Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sucker Punch quarter scale statues! Nuts!

Rhetorical questions are not questions. They are statements that use the form of a question, but lack all the content of one. There is no query. Questions require answers; my statement did not.

Rhetorical questions are not questions. They are statements that use the form of a question, but lack all the content of one. There is no query. Questions require answers; my statement did not.

Sure they are, they are just posed without the expectation of a reply. The content is still phrased in the form of a question, hence the name.

Last edited:
All of this philosphical questioning aside, I am actually slightly worried about the GG curse on these. I read from IJ that Synder is overseeing these but unless he is traveling over to the factories in China to inspect them on the way out, that doesn't really put me to much ease.

Too many big words and not enough pics of the chicks.

Nitpicker derailing is a _____.

This better?

Suckerpunch5.jpg

sucker-punch-poster-alex-pardee-2.jpg

amberposter.jpg

sucker-punch-3.jpg

Or do toons not count?

I thought The Matrix and Sin City both sucked. Watching Watchmen was much more enjoyable than reading it, but neither were anything I will do again.

Personally, Sucker Punch evokes none of those and I suspect that has a lot to do with me looking forward to opening night.

this movie is going to be cool.

how can you not like matrix, sin city and watchmen. all 3 fantastic movies. the graphic novels were highly acclaimed too. two of those are directed by the same guy.

i like snyder's style. this will be just as good.

this movie is going to be cool.

how can you not like matrix, sin city and watchmen. all 3 fantastic movies. the graphic novels were highly acclaimed too. two of those are directed by the same guy.

i like snyder's style. this will be just as good.

I liked Watchmen most, but the cynicism made me naueous. Snyder is a really cool filmmaker though, and that made it worthwhile. I liked Watchmen as much as you can like a film without liking the story. Sin City was too nihilistic, and too expressionist for my taste (saving grace was cowgirl Alba). I have nothing good to say about the Matrix. Couldn't stand it for two seconds. If I had to come up with something I liked about it, I'd say Agent Smith and the dome battle, but that wasn't until the third movie (never seen that many spent shells in a single battle; it was awesome).

I liked Watchmen most, but the cynicism made me naueous. Snyder is a really cool filmmaker though, and that made it worthwhile. I liked Watchmen as much as you can like a film without liking the story. Sin City was too nihilistic, and too expressionist for my taste (saving grace was cowgirl Alba). I have nothing good to say about the Matrix. Couldn't stand it for two seconds. If I had to come up with something I liked about it, I'd say Agent Smith and the dome battle, but that wasn't until the third movie (never seen that many spent shells in a single battle; it was awesome).

watchmen is a 'decent' film if, and only IF, the book never existed. as it is, the film is a cartoon version of moore's work. and that's the irony - the book made the world of watchmen felt gritty and realistic using only pen and paper, while the film has real sets and real actors and the end result felt like a cartoon, from the slo-mo kungfu and the superhuman strength of some of its human characters, to that humongous fake nose of nixon.

snyder is a cool visualist(even if most of the visuals are not his), but he sucks with story and know zits about nuances.

none of snyder's films so far are in the same league as matrix and sincity - both are very accomplished pop art, technically and narratively. as for sincity being "nihilistic", you are aware that in all 3 stories in the film, all 3 heroes sacrificed their lives for love, arent you?

Snyder's movies make for great trailers but very so so films. His best was DotD and his next two movies got progressively worse. If you look at the filmography of most A-list "event" directors usually their work generally considered to be the best is in their first three films. Hopefully Snyder can defy the odds because SP definitely looks cool (again, based on just the trailer.)

So eBay is the way to go? Who made them?
The art is by Alex Pardee. They were then produced by WB/Legendary/Cruel Films as 11 x 17 prints for SDCC giveaways. Luckily, I was able to snag a full set before we distributed them all in SD. At this point, yeah, eBay is probably your best bet.

Snyder's movies make for great trailers but very so so films. His best was DotD and his next two movies got progressively worse. If you look at the filmography of most A-list "event" directors usually their work generally considered to be the best is in their first three films. Hopefully Snyder can defy the odds because SP definitely looks cool (again, based on just the trailer.)

:slap

Back