Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bro, you live in Korea or are you visiting?

I'm just glad we're getting some nice classic designs, I don't dislike the MKX designs but can't beat the classics.

Now would it be too much to ask for a classic Doomguy? :lol

Thanks bro, you live in Korea or are you visiting?

I'm just glad we're getting some nice classic designs, I don't dislike the MKX designs but can't beat the classics.

Now would it be too much to ask for a classic Doomguy? :lol

Nah I wish I was in Korea right now to attend the toy show. Im based in HK, and I already knew about this license since the Toy Soul fair last dec. They had a small poster hidden behind their booth. No one seemed to even mention it, but I asked them and they were kind to drop some hints to me.

I met the guys face to face and had a chat and drink with them at their office. I gathered some input across a few threads in here and presented those to them. Just trying to let them know about what the fans think etc etc.

They really dig the classic look of MK. Nothing wrong with the latest games, but they grew up with the originals, so they want to do these.
Hopefully since they revealed these to the public for the first time, they are willing to talk more about them. Hence Id like to hear more feedback before I see them.

Things like how far in the game series does their klassic range consists of? Whos next? or would their be a bundle set etc? extra sculpts or variations. etc

They sound like cool dudes if they invited you to get drinks with them :lol

Awesome, will you be posting the info here or do you have a website or something?

Seems like the weakest figure is their Bruce Lee, people don't seem to like that one, but they're praising everything else.

Well since you're trying to gather input, I have another question if you want to add it, what kind of articulation can we expect? American style or import style? If that makes any sense :lol what range of poseability can we expect?.

They sound like cool dudes if they invited you to get drinks with them :lol

Awesome, will you be posting the info here or do you have a website or something?

Seems like the weakest figure is their Bruce Lee, people don't seem to like that one, but they're praising everything else.

Well since you're trying to gather input, I have another question if you want to add it, what kind of articulation can we expect? American style or import style? If that makes any sense :lol what range of poseability can we expect?.

They are cool guys, then again I was a big customer to them on the day. lol
I will post directly here if I have any info.
Glad you noticed that as well. It seems that way, Id like to know more about this and how to help things turn around in the best way possible.
I think ppl have slowly accepted how hogan turned out. Not many wanted this hogan and prefered a much younger ver which they all still do. However many are willing to improve this figure in the chance of more down the line. Im not too worried with Tyson, since that figure is already up there quality wise.
As for the new stuff, MK seems to have a nice following. Your concern about articulations was brought up earlier, so Im sure this will be a top question for them. I wouldnt say Bruce is a bad idea at 1/12, it just needs a lot more fine tuning and accuracy and again, is it a statue or a action figure we dont know yet.

I'm curious though as I don't see any cloth material on them. They look like 12" figures from Neca or something. Not a deal-breaker, just curious.

I'm curious though as I don't see any cloth material on them. They look like 12" figures from Neca or something. Not a deal-breaker, just curious.

These are def. 1/12 scaled 6 inch figures but I see what you mean by similar resemblance.

These are sick. PO up anywhere?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not yet, these are only prototypes and just shown at the Seoul toy show. It will be a long time before preorders will come up.

I'm wondering about that too, are these gonna be sold directly at their website? Or will distributors be distributin'?

Yeah, this is kind of the questions Id like to ask them too. Could they be using the same route just like their own 1/6 figures.

That Goro is amazing.

My fav of the bunch:p

Update from Storm guys on FB

For the Mortal Kombat fans, after we posted some images yesterday, we received many feedbacks and enquires, we wanna clarify that the three prototypes that are showcasing now are only 50% done.
Here are some closer look!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/stormcollectibles/photos/pcb.921135411258826/921135201258847/?type=1

The other photos are just the same from different angle, the two below are new shots.

11796281_921135231258844_7336678519906953941_n.jpg
10985305_921135251258842_188127523062768799_n.jpg

Back