STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always find it funny that the first thing people complain about when a new item goes up is the inaccuracies. These are scaled collectibles and made for mass production so there will always be inaccuracies.

These are just made to look like the character. Nobody ever said these were supposed to look exactly like the screen used prop. It's the sculptor or artists interpretation of the character. They give it the general characteristics and appearance that it is supposed to have.

The idea is that this is supposed to look like a Stormtrooper. It does.

This is a scaled item indeed and indeed it cannot possibly look exactly like a 1:1 Stormtrooper. But it is not a $10 toy or $20 action figure. It is more than that. SS should have looked into it a bit more, to have it "look like" a Stormtrooper in these days maybe is not enough for all collectors. Collectors have evolved, just look at what HT does with their stuff and even there we can see some problems. Look at the old Gentle Giant Stormie bust and how accurate its helmet it.

Long gone are the times when a product is released and everyone will just bow down to the company making it. We pay a lot of cash for these, so why not thriving for more? And indeed it is not accurate, it has many minor errors and inaccuracies, and still many of us (me included) will buy it nevertheless. Cinemaquette listened to the fans when they said Vader had a wrong type of chest box etc.

If someone likes everything a company releases and has no objections whatsoever, more power to him/her, because this is exactly the customer that company wants...

Understand what JKNO is saying or GTFO...no excuses,even the damn left shin armor is still wrong like the 1/6th scale figure..looks like a direct copy of the figure FFS!.

Ahh well,i love SSC Clones though.

If it was a $30 toy then yes id overlook the flaws, but at $300 i should be picky about how it looks. Ive been looking forward to Sideshow releasing the PF Stormtrooper but the helmet is the deal breaker for me.
Looks more like a copy of the Marco/GT helmets then the ANH screen used helmets :(

Guess ill have to finish my own 1/4 scale trooper now

I always find it funny that the first thing people complain about when a new item goes up is the inaccuracies. These are scaled collectibles and made for mass production so there will always be inaccuracies.

These are just made to look like the character. Nobody ever said these were supposed to look exactly like the screen used prop. It's the sculptor or artists interpretation of the character. They give it the general characteristics and appearance that it is supposed to have.

I find it pathetic,,,,even worse is certain members belong to numerous other forums and they're spreading their written bile there too,,,,really really sad!!! you ever notice it always seems to be the same group of boys? lol,,,,same thing with every new announcement,,,,anticipation,,,,_____ & moan,,,,finally ships and looks awesome in hand,,,,this will be no different,,,

on a positive note,,, i can afford a second one now and will paint it pink to go with my other customized pink statues,,,,i:clap

Who said this was supposed to look exactly like the Stormtroopers in ANH?

,,,,i guess this would,,,,

The Stormtrooper Premium Format figure captures every detail of the iconic armored soldiers from the original 'Star Wars' film, A New Hope. Each piece is individually painted and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Crafted in 1:4 scale, this dynamic figure features a real fabric bodysuit and hand-cast trooper armor. The Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure is the perfect addition to any Star Wars display.

tbh,,,looks like them to me,,,,and looks the same as other storms from esb and rotj too,,,,

Honestly all Storm Troopers look the same to me too.
And SSC 's looks pretty darn good to my non discerning eyes :lol

1. Look at the old Gentle Giant Stormie bust and how accurate its helmet it.

2. Cinemaquette listened to the fans when they said Vader had a wrong type of chest box etc.

1. Isn't it accurate because it was scanned?

2. Too bad they didn't change that goofy pose. :lol

Everything under the sun of course.

I personally wouldn't want them to be 100% screen accurate because from what I saw at the Local Star Wars Science Meets Imagination exhibit last month, up close the storm trooper outfit is far from perfect looking. You should see how warped in spots that suit is.

I get pretty picky about stuff, but this Stormie looks super nice to me and there's very little gripes I have enough to pass this piece up completely.

Also being as I was a former 501st costumer with a Stormtrooper outfit in 1999-2006 this is a really nice homage to the GT costume I had, so it's a mix of both movie and 501st love.

Everything under the sun of course.

I personally wouldn't want them to be 100% screen accurate because from what I saw at the Local Star Wars Science Meets Imagination exhibit last month, up close the storm trooper outfit is far from perfect looking. You should see how warped in spots that suit is.

I get pretty picky about stuff, but this Stormie looks super nice to me and there's very little gripes I have enough to pass this piece up completely.

Also being as I was a former 501st costumer with a Stormtrooper outfit in 1999-2006 this is a really nice homage to the GT costume I had, so it's a mix of both movie and 501st love.

tumblr_lhg4g2nqYq1qam5pw.gif

What's are the inaccuracies the Stormie PF?

Shhhhhhhhh! Don't get them riled up! :pfft:

This exhibit will be in Houston next month. Looking forward to checking it out! :rock

Back