Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen companies try and fail over the years to make worthwhile figures. Finally...finally someone is doing it justice. Storm give regular updates, are respectful of the source material and collectors, and make changes where necessary. Bring it on!

Makes me wonder if Storm collectibles would be willing to give their ninja figures swappable costumes/gear if we just ask for it? Kind of like what Sentinel has done with their Armorize Iron Man figure. If they could include two different facemasks, why not two different leg guards? Or two different wrist guards? Or tunics? It would be great if we had the option to turn Sub-Zero into noob saibot or give scorpion his MKII/III costume parts etc..

Yeah something like that would be awesome. I mean there will be inevitable restrictions for certain characters. Jax for instance can have swappable metal arms and flesh arms and maybe a removable vest. But you really can't do anything with Kitana and Mileena when it comes to their costumes. Their costumes are just so different from each other from one game to the next that its kind of hard to include parts for a MK II/MK III costume swap/add ons. You might be able to get away with a swap for Kitana's MK III/MK4 and likewise Mileena's MKD and MKSM costumes but most of those other parts will not be compatible with each other depending on the outfit.

I've always adored Sub-Zero's costume from MK Mythologies/MK4

2471_zps0jxphwd5.jpg

Always loved that design.

I sent a message to Storm Collectibles' Facebook page asking if they could please produce the MK Mythologies sub-zero as an alternate variant for wave 1(or at least give the MK II sub-zero conversion parts for the MK4/MKM costume) No responses so far but I hope that some people take notice. I hope my plan works. I know overseas collectors just love figures and statues that come with some kind of conversion set.

Storm just updated their Fb page

Not much to go on here since the pics aren't great.

3bd4c6ac92b0b0a75e03dac2d4deecfb.jpg

08c60865c125f1924ad1dc5cbd3abfda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow///i love the street fighter and goro.....i have sub and scorpy mezco so dont think i going to need another ..=DD
my biggest concern is how retardant this company deliver the finish product ...

Yeah that's my concern too. They look like the type of figures that the final version will be way more flimsy and spotty.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back