STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my order in. I'm happy. :) That's one must-have checked off the list.

Congrats choop, I know how long you have been waiting for the Storm Trooper p.f. , :)

now all you need is an Easterling p.f. :nana:

:lol That's precisely what they expect!

lol yeah, i understand exactly what sideshow is doing, they will see how many preorders there are total, then pad it with like 500 more, to get the total "limited" edition number. By doing so they made sure they dont lock themselves out of max profit but also loses some of its brand reputation as a highend collector-focused company. I mean it's not "limited edition" if you sell unlimited number to everyone who will buy, and then after the fact, putting a limit # on it...

What i really want is a PF jawa statue, or a group of them together :( they are my favorite starwar characters, followed by the storm troopers.

lol yeah, i understand exactly what sideshow is doing, they will see how many preorders there are total, then pad it with like 500 more, to get the total "limited" edition number. By doing so they made sure they dont lock themselves out of max profit but also loses some of its brand reputation as a highend collector-focused company. I mean it's not "limited edition" if you sell unlimited number to everyone who will buy, and then after the fact, putting a limit # on it...

What i really want is a PF jawa statue, or a group of them together :( they are my favorite starwar characters, followed by the storm troopers.
I think it's still fits the definition of limited edition, because there will be a set amount of pieces, therefore "limited". They will definitely do all you said and wait to figure out the amount they can sell by adding up pre-orders and padding it a bit. That just plain makes sense.

Yeah, a Jawa PF would seriously rock and go damn well with the impending droids.

I think this looks great! I havent ordered yet, guess I dont feel comfortable with no exclusive and no edition size...hmmm....

Ordered!!

I'm loving all of these PFs lately. My preordering dry spell is over now that they're moving away from stuff like Cyborg Darth Maul and giving us some classic characters. Now that I have Palpatine and a Stormtrooper on order, it's time for the droids. I'm so happy to be getting new OT characters introduced to the line!

The statue looks a little bit awkward when you look at its left side in the 360 degrees feature.

There's something about the stance looking strange.

Guess, that's why they didn't give us pics from that side.

Anyway, I ordered one nonetheless.

The leg armor is much too skinny, the chest plate pectoral area detail is off, and the shoulder armor is too thick. You would need really skinny legs to fit in armor of that proportion.

It is not accurate but still a very cool statue. I'll order it from Razor's or locally.

I always find it funny that the first thing people complain about when a new item goes up is the inaccuracies. These are scaled collectibles and made for mass production so there will always be inaccuracies.

These are just made to look like the character. Nobody ever said these were supposed to look exactly like the screen used prop. It's the sculptor or artists interpretation of the character. They give it the general characteristics and appearance that it is supposed to have.

The idea is that this is supposed to look like a Stormtrooper. It does.

I didn't hesitate on this one; it is a no brainer for a SW PF collector. :slap I will order a second after seeing the ES and whether or not they will come out with an exclusive or not.

Well SS where is the exclusive!! :impatient:

Really, SSC's should be going back and updating the pitiful old PF's like Luke and Han. I mean...how hard is it for them to put out a kicka-- Han Solo PF or any others. I mean there's hundreds of figures. a ST is cool, but give me a Royal Imperial Guard, or a Tie Fighter Pilot.

I always find it funny that the first thing people complain about when a new item goes up is the inaccuracies. These are scaled collectibles and made for mass production so there will always be inaccuracies.

These are just made to look like the character. Nobody ever said these were supposed to look exactly like the screen used prop. It's the sculptor or artists interpretation of the character. They give it the general characteristics and appearance that it is supposed to have.

The idea is that this is supposed to look like a Stormtrooper. It does.

Guess people go for the price when judging. Among so many 1/6 versions, quality should rise with the price. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.
From a Hasbro 20 bucks Snowtrooper, I myself don't expect detail accuracy. But when the price for one statue is as high as here, I do understand the moaning.
Vader is another good example why people argued about the lack of accuracy, because he is sold for silly prices. So yeah, I do understand the debating.

Really, SSC's should be going back and updating the pitiful old PF's like Luke and Han. I mean...how hard is it for them to put out a kicka-- Han Solo PF or any others. I mean there's hundreds of figures. a ST is cool, but give me a Royal Imperial Guard, or a Tie Fighter Pilot.

YES, YES! The Royal Guard has to be the next one made so I can have 2 flanking Palps. :hi5: I would like an AT-AT Driver as well.

Back