STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest not really sure. The funny thing is that about 20 minutes ago I sent a deposit for an item I wanted all my life which will beat any statue of any Stormtrooper made by anyone. :wink1: If I'll have money left, then no problem, I'll get the PF. If not, then I'll be more than happy with this item I'm getting.

Whatca get? The eFX Vader helmet?

The Stormtrooper will be my 1st Star Wars PF and I might order Boba Fett before he arrives to my door step...

Too many important things to obsess about. SSC and Hot Toys and others are giving us excellent likenesses these days compared to years ago. Something can be found wrong with all of them.

:clap

C121Stormtrooper.jpg
<
Attakus_Stormtrooper10.jpg
<
10238.jpg
<
GG_StormtrooperStatue.jpg
<
SIDE_STORMTROOPER.jpg
<
051911stormtrooperpf_01.jpg
051911stormtrooperpf_02.jpg

The only one that has a quite accurate helmet is the Gentle Giant bust. GG made a superb bust, the best scaled collectible next to a 1:1 helmet. And remember the 1:1 MR/eFX LE helmets are not 100% accurate either, they were made from 2 different original sculpts and heavily idealized.

Also the Kotobukiya 1:7 Stormtrooper (not pictured) which despite the really stupid pose has a nicely accurate helmet and armor. This can be had for nice prices, hopefully Koto will remake it with a better pose in the future

Attakus looks ok, a bit too stiff like most of the Attakus 1:5 statues, but helmet is wrong on so many levels.

The small Attakus shouldn't be even counted here. It has ROTJ tells on the armor and the helmet is strange looking. But it has an excuse being a small figure.

GG 1:6 statue is nice, but has a weird pose, a too tight armor and helmet is sad and droopy (the same with the rifle) - too bad they didn't use the original GG bust sculpt, would have been the best Stormie statue ever, excepting 1:1 scale.

SS 1:6 figure, has been analyzed already many times: helmet wrong, it can be partially fixed (Asian eyes, mics - all repainted), but the mouth (under the frown grille) is huge. Cod piece is minuscule. The body is loose and has large hips - could be changed with TT slim IIRC.

SS 1:4 PF - from the pics released the helmet is simply an upscale of the 1:6 one with all the errors present. Though seems the mics have been fixed a bit. Still need more pics to be sure.

Not even 1:1 Stormtrooper armors made by fans like AP, F/X (LOL), TM, TE, SDS, Gino, ATA etc. are not 100% accurate. 99.99% of the armors on the market for now are made from ROTJ armors adapted to be like ANH, or completely new sculpt resembling ANH. The licensed Rubies and Museum Replicas armors and simply crappola. With the 1:1 helmets the situation is a bit better.

Thus we cannot be so hard on smaller figures or statues. But some of us still thrive in getting a sculpt as accurate as possible. For me Stormtroopers are the main specific focus (the general focus being OT Imperials), thus I'd like to see SS trying more on this, not just upscale the existing 1:6 figure to 1:4.

I have this cheap porcelain Christmas ornament of a Stormie helmet that came in a pack of other helmets, and I swear, it's uncanny how accurate the shape and sculpt is (despite the crappy paint job). They got the look right, more so than many of our favorite high end manufacturers. It's a little larger than a Hasbro scale, but smaller than 1/6. Oddly, the Vader in the pack is also remarkable, given the product, the price, and the manufacturer (Kurt Adler).

The Stormie PF looks good. I think what throws it off is that the chin area is a little big. I really need to see the entire figure to make up my mind, but I think this is a winner.

Yeah, I think it looks pretty damn good. I just hope they have a cool Ex. And they don't have a high ES...

Back