Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The less comes out of this "movie" the better.

200.gif

This movie man. I watched the trailer at the end of May. I LOVED it. I had kicked around the idea of reading the books for years. It finally pushed me into it. Here it is early July and I have about 400 pages left of the final book (I believe you can skip WTTK, but DO NOT skip WG, it adds so much depth to Roland). I avoided the trailer at all costs just in case it spoiled the book. I saw Homecoming tonight and they played the trailer for Dark Tower. And wow. I'm totally let down. Honestly I don't know what to make of it. I read it was a sequel to the series but it almost looks like a hodgepodge alteration. What exactly is it trying to be? Other that most likely a let down to the DT readers.

In the end, even if it blows, it got me to read the series and I'm very thankful for that. One of the best series I've ever read....even with some of the odd creative choices King took.

This movie man. I watched the trailer at the end of May. I LOVED it. I had kicked around the idea of reading the books for years. It finally pushed me into it. Here it is early July and I have about 400 pages left of the final book (I believe you can skip WTTK, but DO NOT skip WG, it adds so much depth to Roland). I avoided the trailer at all costs just in case it spoiled the book. I saw Homecoming tonight and they played the trailer for Dark Tower. And wow. I'm totally let down. Honestly I don't know what to make of it. I read it was a sequel to the series but it almost looks like a hodgepodge alteration. What exactly is it trying to be? Other that most likely a let down to the DT readers.

In the end, even if it blows, it got me to read the series and I'm very thankful for that. One of the best series I've ever read....even with some of the odd creative choices King took.

Just keep reading...

Wise decision. Did you read The Wind Through the Keyhole after Wizard and Glass, or are you doing that now?

Yeah, I read WTTK immediately after W&G. Just need to get through dark tower now. Been struggling though with Song of Susannah and this one. Everything prior I just burned through, even W&G, but song and now tower just haven't gripped me like the others. Can't rightly say why.

Also saw the trailer on a big screen before Spidah-man.
It looked and sounded like generic tasteless crap.

I'm actually warming to this...
The fact that it's a sequel makes the entire thing easier to accept. If it were an actual "adaptation", I'd be very pissed off.

Ahhhhhh! So excited for this film but I have a feeling it's simply not going to do well and we won't get any additional movies in the future. I've so loved that this is a sequel story to the books too and so want to see it played through to the end. Oh well.

If the TV show happens that would be cool but I bet it will depend heavily on how the movie is received. Idris will surely only be in the series for small snippets, narrating the tale... Based on the book, he would be too old to play young Roland and that part would need to be recast. Having said that, the trailer for this movie indicates that this all only loosely based on the epic series anyway (he says shedding a tear) so it's anyone's guess how Sony will choose to handle it.

Back