Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this last night. It definitely contained everything I loved about the book's title.

Whoo boy. I have no clue what the hell I just watched, but it sure ad heck wasn't The Dark Tower. This thing was a mess. It was poorly paced, did a crap job of setting up it's own mythology, they made Jake the main character, and Roland didn't even appear until about a half hour in. The classic start of the series "The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed" doesn't appear at all. Heck, there was barely even any desert in the movie. It was mostly woods.
There was barely a single thing at all kept from the book series.

Man, what a train wreck.
Ok wow I've just gotten round to seeing this and you have summed it up very nicely. Everyone who was involved with this film, well yeh they have all gotten the face of their father. As I left the cinema I took the briefest of comforts in recalling that there are other versions of the dark tower than this!

Saw this last night. It definitely contained everything I loved about the book's title.

Whoo boy. I have no clue what the hell I just watched, but it sure ad heck wasn't The Dark Tower. This thing was a mess. It was poorly paced, did a crap job of setting up it's own mythology, they made Jake the main character, and Roland didn't even appear until about a half hour in. The classic start of the series "The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed" doesn't appear at all. Heck, there was barely even any desert in the movie. It was mostly woods.
There was barely a single thing at all kept from the book series.

Man, what a train wreck.

Actually they did use the first line of the book. I too was looking out for it and was expecting it smack dab at the beginning but from what I remember, it was spoken like 10 minutes in and by a woman if I recall. I think it was just after you meet Roland and Steven. Which is funny because Walter just casually walks away instead of fleeing.

Doesn't change the fact this film was still ****.

Sorry for the necro-posting, but I just came across this on cable, and I really wasn't prepared for just how awful it is...
There was not a single thing I liked about this movie. Didn't anybody involved in this read the books or actually understand the characters? Roland was off, Jake was off, The Man in Black was off... I just cannot understand how they could get it so wrong.
Amazing, actually.
I couldn't even finish the damn thing.

I think they spent so much money developing the property that they finally decided just to put something out and generate some $$$. This was definitely not the franchise-builder they were originally aiming for.

Back