Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't look bad, but it looks like the exact same movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for looking like a professional film with high production values that actually looks creepy, yeah it kind of looks like the same movie.

Re: IT 2017

I don't know...the original is going to be tough to beat
Pfff... :lol
All those mini series' are terrible. Tho VERY entertaining to watch because of how bad they are. "The Langoliers" were the ****iest but had Dean Stockwell as Shatner and Bronson Pinchot as a cartoon... hilarious stuff!

Overall it's a generic modern horror trailer...
But for some reason I really like it!
Definitely watch.

It doesn't look bad, but it looks like the exact same movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's almost like they're based on the same book.

giphy.gif

Realt great looking trailer, and one of my most anticipated movies this year. Was hesitant at first, but I've really come round to the look of Pennywise in this update. Hoping we see some cool collectibles from this movie.

I just re-read the book about a month ago, and I too was wondering what they were going to do about those two scenes.
They are basically impossible to film, but you could just imply what's going to happen.

While I find them a bit disturbing, I don't see them as the product of a sick or depraved mind.
Whatever, they were never going to get filmed, and I didn't want to see them anyway, but it does make me curious as to how the kids get their magical connection back.

Considering how much needs to get simplified for any adaptation I don't think it's a problem to just leave it out. They never need that moment because they just manage to find their way out. Doesn't detract from the overall story IMO.

Well.......I was doubting this....because I cannot see PennyWise as anyone but Curry....

But ......this looks like it might be good....gave me the feel of the old school, real scares monster movie...

They could skip the end entirely and it would be a better story. It was such a bit let down.

I think it depends on how its done...in the book its more like IT manifests itself as just another terror.....in the form of a spider-like thing....so if done right...it could be terrifying as well.

external

I hope so, because as terrifying as Pennywise was it was negated, at least for me, to discover what it really was. The book was a let down. I have to admit that most of King's writing never leaves me satisfied. He builds an intriguing story that ends in a WTF moment. I enjoyed the journey of The Stand, but ended so eh. The Mist ends fantastic, but that was not what was in the book.

I like what I see in the trailer. Hope it ends well.

King is known for the let down ending...although he latest books have been alot better with this. I attribute his 80's and 90's ending to his alcohol issues.....

I think king has said there are some years he cant remember. Or interviews he doesnt remember ever giving or stuff like that lol.

I think it depends on how its done...in the book its more like IT manifests itself as just another terror.....in the form of a spider-like thing....so if done right...it could be terrifying as well.

external

Is he gonna turn into a spider in this movie? That **** was so creepy in the other one.

I liked the ending, and I do think the controversial scenes in the book add meaning to the whole thing.
It is an integral part of the story that as you loose your innocence, you loose the ability to cope with certain things. So they'd better come up with something good.

Back