Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woooow , I made this thread in 2014!!! finally its happening.

I think this movie is going to be good . So they're this movie is all about when the lucky 7 were kids . If the movie does well , then a part 2 will be made finishing the story with the lucky 7 as adults.

I think the success of this film will very much depend on how much chemistry the kids have. People are comparing it to Stranger things ( one of the very actors from ST is in this ) and if it manages to make us care for the characters, it will be all the more scary.

After showing my kids the trailer for this yesterday, they wanted to watch the original. We started it last night. Curry is still fantastic in it. The library scene with Richie is the best. I just still dislike everything with the adults in this series. I really hope that part 2 does a better job with that.

This is one King book I haven't gotten around to reading yet. I liked the original mini series OK. Curry was amazing. Trailer here looks pretty mediocre IMO. Probably won't bother with it unless the reviews are extremely positive.

The problem with the mini series is it was a mini series....they used mostly second rate actors.......gutted the parts of the book that were conversational and this......

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't even hate
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't find the ending disappointing in the book at all.

Well, Kara, jumpon the book. The original mini series, especially part 2, was crap in comparison to the masterpiece this book is!
I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan, so it is just a matter of time. Beyond the Shining (which frankly exceeds the book), I haven't seen any adaptation that even comes close to the source material.

I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan, so it is just a matter of time. Beyond the Shining (which frankly exceeds the book), I haven't seen any adaptation that even comes close to the source material.

I agree 100%. I expected a lot from The Mist and was ultimately disappointed. I think that It and The Stand are King's best books and I couldn't even get through the Stand adaptation so much it looked bad in comparison with the original material.

Yeah, I saw the Stand only last year I think, after finally reading the book. And of course, there was no contest. Though I thought the guy playing Flagg was really damn good. Not sure if McConaughey can do as good a job.

Back