1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know why Sideshow took down the exclusive label for both this and Knightmare Batman? Are they not promo figures anymore?
You know. I noticed the same. Description still says toy fair exclusive on the AA. I get the feeling this wont be no exclusive. And thats kinda bs. Kinda ordered it for that reason. Of Course i like the figure. But still. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know. I noticed the same. Description still says toy fair exclusive on the AA. I get the feeling this wont be no exclusive. And thats kinda bs. Kinda ordered it for that reason. Of Course i like the figure. But still. Lol

The Toy Fair Exclusives are generally not terribly limited and are also generally easy to get. Remember the POTC Angela was a Toy Fair exclusive and Sideshow was literally giving them away because they couldn't get rid of them.

It's still false advertising and you could probably get your money back if you push the issue. Remember when it kept going in and out of stock when the PO went up? That was them trying to contact HT and see if they could make more which HT happily obliged. (it was far too early at that point for them to be playing their "waitlist game")

A billion are incoming.

In the past, the toy fair figures were produced ahead of the cons which meant there were no preorders, so the quantities did not reflect the demand. That meant if some were popular then they sold out quick while others didn't. That's why you could buy them at the cons.

It's still false advertising and you could probably get your money back if you push the issue. Remember when it kept going in and out of stock when the PO went up? That was them trying to contact HT and see if they could make more which HT happily obliged. (it was far too early at that point for them to be playing their "waitlist game")

A billion are incoming.

It's not false advertising. Exclusive does not necessarily mean limited.

I placed my Arkham J PO with my Harley and Purple Jacket J yesterday. At first I was going to get one Joker or the other but, being a die Hard Batman lover it got the best of me! He will be displayed in a neighboring Detolf next to Bank Robber J.

It's not false advertising. Exclusive does not necessarily mean limited.

Last I checked SS wasn't Toyfair. This is a Toyfair exclusive not a Sideshow exclusive.

But you're correct Exclusive doesn't mean limited. (though it usually kinda does in other cases).

Last I checked SS wasn't Toyfair. This is a Toyfair exclusive not a Sideshow exclusive.

But you're correct Exclusive doesn't mean limited. (though it usually kinda does in other cases).

But they are the exclusive distributor of Hot Toys for much of the world, so it is not surprising nor out of the ordinary that they would have these figures. Also, the Toy Fair label has been used for several years as an umbrella label for "exclusive" figures for a number of shows including SDCC and ACGHK. It's no longer specific to a single show.

***Updated with both head swaps**
I did a quick Photoshop rendering of what Purple Jacket J's head would look like on the Arkham version. No need for critical on it as I threw it together for our wondering minds quickly lol.
Joker head swap.jpg
Joker Arkham Head Swap.jpg

I agree! I think having the head swapped will fit each figure better as far as expression goes. But, just having that option is a plus! I was sitting here wondering what it would look like. Then it hit me to just throw something together lol.

I think having him in a standing, head tilted pose with the Purple Jacket J head on it will be freaky!

I agree! I think having the head swapped will fit each figure better as far as expression goes. But, just having that option is a plus! I was sitting here wondering what it would look like. Then it hit me to just throw something together lol.

I think having him in a standing, head tilted pose with the Purple Jacket J head on it will be freaky!
Ya that would look cool.

But they are the exclusive distributor of Hot Toys for much of the world, so it is not surprising nor out of the ordinary that they would have these figures. Also, the Toy Fair label has been used for several years as an umbrella label for "exclusive" figures for a number of shows including SDCC and ACGHK. It's no longer specific to a single show.

I never said it was out of the ordinary. They have always carried a allotted amount these, and i realize what the Toy Fair label entails. It usually means a company designs a specific collectible for all of these shows, sells that collectible at the shows, and then sells the leftovers to a distributor. HT use to do this, (as someone mentioned above) and it gave off the impression that these TF exclusives were somewhat limited and that created excitement along with some stress for those who couldn't attend the shows.

NOW, they just sell these under the false Toy Fair Exclusive(!) banner when in reality it's just a "normal" MMS release exclusive to SS.

***Updated with both head swaps**
I did a quick Photoshop rendering of what Purple Jacket J's head would look like on the Arkham version. No need for critical on it as I threw it together for our wondering minds quickly lol.
View attachment 281639
View attachment 281649

Damn you! Got the aa pod and had no intention for the purple jacket. But these 2 sculpts fit the AA peeeerfect haha. Well at least i should be able to purchase the purp jacket headsculpt elsewhere. I hope[emoji28]

Purple Joker is a regular release to the HS should be readily available for a while, but I imagine for close to $100(at almost half the cost of the figure I usually just buy the figure if I want a HS).

Back