Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw the movie last night and I have to say that although I thought the movie was just okay (6 out of 10) I really like the characters and I think the statues rock big time.

Now I think Baby Doll statue really represents the characters personality. Gentle Giant did an amazing job on that piece

One thing I like it more than I thought was Sweet Pea. Of the three statues coming out, Sweet Pea seems to be the least favorite among collectors according to the blogs I read but she turned out to be one of my favorite characters in the movie, second to Baby, of course.

Rocket is pretty cool too. But I could not care much for Blondie. I think she is the hottest one in the group but I didn't like the character very much.......I have to emphasize again how their personalities come through in these amazing statues by GG. I can see the innocence of baby Doll, the strong determination of Sweet Pea and the relaxed and somewhat dismissive personality of Amber.

I wished I liked the movie more but it is a cool looking movie with cool looking characters.

Baby Doll is going to be a hit......

Thank you for ordering the Sucker Punch Babydoll Statue. This e-mail is to inform you that the release date for this piece has been delayed from mid-April 2011 to mid-June 2011. Your orders are still good and will be honored when the piece is ready to ship. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or e-mail us. Thank you.
_
We appreciate your business!
_
Customer Service
Gentle Giant Ltd.

Thank you for ordering the Sucker Punch Babydoll Statue. This e-mail is to inform you that the release date for this piece has been delayed from mid-April 2011 to mid-June 2011. Your orders are still good and will be honored when the piece is ready to ship. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or e-mail us. Thank you.
_
_
Customer Service
Gentle Giant Ltd.

....................................................:gah: :gah: :thud:

As long as the delay means a better end product I'm ok. I'd rather have it right then have it quick. If it's late and crappy.....I'll be a sad

I don't mind waiting until mid-June if the quality is there. I have too much stuff coming in the next couple of months as it. Please let these statues be worth the wait!

Thank you for ordering the Sucker Punch Babydoll Statue. This e-mail is to inform you that the release date for this piece has been delayed from mid-April 2011 to mid-June 2011. Your orders are still good and will be honored when the piece is ready to ship. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or e-mail us.

Epic Fail. :sancho
But not unexpected.
:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Because it's Gentle Giant, and that's how they role :lecture

I just hope the paint on Baby Doll is outta this fricken world.
but seriously
how come such a big difference in just a couple of days
GG themselves said it whas only delayed a week
then
badaboom
2 freaking months
this statue better be able to cook and...

This would be pretty disappointing... to miss the first product release of a new license by so much, (was it a quality control issue? if it were, I could understand a delay?). The edition size was only 500.

People would unfortunately have a right to be skeptical about GG completing the line.

I guess I can unpack it right after purchasing and watching the "Unrated Directors Cut" on Blu-Ray! :wink1:

:impatient:

Has anyone else received a similar message from Gentle Giant about the delay?

Last edited:
multiple folks from various forums who ordered directly from GG have confirmed receipt of the email.

completely expected (check my post a few pages back) and no, this will not be ready in June either. anyone want to bet? :r2d2line

Everybody who didn't get a chance to pre-order should check with the regular web stores again, in case people start to cancel Baby Doll.

the funny thing is...most people in here _____ing and moaning about GG probably have these statues on pre-order. :lol

_
_
Customer Service
Gentle Giant Ltd.

Wow. So much for what Greg at GG's CS department told me. :gah:

I thought these were being shipped over to GG from the factory (so i was told), so i don't really get the delay? Maybe the production samples were cr@p so had to be sent back?

Either that or they realize that some might cancel the other two after a long delay to get them so they will try to release closer together. GG is the absolute worst at delivering products on time.

Back