Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what about Sweet Pea and Amber, will they get pushed back as well?

Of course they will. Anyone who collects Gentle Giant, especially Star Wars, will tell you that they NEVER get anything out when they say they will.

I didn't order any of these but to those who don't know about Gentle Giant or their history, be aware that they are notorious for delays as well as poor communication and deceptive answers. Also what you see may not be what you get. They have released numerous items in the past which had gorgeous Comic Con prototypes and the end result was vastly different and horrible in comparison. Points being Obi-Wan in Clone armor statue and Slave Leia mini bust. I just stopped collecting Gentle Giant due to their extremely poor customer service, numerous delays, and error filled product. The company has been on the decline for a long time now. Any regular collector of theirs will agree.

Just look at these comparisons. Left side is what we got, right side is what they showed us.

obicomparisongi4.jpg

leia.jpg

Precisely why i lost all interest in GG.

they rarely give us anything close to the Proto they show!

Of course they will. Anyone who collects Gentle Giant, especially Star Wars, will tell you that they NEVER get anything out when they say they will.

I didn't order any of these but to those who don't know about Gentle Giant or their history, be aware that they are notorious for delays as well as poor communication and deceptive answers. Also what you see may not be what you get. They have released numerous items in the past which had gorgeous Comic Con prototypes and the end result was vastly different and horrible in comparison. Points being Obi-Wan in Clone armor statue and Slave Leia mini bust. I just stopped collecting Gentle Giant due to their extremely poor customer service, numerous delays, and error filled product. The company has been on the decline for a long time now. Any regular collector of theirs will agree.

Just look at these comparisons. Left side is what we got, right side is what they showed us.

obicomparisongi4.jpg

leia.jpg

Oh the infamous horse faced leia is just the perfect example. they really suck, but when they hit it it's great, like the gamorrean guard bust.

As long as the delay means a better end product I'm ok. I'd rather have it right then have it quick. If it's late and crappy.....I'll be a sad

Epic Fail. :sancho
But not unexpected.
:gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Why Fail ? It is what it is. Do you always expect products like this to hit on time ? I mean Sideshow does it all the time. It happens.

Oh the infamous horse faced leia is just the perfect example. they really suck, but when they hit it it's great, like the gamorrean guard bust.

Yea that was so wrong. They rushed those to get them out.

They didn't rush to get Leia out. She was shown at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con and was only released a few months ago. The Sucker Punch statues were shown just last year and are already coming out. Far less production time on those I'd be worried about how they look if I had them on order.

Glad I've decided to pass on this line from the get go - no space and too much money... if Amber comes out looking awesome then I may bite but that chance is pretty slim. lol

I think with any company this is the case. Not just GG. They have all enticed with the preview and let down with the final. Way of the world in collectibles. It's a gamble.

You aren't willing to take the gamble, you don't pre-order and chance getting it later.

If you do, you flip if you dislike.

They didn't rush to get Leia out. She was shown at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con and was only released a few months ago. The Sucker Punch statues were shown just last year and are already coming out. Far less production time on those I'd be worried about how they look if I had them on order.

All of the SUCKER PUNCH products by GG are being done a bit differently than the STAR WARS stuff. Zack & company have been heavily involved every step of the way. GG won't get away with putting out something like that horrific Clone Wars Obi-Wan statue with these.

All of the SUCKER PUNCH products by GG are being done a bit differently than the STAR WARS stuff. Zack & company have been heavily involved every step of the way. GG won't get away with putting out something like that horrific Clone Wars Obi-Wan statue with these.

For those of you who ordered these, I hope you are right. But I doubt it.

I loves Debbie Downer. The lindsay lohan disney skit is still the funniest skit to me SNL has done.

And Snoopy you know what I'm sayin:rotfl Thanks for making the dull news, dealable guys. the humour keeps us going, cause when i go, they packing me with my 5h!t wit me. I'll drill holes in all my statues and pour my cremated ashes in them!

Yeah and it's true... Gentle Giant is running their business into the ground. Some people are just being realistic. I wanted these statues badly, but couldn't risk it. I just have no faith these will come out looking good. Never seen a GG statue come out as nice as the prototype.

I think with any company this is the case. Not just GG. They have all enticed with the preview and let down with the final. Way of the world in collectibles. It's a gamble.

You aren't willing to take the gamble, you don't pre-order and chance getting it later.

If you do, you flip if you dislike.

There's a problem with flipping a mediocre product. If these go the way of Ben Kenobi, then you're looking at taking a 100-150 dollar hit on these. Not everyone wants to risk losing that kind of coin. Their first Slave Leia came in great, but for every hit, there are a ton more misses. Even she fell short of the prototype that was shown, but was good enough to keep... well, I eventually gave her up because I don't collect Star Wars. Only Darth Vader for me.

And Snoopy you know what I'm sayin:rotfl Thanks for making the dull news, dealable guys. the humour keeps us going, cause when i go, they packing me with my 5h!t wit me. I'll drill holes in all my statues and pour my cremated ashes in them!

That's a GREAT idea! :lecture

I gotta add that to my will...better do it before the little woman gets wind of it! :lol

Back