Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The art is by Alex Pardee. They were then produced by WB/Legendary/Cruel Films as 11 x 17 prints for SDCC giveaways. Luckily, I was able to snag a full set before we distributed them all in SD. At this point, yeah, eBay is probably your best bet.

Thanks Irish. Looks like there are a few on the bay for not too bad of a price.

I did find these today and I am digging them.

https://www.jamietyndall.com/comicbookart/buy-a-print/

Doesn't look like all are done yet.

Those look cool! Not sure they're licensed, though (but I'm not going to say anything :monkey1)

HAha yea I doubt it. :)

I did find on ebay someone reprinting the SDCC ones. They are from Malaysia. Not saying because of the country of origin they are reprints of prints but it looked fishy.

Are these ever going to be made available or are they now?
So eBay is the way to go? Who made them?
Jen scored a few of these and was nice enough to let me have them, I think I am missing Madam Gorski and Sweet Pea.

I did find these today and I am digging them.

https://www.jamietyndall.com/comicbookart/buy-a-print/

Doesn't look like all are done yet.
Nice find! Some good looking stuff there.

Oh the hand slap was just in reference to comments made about Zach Snyder's filmmaking ability? Gotcha. Out of curiousity who is directing the movie you're currently being paid to promote? :monkey3 ;)

If you need to know, the head slap came from the notion that the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake is a much better film than WATCHMEN.

Doesn't bother me if you don't dig Zack's stuff, actually. His films obviously don't appeal to everyone.

But I also bet you didn't know that he directed LEGEND OF THE GUARDIANS: THE OWLS OF GA'HOOLE, which comes out this week. Obviously much different than any of his live action, R Rated flicks.

If you need to know, the head slap came from the notion that the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake is a much better film than WATCHMEN.

Doesn't bother me if you don't dig Zack's stuff, actually. His films obviously don't appeal to everyone.

He's made better movies than I have, that's for sure. I'd just like one of them to live up to what we see in the trailers, and for Sucker Punch to be better than his previous efforts.

But I also bet you didn't know that he directed LEGEND OF THE GUARDIANS: THE OWLS OF GA'HOOLE, which comes out this week. Obviously much different than any of his live action, R Rated flicks.

That's funny. So his first four movies were all adaptations? That's got to be a record. "Legend of the Guardians" makes me chuckle whenever I see an ad for it. I guess its hard for me to buy into the notion of "epic owls." :lol ;)

none of snyder's films so far are in the same league as matrix and sincity - both are very accomplished pop art, technically and narratively.

300 was infinitely better than both of them. Combined. I hadn't seen unity of action, dialogue and scene like that since Kill Bill vol.1 and Batman Begins. His gift for stylization is what makes 300 (and Watchmen, and Dawn of the Dead) far superior to Matrix and Sin City.

as for sincity being "nihilistic", you are aware that in all 3 stories in the film, all 3 heroes sacrificed their lives for love, arent you?

Sacrifice is nihilistic. Another reason why 300 was better.

300 was infinitely better than both of them. Combined. I hadn't seen unity of action, dialogue and scene like that since Kill Bill vol.1 and Batman Begins. His gift for stylization is what makes 300 (and Watchmen, and Dawn of the Dead) far superior to Matrix and Sin City.
"his gift for stylization" is taken straight from the matrix's playbook, so i fail to see how you praised one but couldnt stand the other. it's a great looking film regardless, but story wise it's just not as strong as all the films you mentioned above. and when snyder added his own subplot with the queen(the book has no time for womanly concern), it's clear which dialogue is miller's and which is snyder's.
Sacrifice is nihilistic. Another reason why 300 was better.
sacrifice is nihilistic? really? and those 300 men who marched to face the persians, didnt they sacrifice as well? so you're saying 300 is just as nihilistic as sincity.

sincity may appear to be nihilistic at the surface, but all the heroes in it are spartans at heart. no different than the 300 men who marched to their doom for a higher ideal. both works were written by the same guy, that should tell you something.

Never saw Wachowski style in 300, or Watchmen. Slow motion isn't exactly an innovation.

What Matrix lacked was unity. Style is an integrator, and Matrix was anything but integrated. What it had for style was self-indulgent and clumsy. Single scenes stand out against the whole. On top of that, the story had zero vision of where it was going when it began, and copped out with a "heroism is sacrifice" climax, replete with cruciform protagonist and whispers of resurrection before the whole cluster____ was through.

If you watch 300, you'll notice that the word sacrifice is not used once to describe the actions of the Spartan soldiers. There was no messianic BS. There was no peace treaty. There was no compromise in the face of impossible odds. There were 300 men who knew that to defend their lives and freedom, they had to fight. They weren't giving anything up so that others may live; they were fighting for what was theirs. If you want to use conventional terminology, what motivated the Spartans was greed, selfishness, ego, pride. There was no sense that conflict could only be overcome by sacrifice. They had no intention of sacrificing what was theirs, and the only reason they died was because they were betrayed. If sacrifice was their great virtue, they would have just sent the earth and water in the first place.

Sin City ended with the hero yielding. His universe was too evil for him to believe a hero could do anything but lose. Stand Hartigan next to Leonidas and you tell me which one stood, and which one fell (if you can tell the difference). I'm sure Miller would agree: only one of those men was actually defeated.

Never saw Wachowski style in 300, or Watchmen. Slow motion isn't exactly an innovation.

What Matrix lacked was unity. Style is an integrator, and Matrix was anything but integrated. What it had for style was self-indulgent and clumsy. Single scenes stand out against the whole. On top of that, the story had zero vision of where it was going when it began, and copped out with a "heroism is sacrifice" climax, replete with cruciform protagonist and whispers of resurrection before the whole cluster____ was through.

The Matrix was perfectly cohesive and innovative and the movie utilised references from hacker and cyberpunk subcultures with overtones of religion, while paying homage to gaming culture, sci-fi, fairytales, Hong Kong cinema, Westerns, dystopian fiction, and Japanime. It was refreshing and sounds like you may just have a bias against revelations.

'Bullet time' was an innovation from the movie credited to the former cowriter/director of Akira.

If you watch 300, you'll notice that the word sacrifice is not used once to describe the actions of the Spartan soldiers.

Xerxes said to Leonidas "There will be no glory in your sacrifice"

Can't wait to see more of this movie.

Last edited:
Back