and you and your family can make his last months full of wonderful memories. Cherish every moment.

I am actually selfish, his Summer is worse than mine. But just seems like one thing after another this Summer. I really hope they are wrong and he somehow beats this. I am a realist, however.. ugh... I don't know. Been a real tough day.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your father and your family. Stay strong, I know it's tough.

Please keep us updated.

So sorry to hear that Eli. Do you know if he will be receiving any radiation therapy. It can be quite beneficial under certain circumstances, alleviating symptoms and creating a much better quality of life.

My sympathies to your entire family.

I've just completed a ten week clinical rotation in radiation oncology, and have seen miraculous things occur this summer.

Be well.

Sorry to hear this bro. I really am.

Lost my father to leukemia last year, which he was diagnosed with about 3 years prior.

My best advice to you is to resolve any loose ends with your father. Help him to be as stress-free as possible.
Don't be afraid to tell him the important lessons in life he taught you that helped shape you to become who you are today. He's going to love hearing that from you.

Remember that this is also shocking news to him as well. A lot of positive vibes will go a long way.

Spend time together with him making new/fun memories.

So, so sorry. :(

Lost my Dad to the same thing in '07.

Be strong for your family, thats all I can say. Cancer is insidious and can take more than just the life of your father. Just when you're sure it can't get any worse it probably will. I'm trully sorry, Eli.

Wow, I'm very sorry Eli. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I've lost family to it, and it's rough, but like King said, be strong for your family, they'll need a rock.

How old is Dad?

Hang in there.

My dad will become 61 in October. Too young. I am sorry I bring a lot of my problems on the board, but when **** hits the fan I like getting encouragement from not only personal friends in the city, but on here as well. It's been a lot lately and I apologize for putting so much on the boards of late. I wished this wasn't happening... I haven't been able to sleep the last few nights cause of the ex and now this. ****. I am running on fumes.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear about this Eli, my thoughts are with you and your family buddy. Stay strong.

Hang in their Eli. The best thing you can do is just be there for your dad and your family. Make the most of your time with him, and try to remain positive.

My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

Lost my Dad to the same thing in '07.

Be strong for your family, thats all I can say. Cancer is insidious and can take more than just the life of your father. Just when you're sure it can't get any worse it probably will. I'm trully sorry, Eli.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Change that to ('06) for me.

Hang in there man!

Feel for you man, Lost my old man in (10) to cancer. look after yourself mate, I was fortunate in that when he needed help to get to treatments he asked me to take him & I have a great boss that would just let me have those days off

**** the ex Eli..forget her, you have all the time in the world for women, focus all your precious time and good spirit on that special man who brought you into this world.

I do wish that your father surpasses 6months and then a year and so on, it has happened, i'm sorry you are going through this..i've never had to really deal with what you are going through but, i can only imagine the amount of despair you are experiencing right now.

Sorry to hear Eli.....make sure your Dad knows how much you love him....I can't imagine life without my dad but I know someday I will have to....we're here for ya....

Lost my dad to it in '09, two years from his diagnosis. He lasted a lot longer than he should have.

Don't give up hope yet Eli. My deepest condolences to you and your family that you have to go through this, but it's not over yet and you still have time to give him the love he deserves. Chin up kid. Now's not the time to feel bad, so don't let anything else get in your way. Your dad needs you.

Back