1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received it too and I must admit it's the first time ever I open a Hot Toys figure and feel nothing.

The box is GREAT though. Like I was a bit fed up with their shoebox stylized boxes. This one is a bit different, there are magnets on the slip cover, and I love the colors they used.

The figure itself... it's so light it's shocking. You wonder where is your money really. It's definitely not worth the price, even if it was cheaper than other recent figures. You can't do much with it. I knew you wouldn't be able to do much with it but.. I don't know... feels too much like a Barbie doll, only with a Hot Toys head.

You know what really disappointed me? They painted the eyes. I swear I hadn't guessed from the photos I'd seen. For some reason it shows much more than other HT releases, because of the blue color I guess. If you look at the figure really close, you can tell the eyes are painted. I definitely prefer when they use "real" separate eyes. But the headsculpt overall is amazing and very impressive in person.

But that's about it.

Still I have no regrets, I will definitely use this head on another Joker since I plan on getting all releases and it is nice looking anyway but... Yeah I feel strange about it.

You know I may try to swap the head with my TDK Joker 2.0 figure, just to see haha. And I will use Ledger smiling face on this guy. Hope we can swap those heads with these bodies.

I received it too and I must admit it's the first time ever I open a Hot Toys figure and feel nothing.

The box is GREAT though. Like I was a bit fed up with their shoebox stylized boxes. This one is a bit different, there are magnets on the slip cover, and I love the colors they used.

The figure itself... it's so light it's shocking. You wonder where is your money really. It's definitely not worth the price, even if it was cheaper than other recent figures. You can't do much with it. I knew you wouldn't be able to do much with it but.. I don't know... feels too much like a Barbie doll, only with a Hot Toys head.

You know what really disappointed me? They painted the eyes. I swear I hadn't guessed from the photos I'd seen. For some reason it shows much more than other HT releases, because of the blue color I guess. If you look at the figure really close, you can tell the eyes are painted. I definitely prefer when they use "real" separate eyes. But the headsculpt overall is amazing and very impressive in person.

But that's about it.

Still I have no regrets, I will definitely use this head on another Joker since I plan on getting all releases and it is nice looking anyway but... Yeah I feel strange about it.

You know I may try to swap the head with my TDK Joker 2.0 figure, just to see haha. And I will use Ledger smiling face on this guy. Hope we can swap those heads with these bodies.

Bad news, the heads are NOT compatible with the referenced bodies. The 2.0 Ledger heads have an attached neck and require a different TTM body. In addition, the skin tones would never match... I purchased this figure solely for the outfit and Diorama for a TDK 2.0 bash. I have zero interest concerning Leto, so I plan on using the outfit on a new HT body with my "laughing" HT 2.0 Joker head sculpt. The black undershirt should be enough to compensate for or hide the neck/body seam..

I don't understand this. Pretty much all Hot Toys figures (and any other company for that matter) use decals or painted eyes. The only HT figures that used actual separate eyes were the ones with the PERS system, which were pretty much only the DX ones and this system hasn't been used for several years. The BvS Batman has separate eye plates, but the eyes are still painted onto the sculpted plate. Sideshow tried a separate eye system, but it failed miserably as it messed up the proportions of the head.

I don't understand this. Pretty much all Hot Toys figures (and any other company for that matter) use decals or painted eyes. The only HT figures that used actual separate eyes were the ones with the PERS system, which were pretty much only the DX ones and this system hasn't been used for several years. The BvS Batman has separate eye plates, but the eyes are still painted onto the sculpted plate. Sideshow tried a separate eye system, but it failed miserably as it messed up the proportions of the head.

Well it may be due to my collection. I have majorly DX figures ( Joker 2.0, Batman DX, T-800 BD from T2...) or masked figures (Robocop,Deadpool, all Batman from BvS line..). Exceptions are Star-lord (but due to The tanned skin and brown eyes you don't really notice.. Oh and Superman Cavill but I admit I am so focused with The suit I didn't pay attention). So yeah I wasn't aware they mostly chose to paint The eyes. It really disturbs me on this release...

Mine comes tomorrow! Alas all the naysayers can continue to belittle this release- the simplicity is great- pants and a straightjacket- you are drawn to the sculpt because of it

Got mine
Great sculpt
underwhelming over all
where's Cesar Romero !!!!!!!
IMG_5816.jpgIMG_5858.jpgIMG_5822.jpgIMG_5835.jpg

:yess:jared leto just teased a cover pic of the killing joke and a tooth on a necklace with caps on it, guess he is teasing us with a dceu appearance coming up:yess:.hopefully more screen time

:yess:jared leto just teased a cover pic of the killing joke and a tooth on a necklace with caps on it, guess he is teasing us with a dceu appearance coming up:yess:.hopefully more screen time

I hope it's as main villain for the Gotham City Sirens movie and for a chunky third act part in the solo Batman film! Think his appearance in The Dark Knight Returns! :)
Love it! Glad he will do more!

Btw. my figure shipped yesterday. Super pumped

Doesn't get any better. Can't wait to get the purple coat version...
bef3af0d019c2d5686fffc3e68d915b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back