Storm Collectibles Bruce Lee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the skin tones match, I'm still down for the Series 2 figure, and pop the non-bearded Arnie sculpt on it.

But they listed some bull crap, saying its limited to 200 figures in HK. Will see how it goes... I'm not going above and beyond for it - retail price or bust.

not heard anything yet.i'm not getting as I don't want/need a 1/12 BL.if storm are going to release V2 which looks more like dragon lee than bruce,it seriously needs a far slimmer torso,which means arnie has no imput on that.the head however IMO is a rejigged version of arnies V1,i would have loved to have seen the 1/6 BL that arnie/storm would have delivered,but no chance of that now.shame really as we have not had a decent 1/6 BL for quite a few years.(EB don't care anymore)and I think Shannon should rethink about who gets licence for her dad's image(i'm a bit disappointed with Shannon)but that's just coming from a very long admirer of BL who's been my hero for several decades.

not heard anything yet.i'm not getting as I don't want/need a 1/12 BL.if storm are going to release V2 which looks more like dragon lee than bruce,it seriously needs a far slimmer torso,which means arnie has no imput on that.the head however IMO is a rejigged version of arnies V1,i would have loved to have seen the 1/6 BL that arnie/storm would have delivered,but no chance of that now.shame really as we have not had a decent 1/6 BL for quite a few years.(EB don't care anymore)and I think Shannon should rethink about who gets licence for her dad's image(i'm a bit disappointed with Shannon)but that's just coming from a very long admirer of BL who's been my hero for several decades.
I agree with you. Hot Toys did an excellent job on the first one. Likeness was not amazing but it was good enough. A second one from them will probably be a lot better. They should be the ones with the license. Enterbay is doing nothing or at least nothing good with it.

We'll see what ends up happening at Storm. It really does not matter if Arnie is the one doing it or not. Storm has great sculptors if their Tyson, Rodman, Hogan, Tony Jaa are anything to go by.

Finally got around to open up my series 1 figure yesterday.

Its quite decent. The paint tones aren't anything to go crazy over, but for the scale its good enough.

My only minor complaint is that for the bearded sculpt, my figure's right eye seems to look to the right a tad too much (un-symmetrically compared to the left). However, some pictures from other posters seem to have a similar issue.

Still looks good, just need to display him in a certain angle to hide it.

Finally got around to open up my series 1 figure yesterday.

Its quite decent. The paint tones aren't anything to go crazy over, but for the scale its good enough.

My only minor complaint is that for the bearded sculpt, my figure's right eye seems to look to the right a tad too much (un-symmetrically compared to the left). However, some pictures from other posters seem to have a similar issue.

Still looks good, just need to display him in a certain angle to hide it.

Well ....I'm out.
Thanks for the review :)

For some reason the picture I am posting here seems to not appear. Can you guys see this picture ?

13641028_10157176876410581_7705658028589353534_o.jpg

yes mate.it's showing fine.i must say haven't storms sculptors improved so much since their proto for V1:lol:wink1:
the nearest thing on the proto to be correct is the ''lat spread''.that was huge in WOTD.

For some reason the picture I am posting here seems to not appear. Can you guys see this picture ?

13641028_10157176876410581_7705658028589353534_o.jpg

I can see the pic but I still don't see the problem and relationship to Kim's work.
I can tell Thought that the new sculpt looks bad and I'm not going to buy.

Arnie Kim has just posted another statement with these illustrated pictures to prove his point that Storm Collectibles has used his original head sculpt work and done some modifications to it to create the "new" head sculpt to their new "Bruce Lee No. 2" figure release:

To all my beloved loyal fans!

Since at a very young age, I have been a huge Bruce Lee fan as he's had a profound influence on my life. In the past 25 years, I have dedicated my life creating artworks in various forms of my hero Bruce Lee. I have been painstakingly creating my sculptures and figures utilizing countless hours of my time doing research and development with the utmost dedication.

Unfortunately in the past decade, I have seen many unauthorized copies, modified versions and recasts of my sculptures and figures sold in online stores and black markets all over the world.

Storm Collectibles recently announced the release of "1/12 Bruce Lee The Martial Artist Series no. 2". After my previous post on Facebook claiming Storm Collectibles had modified my original head-sculpt without my consent nor authorization. Storm Collectibles still have not fully explained to the public nor to me privately regarding their true reasons for modifying my original sculpt-work for their latest 1/12 Bruce Lee series no. 2 product release.

I have made personal attempts to reach Storm Collectibles privately, hoping they would resolve this issue by explaining to me their honest reasons why they had modified my original 1/12 Bruce Lee head-sculpt without my knowledge (I am disputing the head-sculpt not the body-sculpt). Storm Collectibles kept insisting their "1/12 Bruce Lee The Martial Artist Series no. 2". was 100% designed and sculpted by their in-house team, which is a total dishonest claim. So for those reasons I have decided to open this case to the public and to my loyal fans by showing these side by side comparison photos.

My intention here is not to damage Storm Collectibles' reputation, but to clarify the truth to the public, and to demonstrate to you all the facts are being shown here. I know it is difficult for Storm Collectibles to admit their mistakes, but It is also a very difficult situation personally for me as an independent artist, who needs to earn a living and take credit for my artwork done through many sessions of dedicated hard work.
I shall leave the judgements to all my fans after showing these comparison photos. I shall observe the situation and see how Storm Collectibles will respond regarding their action.

From now on, I will not tolerate this type of behavior by any company nor would I consider any future collaboration with Storm Collectibles. I sincerely hope Storm Collectibles will try to resolve this unfortunate situation amicably and keep growing as a legitimate merchandizing company.
As the chief creator and an independent artist, I will keep doing my very best and try to make an impact by promoting products under the brand Arnie Kim Studio.

I would like to thank all my loyal fans for their ongoing support!

Thank you!

Arnie Kim
CEO of Arnie Kim Studio

13729140_10209481998394448_5157821000420743310_n.jpg

13731671_10209481998594453_2996893708621794470_n.jpg

13769490_10209481998954462_4443873281833276989_n.jpg

13707701_10209481999194468_6087391639407615142_n.jpg

F-U Storm Collectibles. By screwing Arnie Kim, you just digged yourself a hole to burry your company under because my fellow collectors and I won't support company with $h!tty work ethics like your company.

F-U Storm Collectibles. By screwing Arnie Kim, you just digged yourself a hole to burry your company under because my fellow collectors and I won't support company with $h!tty work ethics like your company.

Arnie Kim appreciate all the support he gets. Thank you to you all !

By the way, I have just checked Storm Collectibles' Facebook wall. They have recently deleted their own statement they made about Arnie Kim's accusations, and now I see that they have also deleted all the negative comments they gotten on their Facebook wall.

The best hope for a 1:6 Bruce Lee figure sculpted b Arnie is the one produced by his own brand Arnie Kim Studio. I think this fiasco with $h1t Storm Collectibles is the last straw for Arnie.

Back