Student Goes Off At Teacher About Education

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very true.

Is there any coteachers that you think are lazy, and don't give kids what they need at your school Criterion? Or are all the teachers you work with proud and happy to teach?

I deal with A LOT of teachers, (work at staples, we get flooded with Purchase Orders from the school district.) and most of them seem to be pretty proud to be a teacher. They seem to love it.

I think it takes a certain type to teach, every once in a while there's that teacher who just doesn't care. I had a football coach for my Western Literature class, he didn't even show up half the time.

You have bad apples in every profession but I honestly think the bad ones are rare in teaching. If there are alot of bad ones, you have to look at the administration as well because sometimes they can be to blame for bad attitudes amongst teaching staff. There's alot of things these days that can totally make a teacher fed up with it all. We have one teacher here who is quitting teaching. He taught for over ten years but got fed up with having to teach a class half full of special ed kids every year. Our principal gave him alot of troubled kids simply because he's male. He's been beat on, bit, kicked, you name it. Plus trying to teach a class of 28 while all this is happening. I'd quit too. He's going out west and he said he'll only go back to teaching if he can't find something else. He's a really good guy too. It's a shame.

College Professors get away with ****! They are high paid and alot of times they either tape their classes or students teach using their notes. It's BS.

I gotta ask since it's either a lot time since I was school or you guys work differently overseas, probably both :lol.
What are 'packets'? are they like books of information or something.

Just curious cos I've never heard it before and you guys seems to talk about about them.

As for the vid, it looks like a set up to me at least. I'm not commenting on the issues raised as I say cos I'm overseas and don't know your schooling (hell, I don't really know our shooling anymore :lol) so I'm just going by the actions/reactions etc and I think it was set up, the speech that is.
x

Usually just a couple pages of paper stapled together

How many of you guys are teachers? Hands? Hands? anyone? Then don't comment like you know what's what until you are. It's a very challenging, draining job. For every kid who cares about their education you have 20 who could care less and if it isn't Minecraft, Xbox or something else then it's not worth their time.

I thought "couldn't care less" was proper?:dunno:lol:monkey3:1-1:

I think I discovered something.

If you're in your mid 20's or younger, you're on this guy's side.

If you're older then 20, this guy is rude, disruptive jerk who should be punished.

It's all so clear. So clear! MY EYES!

A teacher that isn't effective?!?... Call Ripley's. Good thing there's never been an ineffective accountant, air traffic controller, architect, computer programmer, dentist, doctor, economist, engineer, financial analyst, journalist, lawyer, mathematician, military officer, nurse, optometrist, pharmacist, priest, pilot, psychologist, scientist, social worker, or veterinarian. But then, everyone's been IN a classroom at one time so they are automatically someone with an expert opinion on education. The fact that everyone has been in a classroom should be the first indication that teachers have an enormous responsibility and an amazing influnce to help propel an individual towards great heights--

That's teaching. Again, this thread is very amusing.

I think I discovered something.

If you're in your mid 20's or younger, you're on this guy's side.

If you're older then 20, this guy is rude, disruptive jerk who should be punished.

It's all so clear. So clear! MY EYES!

Ha!..... I didn't want to say anything, but I have noticed that around the internet too.

I clearly understand what this guy is complaining about. I've had numerous teachers that just handed out xerox copies called dittos and that was it. They rarely taught lessons.
One in particular only did that. She handed out copies, sat at her desk, marked papers or more often read a magazine while eating or listening to the radio. When a student had a question, the teacher's aid would come around and help out, not the actual teacher. The one time she didn't do this and actually got up in front of the class and taught was when the principle was sitting in class evaluating how the teacher worked. Then and only then did she actually do something in class, the next day she would be right back behind the desk reading a magazine and eating junk food, it would've been comical if it was so depressing. If you think this was just some inexperienced teacher she wasn't, she retired following my senior year after two decades working as a teacher.

I strongly believe that the best way to force teachers to do their jobs and prevent students from acting like a-holes is to put surveillance cameras with microphones in every classroom that the principle can monitor to keep everyone on their toes.

I've been teaching for 22 years and my wife for 24 years. Obviously we don't know the whole story here. We only know what we are shown. I will say, that I have known many teachers over the years who rely on packets. We call them "ditto doers". It is the laziest, way to teach. Actually, no teaching goes on in these classes. There is no lesson planning, no creativity, no higher order/critical thinking skills being developed, no student engagement, etc. As the quality of education continues to deteriorate, so does the students active engagement in their own education, yet their entitlement continues to increase. The parents are making education much less of a priority, and many of the teachers are there only for a paycheck.

I strongly believe that the best way to force teachers to do their jobs and prevent students from acting like a-holes is to put surveillance cameras with microphones in every classroom that the principle can monitor to keep everyone on their toes.

What an awesome idea. Let's pay a principal their salary for CCTV monitoring their staff. "Strongly believe"... pffft.

Last edited:
I clearly understand what this guy is complaining about. I've had numerous teachers that just handed out xerox copies called dittos and that was it. They rarely taught lessons.
One in particular only did that. She handed out copies, sat at her desk, marked papers or more often read a magazine while eating or listening to the radio. When a student had a question, the teacher's aid would come around and help out, not the actual teacher. The one time she didn't do this and actually got up in front of the class and taught was when the principle was sitting in class evaluating how the teacher worked. Then and only then did she actually do something in class, the next day she would be right back behind the desk reading a magazine and eating junk food, it would've been comical if it was so depressing. If you think this was just some inexperienced teacher she wasn't, she retired following my senior year after two decades working as a teacher.

that explains everything :rotfl:rotfl she just wanted to leave.

that explains everything :rotfl:rotfl she just wanted to leave.

Four years of collecting her paycheck and wanting to leave. She shouldn't have been allowed to retire, she should've been fired for slacking off. Just pull that crap at an actual job without a union and be prepared to start looking for another job.

Read my earlier post and you will see I know what I am talking about, already mentioned the teachers. By the way, teachers are only allowed to get away with what their boss allows them to get away with. Unannounced walkthroughs and evaluations can help to keep teachers on tier toes.

I spent several years in NYC public schools, and I can say that many of the teachers are just lazy, and lack the drive to do anything worthwhile in the classrooms. In addition, after teaching for a certain number of years, they become tenured and have their positions for life.

I admire this kid for standing up for himself. I was one of the top students in my high school, and even I was subjected to having classes where the teachers just handed out packets, and didn't teach a damn thing. It was a complete waste of my time.

I've read some of the comments here about how this kid was out of line and should have "respected his elder". But, I'd have to say that respect is something that should be earned, not something that's just given to someone because they happen to be older. I wish I had his bravery when I was younger.

Last edited:
Read my earlier post and you will see I know what I am talking about, already mentioned the teachers. By the way, teachers are only allowed to get away with what their boss allows them to get away with. Unannounced walkthroughs and evaluations can help to keep teachers on tier toes.

Sorry I missed your post, you're absolutely right. I've actually tried to get the principle to deal with this same teacher on another issue (wrongly given detention for obeying instruction from a substitute) and she didn't really care. It was a student's word against a teacher's, and the teacher wins every time. I think the teachers were a little too chummy with the principle which allowed them to know about the evaluations ahead of the visit.
Cameras would also stop a lot of the fighting that often happens right in front of teachers. I've been punched and kicked in front of a teacher and she didn't say a damn word to stop it.

Back