Stormtrooper costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyda

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey i am looking for a stormtrooper costume as movie accurate as possible,

where would i look at buying one of these? whats a good site?

iv seen people walkin around malls and at SSCC videos of people wearing them

2816.jpg

Personally I wouldn't get that one as IMO it looks cheap but costs big $$$,
there are some great fan made ones but I don't know where to source them maybe ask some questions at a 501st member site.

Most of the 501st get there stuff on Ebay. Search under "stormtrooper" and you can pretty much find everything you could possibly want. All the upgrades I've made on my Vader costume have come from Ebay.You just have to be patient, and/or willing to spend big bucks. One basic fact: it ain't gonna be cheap!...PS

The 501st guys can also tell you who makes the best costumes. They are a great resource for finding them. I think it would be wise to contact them through their website (a google search should be easy enough).

Ok. First of all, IGNORE the rubies supreme. It sucks. Seriously.

Secondly, visit: whitearmor.net That is the 501'st stormtrooper detatchment. They'll be able to help you out with what you're looking for. Be polite, be curious, but don't just jump in and say 'I want a stormtrooper costume!'

Thirdly, contact your local Garrison. They'll also be able to help you out. Maybe attend an armor party to see what you're getting into.

Good to know. :D Thanks for the save. :clap

You could probably score a set of armor for less than the Rubies, it will be of a higher quality, BUT.. You'll have to work at it. Trim the armor, fit it to you, add the strapping. Don't forget the boots, underarmor, blaster, holster...

'Once you start down the costuming path, forever will it dominate your destiny!'

Ok. First of all, IGNORE the rubies supreme. It sucks. Seriously.

Any particular gripe? I've been wanting some armor for a manequin(s) to guard the entrance to my home theatre someday. Is it a durability issue, or is it accuracy? Do you think it would be OK for display? I probably wouldn't actually wear it all that much, and the price seems right.....

Any particular gripe? I've been wanting some armor for a manequin(s) to guard the entrance to my home theatre someday. Is it a durability issue, or is it accuracy? Do you think it would be OK for display? I probably wouldn't actually wear it all that much, and the price seems right.....

Its mostly a quality issue. Thin, cheap plastic. I understand that some of the details are off. If yoiu plan to wear it at all, I would suggest you do the fan-made route. Even with the rubies, you need the underarmor and the boots. With the fan-Made stuff, you can tell people 'Yeah, I did that myself..'.

Back