STEAM - General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god no, that controller wouldn't work at all. You have no reference for how far you are moving your thumbs on those track pads, and the ABXY buttons are arranged in a way that most games will be impossible to play. It also doesn't looks very comfortable with the handles raised on the top and your thumbs having to dip down to reach the controls.

Reading comments from IGN, CVG etc a lot of PC Gamers seem to be really excited about this controller were the console gamers seem to hate it. I'm not sure what to think but I'm definitely interested in trying it out

I'm not sure why that would be, it's not a very good replacement for a mouse. Games that work really well with a controller would not work well with this, like for instance, what if you are playing a fighting game and want to use the attack (X) button while moving? You're screwed, or what if you are playing a game that requires a D-pad, like many games use for inventory.

^ :lol

I think this controller is meant for something like a shooter(like every Valve game)... it's obviously not meant for fighters and it's not meant to replace mouse and keyboard.

I think this is the alternative for PC gamers that are tired of the lack of precision with what's currently available... that's been a big thing in the PC gaming community for ages.

That [O+O] is pretty clever now that I see the controller.

Side note, has anybody ever gotten a 'booster pack' of cards from gameplay? I've invested a ton of time into Borderlands 2 and not gotten any extra cards, so I'm just curious if it actually works or not.

Not sure what happened but it seems I got a free copy of Batman Arkham City GOTY edition. I already own the standard version and I downloaded the old Arkham demo tonight. After it downloaded I noticed the GOTY edition of city was available in my library. Not sure of the demo download had anything to do with it. Owners of the normal version of city should look themselves. I think they may not carry the normal version anymore so they upgraded all of us?

Sure enough

https://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3192389.

Since Games for Windows Live is going away/gone, Steam is revamping a bunch of old GFWL titles. Looks like they revamped this one and gave owners the upgrade. I have AA and AC with the DLC and now both GOTY versions are in my library. Seems as though there's an issue with activation keys though.

They did something similar with Bioshock 2 about two weeks ago.

First pictures of the Steam box prototype. :)

Steam-Machines-1.jpg

Steam-Machines-2.jpg

New Steam Machine to rival Xbox One price
iBuyPower's 500GB living-room PC costs $499, carries an AMD Radeon R9 270 and Steam Controller

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/440323/new-steam-machine-to-rival-xbox-one-price/

y5e8usy5.jpg

Nice, but I don't like the part where it says that it won't support every Steam game that's available. I have about 90 or so games on Steam, and I'm not gonna drop that kind of money when I can't play most of the games in my existing library.

Nice, but I don't like the part where it says that it won't support every Steam game that's available. I have about 90 or so games on Steam, and I'm not gonna drop that kind of money when I can't play most of the games in my existing library.

Yeah I wasn't to sure on that bit but I'm definitely interested in getting one. I've been really interested in PC gaming for a long time now & something like this could be a good start for me.

Hopefully windows will be on some of the more expensive Steam Machines so we can get the whole library but I'm not sure if that's the plan

STEAM has a thing called Big Picture that includes all games with controller support. These would be the games that are compatible.

Details here:

https://store.steampowered.com/bigpicture/

STEAM has a thing called Big Picture that includes all games with controller support. These would be the games that are compatible.

Details here:

https://store.steampowered.com/bigpicture/

Gotcha. I must've missed that part, but I do play a lot of the games on the Big Picture. I love hooking my laptop up to the 50" and surround sound. Metro Last Light looks awesome on that.

Back