Stranger slaps toddler for crying in Wal-Mart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to WalMart last night and bought a pinata shaped like Sponge Bob for my boys birthday party. :rock :rock :rock

We used one of them over the 4th of July at a picnic for the kids. We have the dimembered legs taped to our attic entrance in the ceiling...

You don't have to smack.
The naughty step works wonders on my 2 year old
Smacking kids teaches them to hit out themselves.

And talking of Wal*Mart, I know some of you who collect the Clone Wars figures have to shop there, so you don't miss out on there exclusives

You don't have to smack.
The naughty step works wonders on my 2 year old
Smacking kids teaches them to hit out themselves.

And talking of Wal*Mart, I know some of you who collect the Clone Wars figures have to shop there, so you don't miss out on there exclusives

Kids don't have to be hit to hit others. My nephew used to hit, kick and pinch when he was a toddler and believe me, his mother never did a thing to him before or after he learned that. He pinched me once and I pinched him back hard! He never did it again to me.

I'm all for corporal punishment when it comes to unruly children(well, my future children anyway!) but what this man did was wrong. Shoooot, if I was the child's parent, I'll give him a boom boom pow! he'll never forget!
onion_msn_smileys-13.gif

Shaming and ignoring children works better than physical abuse. The effects are much deeper and longer-lasting. When you smack them or yell at them, you are giving them attention, which they want.

I've learned ignoring works best..

All kids throw a fit now and then.. People who don't have kids have no idea how hard it can be to be a parent.. Its a major lesson in patience and restraint..

I didn't read or watch the video that this thread is about but nobody has the right to smack someone else's kid..

No, like this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/G1PllrfeiVw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/G1PllrfeiVw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Adam Sandler is awful. I can't believe people pay money to see this stuff.

No, like this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/G1PllrfeiVw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/G1PllrfeiVw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Adam Sandler is awful. I can't believe people pay money to see this stuff.

How'd you do that?

Kids don't have to be hit to hit others. My nephew used to hit, kick and pinch when he was a toddler and believe me, his mother never did a thing to him before or after he learned that. He pinched me once and I pinched him back hard! He never did it again to me.

That's true but some kids are just ^^^^ed up whether they get hit or not...but the ^^^^ed up parts of the kid (hitting, pinching, etc...) are all a direct result of their up bringing by the parent or guardian or their environment (which the guardian is responsible for)...

To hit or not to hit disciplinary beliefs... i think either way of disciplining could work if done right, no real wrong/right way of doing it as long as the final results are the same: a sane normal respectful child... but like others have voiced already here if anyone touched my child they would be in a world of agonizing hurt...

but the ^^^^ed up parts of the kid (hitting, pinching, etc...) are all a direct result of their up bringing by the parent or guardian or their environment (which the guardian is responsible for)...
Could be genetic pre-disposition. Some sociopaths are just born that way, for instance. Perhaps the same could be said for uncontrollable aggression in some cases. Of course, those parents would be responsible for keeping their kids doped up appropriately.

See that's the thing I don't think I have ever meet a kid who was born ^^^^ed up (I am speaking in regards to behavioral problems like being rude/hitting/etc..not autism, schizophrenia,etc...) I always see the root of the problem at the parent/guardian to blame for their misbehavior.

Although I did get a chuckle after I found out the child was ok, if a stranger did that to my son, they would have to pry my fingers from around his neck...

I don't think anyone on this board is saying it is alright to hit someone else's kid even though you might want to.

You can have two of your own kids and raise them the same way and sometimes they can act and react differently. You have to learn what works for each child. I was never hit as a kid, but my brothers were. Both grew up just fine and didn't become murders or wife beaters.

I don't think anyone on this board is saying it is alright to hit someone else's kid even though you might want to.

You can have two of your own kids and raise them the same way and sometimes they can act and react differently. You have to learn what works for each child. I was never hit as a kid, but my brothers were. Both grew up just fine and didn't become murders or wife beaters.

I agree. God knows, I was whooped as a kid!:lol And I came out just fine.:monkey3 But as far as someone else hitting someone else's kid, that's ten kinds of screwed, and like I said before, if someone hits my kid they're getting knocked out, it's done.

Back