Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of right now the face looks really weird. I really hope it's the angle of the photo but I think I'm just kidding myself. Unless they change the head sculpt this will be an easy pass. I really wanted to round off my X-Men collection with all the major characters but oh well.

They put a link on their Facebook page and the reviews of her face are 'pretty' harsh. 25+ comments and only one positive comment about her face. Hopefully, Sideshow will listen and change the sculpt. :dunno

They put a link on their Facebook page and the reviews of her face are 'pretty' harsh. 25+ comments and only one positive comment about her face. Hopefully, Sideshow will listen and change the sculpt. :dunno

Yea, I noticed that as well. One can only hope... At least add an alternative sculp...

they would be foolish not to change it based on the criticism.
A fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart.
-- Confucius
The biggest fool in the world is he who merely does his work supremely well, without attending to appearance.
-- Michael Korda

emmaface.jpg

I really wish SS would have used the character model from Marvel versus Capcom 3 on her :( It makes me worry that Jean Grey won't be in her Phoenix costume and/or have a good sculpt when they eventually get to her :gah:

40cdd9a6c23eff3e8e8bbd7a12c5adda.jpg

18733088327e525df1c8da3657285aa5.jpg

mvsc_poster_storm_fix_100930_PSD_jpgcopy.jpg

I really wish SS would have used the character model from Marvel versus Capcom 3 on her :( It makes me worry that Jean Grey won't be in her Phoenix costume and/or have a good sculpt when they eventually get to her :gah:

mvsc_poster_storm_fix_100930_PSD_jpgcopy.jpg

I would buy this if it was 1:4. Very sleek design & full of sultry look.

So disappointed with this X-Men PF line. First it was Cyclops (I still can't get to like it), then Rogue (still waiting for replacements), and now this. After sooo long waiting for a Storm PF...:(

I hope the change the sculpt as they did with Psylocke, otherwise it will be a HUGE PASS.

PS Hunnipot, I agree the Bowen sculpt looks 100% better. Too bad about the scale though.

So disappointed with this X-Men PF line. First it was Cyclops (I still can't get to like it), then Rogue (still waiting for replacements), and now this. After sooo long waiting for a Storm PF...:(

I hope the change the sculpt as they did with Psylocke, otherwise it will be a HUGE PASS.

PS Hunnipot, I agree the Bowen sculpt looks 100% better. Too bad about the scale though.

I ordered the Bowen Storm. It will only be my 2nd BD piece in over a decade. I just love the look of that piece.

Was gonna post another pic, but at this point the general consensus among us seems to be that there were more than enough good examples for SSC to use as references for Storm's face that retain both an African appearance and beauty. The pics posted so far prove that.

And the overly stylized large eyes needs to just stop. They were too large on Rogue, they're way too large on Storm. And it's even weirder since the men's faces are done in a more comic book/realistic style with more normal features. The X-women get realistic bodies with these exaggerated heads. These women are comic book characters just like their male teammates, not Team America puppets.

Was gonna post another pic, but at this point the general consensus among us seems to be that there were more than enough good examples for SSC to use as references for Storm's face that retain both an African appearance and beauty. The pics posted so far prove that.

And the overly stylized large eyes needs to just stop. They were too large on Rogue, they're way too large on Storm. And it's even weirder since the men's faces are done in a more comic book/realistic style with more normal features. The X-women get realistic bodies with these exaggerated heads. These women are comic book characters just like their male teammates, not Team America puppets.

Aww hell, here's one more MVC3 pic :)

tumblr_lx97lcJDBE1qibib0o1_500.png

Pretty, strong, confident face, AND NO PUPILS! Koto's Storm looks dumb as all hell because of her pupil's and shading them all white would make any statue of her that much better imo. I'm sure there will be a swap out EX head with white eyes, but lord knows it might be a mohawk version or just some redux of the hair with the same face being used as the regular :slap

Back