Summer 2011 Heat Wave!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
I hate summer! Hated it all my life! I burn very easily and can just feel the sun's rays cooking me! So where do I choose to live? TEXAS!!!!!! :slap :medic :monkey4

KXAN said:
New records for consecutive 100 degree days are being established every day this week.

Since surpassing the previous 21 day record on Sunday, high temperatures have continued to top 100 degrees on a daily basis. Thursday will become the 26th straight day, and if the very slight chance for showers or thunderstorms in our forecast for late Thursday and Friday doesn’t pan out, the streak will likely continue for at least the next seven days — and probably longer.

Since June 30, only two days have been below 100 degrees, and the highs on those days were 99 degrees. That makes the past five weeks the hottest in Austin’s history.

The eight to 14 day outlook offers little hope for relief, with a forecast of above-normal temperatures and below-normal rainfall for all of Texas.

It is becoming more likely that Austin’s all-time 100-degree day record will also be broken this month. Only 12 more days of triple-digit heat will make a total of 70 for the summer — exceeding the 1925 record of 69 days.

Without the influence of a tropical cyclone, this remarkable heat wave may continue until early September, when the lower sun angle allows a southern dip in the jet stream, dislodging the dome of high pressure situated over Texas.

I hate summer! Hated it all my life! I burn very easily and can just feel the sun's rays cooking me! So where do I choose to live? TEXAS!!!!!! :slap :medic :monkey4

I hate the summer as well.
It's only got to the mid 80's here in the UK but that's too much for me...my flat is like a sauna at nights.

That said no matter how much I hate it...I would trade places with you in a heart beat...the UK is just horrible & I hate living here :(:(

Neil

I think Lonnie, Waller and myself are tired of these 105 + days we've been having. I love Texas but am beyond tired of this heat. Ugh. I guess there's no hope of it ending this month.

Heat wave, eh? Over here in The Netherlands we pretty much had cloudy days and rain for the last 3 weeks. Temperatures have been around 68 degrees. Not that I mind though. I'm not the biggest fans of heat waves :lol

Best weather so far this year was back in April. Altough I've heard some weather reports say that the weather might get better sometime next week.

We are usually at 100+ this time of year but Utah has been enjoying an unusually wet and mild summer. Love it! :yess:

Although it has been hot. It has cooled to the high 80s here in the high desert for a few days. And it has been cool enough to shut off the air and open windows at night. But it looks like the heat will be coming back next week.

I think Lonnie, Waller and myself are tired of these 105 + days we've been having. I love Texas but am beyond tired of this heat. Ugh. I guess there's no hope of it ending this month.

Agreed. We'll be 101 for the next five days. :mad:

It was 74 degrees here yesterday :nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:

Quiet, you! Or I won't ship your poster. :pfft:

Back