STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed something a bit odd on my Stormtrooper. The right mic tip (left if you're looking at it) has a bit of what looks like casting residue. I already emailed Sideshow about it to see if I can get a replacement. This isn't a big deal to most but it is to me. I paid $300 for something, I expect it to be perfect. Anybody have this issue with theirs? Hopefully I get a timely response from Sideshow. My replacement antenna for my Commandy Cody still hasn't been taken care of. :dunno

6873053013_0b7d8097fd_z.jpg

The helmet is bad enough without that, also looks like a bad paintjob in there as well.

I just got mine and the leg is broken as well...nice statue overall, but it is a shame to see so many issues with them arriving in 1 piece!

Mine has got a wonky left leg. Its a little wobbly right below the knee.

I've always wanted a stormie PF since the line started.
I still like it, but never thought I'd be this underwhelmed after finally having one.

:violin

That problem next to the mic tip looks odd. As for a head replacement only, if the statue is ok otherwise.

Just noticed something a bit odd on my Stormtrooper. The right mic tip (left if you're looking at it) has a bit of what looks like casting residue. I already emailed Sideshow about it to see if I can get a replacement. This isn't a big deal to most but it is to me. I paid $300 for something, I expect it to be perfect. Anybody have this issue with theirs? Hopefully I get a timely response from Sideshow. My replacement antenna for my Commandy Cody still hasn't been taken care of. :dunno

6873053013_0b7d8097fd_z.jpg

Yeah that is not cool, I would not keep it personally. They either have to give you a new head or you can return it to them entirely. It boggles my mind that the Stromtrooper PF's (being one of the most sought after character in the SW line) has gotten such a poor production run and packing job.

This sums this whole thread up: :yuck:stormtroo

Well my replacement is on the way. :blissy I received the tracking info on it last night. Can't wait I love this one. I should've asked for just a body replacement because the helmet was perfect but I've only seen one issue so far concerning the helmet. Hopefully the replacement will be packed right and the base will be inside the designated Styrofoam area. I know it fits because that is how I sent it back. Please no issues. :pray:

If Sideshow would have packed this piece properly in the first place, then there wouldn't be a lot of issues with broken statues. I agree with everyone here. Although my Stormtrooper arrived undamaged, the packaging was really poor, probably the worst I've ever seen of a PF.

This is the worst packaging I've seen on any higher end item. There are $10 Hasbro figure packed better than this...

It's their fault for trying to save money on packaging. It ended up costing them more in replacement costs rather than saved them some money by using cheap inadequate packaging.

Anyone got a Luke (ep4) or Han PF? Remember the packaging? AMAZING!

5 years and 20 odd PF's later...CRAP packaging!

Ah, how times have changed :(

Anyone got a Luke (ep4) or Han PF? Remember the packaging? AMAZING!

5 years and 20 odd PF's later...CRAP packaging!

Ah, how times have changed :(

I have Vader PF and packaging was great indeed. And so it was for so many other statues, figures and props I got. SS really needs to learn from this. :lecture

You were right it was there. Why was it there? The foam has a place designed for the base to fit in.

It has indeed a place for it on the foam, but the foam itself is so poor quality it couldn't have hold the base without damaging the statue (even more). :slap

I do have the Han & Luke PF's and the packaging was incredible. To me the greatest packaging ever was done by Master Replicas. Have most of their SW prop replicas & Studio Scale ships...everything thing was packed to avoid scratches, breakage, etc. They even included high quality dust clothes to boot! Those were the days....

Back