STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet the exclusive are green lenses like the stunt helmet! :hi5:

EDIT: Maybe the different smile and higher "head band" too.

EDIT 2: You can actually see in the background pic from the preview that the helmet on the left is a stunt and the one on the right is a hero :lecture

Generally speaking, that's what exclusives are for. I don't see them selling heads separately for just anyone to buy. Exclusives get people to buy their PFs from Sideshow at a higher markup.

Very true, but you would think in this economy they could take advantage of something like this.
For example, I would like a Morrison head for my Clone PF, even though he came with 2 buckets already. :)

Oh, and a switch out gun/hand!!!

Man, I've only been a SW fan for 30 years and the helmet looks fine to me. I mean, it's funny. Every time leading up to a release you have those wanting to pull the trigger with one photo and others saying they will pass with one photo, when EVERYONE agrees 99.9% of these look better in hand than any photo. Same thing recently happened in the Cobra Commander thread and then pages of people nitpicking after many were like on day one, oh yeah, this will sell out. I guarantee there's not a 100% movie accurate anything SS or any other company puts out.

so true,,,,my dad has been a collector for over 40 years,,,,and me about 20,,,,i'm glad i don't have a thumb up my a** when it comes to these things,,,,

,,,,looks like a stormtrooper to me,,,,

so true,,,,my dad has been a collector for over 40 years,,,,and me about 20,,,,i'm glad i don't have a thumb up my a** when it comes to these things,,,,

,,,,looks like a stormtrooper to me,,,,

Too many important things to obsess about. SSC and Hot Toys and others are giving us excellent likenesses these days compared to years ago. Something can be found wrong with all of them.

Yeah, it looks like a stormtrooper, but I'm not sure that's the metric we should be using for $300+ statues. It could look better (again, just judging by that picture). I don't like pointless complaining either, but I think it's constructive to talk about possible inaccuracies.

Yeah, it looks like a stormtrooper, but I'm not sure that's the metric we should be using for $300+ statues. It could look better (again, just judging by that picture). I don't like pointless complaining either, but I think it's constructive to talk about possible inaccuracies.

^ This. :lecture

How accurate is a $300 statue? I really don't want to be paying $600 or $1000 or more just to have it 100% Star Wars fan certified accurate ;)

There's no reason to think that more accuracy would cost more. My point is that at $300, I think we have a right to expect a certain degree of accuracy. It's not a $10 action figure.

How accurate is a $300 statue?

Answer: as accurate as Sideshow strives to make it.

There's no reason to think that more accuracy would cost more. My point is that at $300, I think we have a right to expect a certain degree of accuracy. It's not a $10 action figure.

Exactly. Making the helmet as accurate as possible shouldn't add a penny to the cost of the piece.

All that said, this is moot until we see more/better pics. It could just be a funny angle and lighting in that one preview pic that is making the helmet look off.

SSC seems to take some liberties on ALL PF's it makes. Perhaps it's not an error, but a liberty. I guess I am just not as an-l as some. For $300 all of mine look good to me. Can I find flaws? Yep.

It's definitely a little early to start panicking. ;) And it's not like it's that bad. I'd probably still buy one even like this, but I hope that it's just the photo making it look odd.

My guess, as it has been for months, is an hero and a stunt helmet as Ex.

I fear SS is saving Luke and Han heads for future releases.

The recent Clonetrooper PF release is a good clue but the preview pic with both helmets in the background is pretty much telling it all.

So SS, go with the same $300 as the Clone and save those $330 for Han & Luke.

Its looks that odd because of the angle and because its the stunt helmet.

Compare with the Stormie in the background of the preview pic.

I'll have to see more pics before getting this for sure. At the same time I'm curious if the statue will have a fabric undersuit and polystone armor, instead of being entirely made or polystone

I noticed right away that the helmet seemed a bit off but it's not a deal breaker. I'll be ordering one for sure.

Also there's really no need for an exclusive imo.

Oh come on JKNO we all know that you'll be getting him! :lol

To be honest not really sure. The funny thing is that about 20 minutes ago I sent a deposit for an item I wanted all my life which will beat any statue of any Stormtrooper made by anyone. :wink1: If I'll have money left, then no problem, I'll get the PF. If not, then I'll be more than happy with this item I'm getting.

Back