Student Goes Off At Teacher About Education

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting.

I wonder how Japan does it. Their education system seems to work exceptionally well, but I think that may have a lot to do with how small their population is. They also have an extremely strong work ethic, and it's nearly universal. Not a lot of cultural variation there, best I can tell.

That's interesting.

I wonder how Japan does it. Their education system seems to work exceptionally well, but I think that may have a lot to do with how small their population is. They also have an extremely strong work ethic, and it's nearly universal. Not a lot of cultural variation there, best I can tell.

I haven't looked at any stats recently, but best as I can tell the countries which consistently top the education tables tend to be small and/or relatively monocultural. Achieving similarly high outcomes in a diverse student population (ie class, ethnicity) will always be more challenging. Countries that seek to copy Finland's successful model for example, are kidding themselves.

I wonder how Japan does it. Their education system seems to work exceptionally well

its because the parents over there haven't degenerated the way ours have. They're brought up with classic work-ethic morals still intact.
Those children are not sitting there watching their parents live off the govt and being taught thats the right thing to do.

Our schools/teachers are the last hope for a generation being raised by entitlement-exploiters.
and the worst part is those very teachers are from the same entitlement exploiter-generation.. :monkey1

picture.php

its because the parents over there haven't degenerated the way ours have. They're brought up with classic work-ethic morals still intact.
Those children are not sitting there watching their parents live off the govt and being taught thats the right thing to do.

Our schools/teachers are the last hope for a generation being raised by entitlement-exploiters.
and the worst part is those very teachers are from the same entitlement exploiter-generation.. :monkey1

Japan, in a sense, grows their own workers. Once a Japanese student gets to a certain level, they know how much they want to invest in him. College students are guaranteed jobs over there, so by the time a Japanese student graduates from college, they are no better off, or smarter than an American student. It's mostly in college in Japan. If you think American kids party in college, you need to look into Japan!

Granted I'm taking this from a documentary I saw on tv years ago.

First off, it's not a teacher's responsiblity take over raising kids from parents who don't.

And at least teachers went to school and got a job.

Are you a hater or what? :lol

Japan, in a sense, grows their own workers. Once a Japanese student gets to a certain level, they know how much they want to invest in him. College students are guaranteed jobs over there, so by the time a Japanese student graduates from college, they are no better off, or smarter than an American student. It's mostly in college in Japan. If you think American kids party in college, you need to look into Japan!

Granted I'm taking this from a documentary I saw on tv years ago.

do you remember the name if the documentary? sounds interesting.

Are you a hater or what? :lol
possibly yes. :wave

Im very aware of my own "irritations". I complain about complainers to a point I can annoy myself, because I know Im wasting my own time worrying about it.

If the govt invested enough money in our education system I may be a teacher myself. The lone outstanding term "you get what you pay for" applies exponentially here.
Its this country's future. We do the equivalent of the Salvation Army as far as what our govt puts into funding education. And we get what we pay for. Teachers who don't give a ****. The Josh is a GodSend compared to what the majority of our country's teachers should be. Most show up to work and care about their job (each student as an individual) about as much as my garbage guy does (nothing wrong with that ((PC buffer)) ).
.. and then we sit back and play dumb and wonder why some stranger at a school isn't turning our own children (country's future) into something most of us are incapable of creating ourselves.

I recall the day when I was growing up when school teachers were looked up to and and thought of as being smarter than the average adult because after all, they're teaching our children to potentially be BETTER than us because they're educated and have mastered the field they teach. But not anymore. Now we just hope the teachers just have the basics to teach our children the same basics. And today we defend incompetent teachers (the majority) with the same passion we used to defend competent teachers of years past.

We're SO focused on complaining today, that we completely lose focus on the reality of what we're really achieving collectively. An insanely low level of mediocrity. And all in the name of having my own personal POV being heard and applied. Even if its detrimental to my own childrens' growth. Because after all, I only care about me right??? ... :monkey1

possibly yes. :wave

Im very aware of my own "irritations". I complain about complainers to a point I can annoy myself, because I know Im wasting my own time worrying about it.

If the govt invested enough money in our education system I may be a teacher myself. The lone outstanding term "you get what you pay for" applies exponentially here.
Its this country's future. We do the equivalent of the Salvation Army as far as what our govt puts into funding education. And we get what we pay for. Teachers who don't give a ****. The Josh is a GodSend compared to what the majority of our country's teachers should be. Most show up to work and care about their job (each student as an individual) about as much as my garbage guy does (nothing wrong with that ((PC buffer)) ).
.. and then we sit back and play dumb and wonder why some stranger at a school isn't turning our own children (country's future) into something most of us are incapable of creating ourselves.

I recall the day when I was growing up when school teachers were looked up to and and thought of as being smarter than the average adult because after all, they're teaching our children to potentially be BETTER than us because they're educated and have mastered the field they teach. But not anymore. Now we just hope the teachers just have the basics to teach our children the same basics. And today we defend incompetent teachers (the majority) with the same passion we used to defend competent teachers of years past.

We're SO focused on complaining today, that we completely lose focus on the reality of what we're really achieving collectively. An insanely low level of mediocrity. And all in the name of having my own personal POV being heard and applied. Even if its detrimental to my own childrens' growth. Because after all, I only care about me right??? ... :monkey1

I honestly believe that the majority of teachers aren't in it for the paycheck because in most cases, it's not enough to make all the bull**** that they have to go through worth it. I don't know where you're getting that most are incompetent.

Teachers can't teach one on one. Our teachers at my school have nearly 30 kids per class, with many of them special needs (they can no longer seperate them). It takes a lot of their time just dealing with those kids each day. They honestly do the best they can with what they're given. They also have to teach around state tests now, which is a pain. If anyone is to blame for the mess our educational system is in, blame the state or government. It's when they got so highly involved is when it went to hell. Of course everyone points the blame at the easy target, the teachers, or the teacher's union.

I will say that all districts / teachers / areas are different with the type of student and/or teacher they experience and form an opinion to.
Overall I agree with everything you said.

I honestly believe that the majority of teachers aren't in it for the paycheck because in most cases, it's not enough to make all the bull**** that they have to go through worth it. I don't know where you're getting that most are incompetent.

Teachers can't teach one on one. Our teachers at my school have nearly 30 kids per class, with many of them special needs (they can no longer seperate them). It takes a lot of their time just dealing with those kids each day. They honestly do the best they can with what they're given. They also have to teach around state tests now, which is a pain. If anyone is to blame for the mess our educational system is in, blame the state or government. It's when they got so highly involved is when it went to hell. Of course everyone points the blame at the easy target, the teachers, or the teacher's union.

:exactly::goodpost:

That's interesting.

Maybe this has something to do with it. :rotfl
Not g rated. It's sexual. I am joking, but the stories are true.

https://rense.com/general19/down.htm

Howard Stern covered this on his radio show years ago, and it was unusual enough for me to remember it.

Enema- A procedure in which liquid or gas is injected into the ******, typically to expel its contents, but also to introduce drugs or permit.

Back