STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked the same thing on chat, didn't get an answer. I think it's a case of people complaining on the forum, but not to SS.

One guy here complained to SS iirc. There's no surprise they wouldn't tell them those things or lie to you, hell they take off bad reviews on their site :p

And also you can pretty much take it as a given that most CS or Sales reps at companies wouldn't be told this sort of information anyways and basically have to make stuff up ;p

Here they confirmed the off-what problem within a chat indirectly.

EDIT:
I just chatted with a Sideshow rep, and when asked if the current batch is all off-white, she said: "not all have been opened up, just random boxes, so I am not sure if all of them have this off white color, but i believe this is how the newest shipment has arrived."

Pretty lame from them to deny disappointed user reactions regarding this problem.
I was pretty close to add a 2nd trooper to my collection, but the seller confirmed me that my white trooper wouldn't match with his some yellowish trooper. Fortunately I sent him some pictures before to compare the colors.

SSC and their high QC... Next: pink Stormtrooper

article-1279289587456-0a4d1e21000005dc-51838_636x300.jpg

So the new series, which is to be Jul 2015 - Sep 2015 also will have a problem with the color? whether this has to be normal? White?

So how can Sideshow repaint these to make some money? Or have they already run out of opportunities with the FU Commander and BH Trooper?

So how can Sideshow repaint these to make some money? Or have they already run out of opportunities with the FU Commander and BH Trooper?

Those were likely made off of poor casts, repainting isn't worth the effort. They've had to send them back to china, strip the paint, and then paint them again and ship them back. No way they are going to do that, they will just sell them as is and most people won't complain.

Did Sideshow ever update the product pictures?

They have actually recently started updating their pictures with pictures of production pieces (on newer stuff, something like this is probably too old). However what you will see is the best example possible of what you'll get, which is definitely better then proto but if there's any wide range of QC problems or common breaks etc you obviously won't see that (ex if a statue commonly had googly eyes you undoubtedly would NOT see the googly eyed one on SS' site. The same way the factories in China send their best samples to SS, tbh the production photos you see probably are of the samples). As I said this is probably too old too update, and if they put up the "yellowed" TK pics it wouldn't be with the original white pictures left up to compare with or they'd take shots in lighting to so it wouldn't be as easy to tell.

Honestly the only way to save these would be to repaint them and considering they probably aren't going to sell too many more of them they're just going to let it lie and issue refunds to customers who complain and hope (and they'll probably be right) that most don't notice or just live with it. I really really doubt this would be in anyway worthwhile to do another run of these as it's past the high-point for selling them.

Don't give them ideas. Gentle Giant made a red Stormie... :slap

But imagine how happy that guy would be if they released a pink Stormtrooper. :lol

Seriously though, it's pretty sad if they can't get a solid white paint job right.

But imagine how happy that guy would be if they released a pink Stormtrooper. :lol

Seriously though, it's pretty sad if they can't get a solid white paint job right.

Generally even this white would require some mixing, and they just got the ratios wrong which screwed up all of them that used that paint. Not too surprising tbh, especially as it's probably tougher to see without the a comparison one. What's really ****** (but not unsurprising) is that they won't do anything about it.

I've had some coin work done in china before and once one of my samples were off due too this, and it's why we I got samples ;p

Back