Statue Enterbay Black Label Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if I don't get a reply before Friday, then that's what I'm going to do. Don't worry, I'm on it :D

I'd prefer removable feet Chris, but I guess it would have been a bonus if EB include that. But the glasses, watch & bracelet, I think, should have been included though. I mean they did use this pic to tease the product.

bruce-lee-photo.jpg

Yeah I think that was the biggest disappointment for me.
I love that pic and always wanted a figure of it. Bill used this pic to tease the product and the statue is obviously based on it. The jeans and belt are the same.....even if the sculpt needs to pull double duty as a 3rd GoD sculpt, why not included the sunglasses and watch as little extras?

They'd be dirt cheap to make, keep people happy ...and a 2 second mod on HT's casual glasses confirms that the sculpt as it stands can easily hold glasses on its face. Done it myself and it adds so much.

Bill's decision making here seemed a little strange to me....

And I don't need to personally complain, because my statue came perfect, but I do feel others pain. When this was specifically marketed as each statue being individually taken care of to ensure a higher quality, the tolerance of errors on Enterbay's part should have been a flat zero.

I think we have covered this before, but I am not sure, so sorry for writing this post if it has.

This is just for an observation from me.

Bruce wore the these particular jeans and belt on more than one memorable occasion. I am not sure if it is the same day, but he wore this when he visited the set of his childhood friend and co-star (both as a kid and as an adult) Unicorn Chan when he was secretly filmed (and later exploited with this footage and photos from that day), plus in some shots outside his 41 Cumberland Road home. This particular photo was taken at the Golden Harvest studio. Also notice that it is not the same sun glasses that he used to wear allot which HT (correctly) made for the casual smiling face release.

I think it is a very good thing that Bill did make the JKD Yin/Yang neckless that some of you have wanted for some time now, which I think was a very important detail added, and maybe he felt that the sunglasses, watch and bracelet (with the problems with black markings) was not that important, plus it would help with keeping the production costs and the price down. (just a wild guess on my part by the way...)

They edited the "secretly filmed" footage of Bruce at the set into the movie - and "made" it part of the story. This was of course done without Bruce's approval or even knowing about it. They also used the photos of Bruce and Unicorn in the lobby cards and posters of that film.

I think we have covered this before, but I am not sure, so sorry for writing this post if it has.

This is just for an observation from me.

Bruce wore the these particular jeans and belt on more than one memorable occasion. I am not sure if it is the same day, but he wore this when he visited the set of his childhood friend and co-star (both as a kid and as an adult) Unicorn Chan when he was secretly filmed (and later exploited with this footage and photos from that day), plus in some shots outside his 41 Cumberland Road home. This particular photo was taken at the Golden Harvest studio. Also notice that it is not the same sun glasses that he used to wear allot which HT (correctly) made for the casual smiling face release.

I think it is a very good thing that Bill did make the JKD Yin/Yang neckless that some of you have wanted for some time now, which I think was a very important detail added, and maybe he felt that the sunglasses, watch and bracelet (with the problems with black markings) was not that important, plus it would help with keeping the production costs and the price down. (just a wild guess on my part by the way...)

yeah ....except Bill himself used that shot to build hype, so it isn't unreasonable for us to expect that it would look like that.

And cost wise, we are talking about two tiny pieces of plastic. How much would that have cost really? $0.50? $1? We're talking something very minor...with close to zero R&D involved.

I'm very happy I finally got the JKD necklace though.

I think the prototype body (obviously originally made for the GoD3) was at least partly based on this shot as well, given the similar positioning of the arms and especially the hands.

My BL knowledge is so limited compared to you :slap What movie is this?

Bruce was on the set of the movie while it was being filmed as an observer, did some choreographey and to say hi to his friend.

Its pointless footage but he was such a mega star the studio decided to illegally (even for Hong Kong cinema LOL) edit the footage of him into the movie and then had the gall to market and release it as a Bruce Lee movie :rotfl

Its called Fist of Unicorn.

Bruce was on the set of the movie while it was being filmed as an observer, did some choreographey and to say hi to his friend.

Its pointless footage but he was such a mega star the studio decided to illegally (even for Hong Kong cinema LOL) edit the footage of him into the movie and then had the gall to market and release it as a Bruce Lee movie :rotfl

Its called "Fist of Unicorn."

:exactly: :goodpost:

How ever, the footage and photos are really awesome as Bruce looks really great there - beautiful physique - so in a way I am grateful that they filmed min in a more "personal" setting and it is historical footage for us Bruce Lee fans. There is also film footage of Bruce, Unicorn and the cast at the press conference in which Bruce (in a red shirt) helped his friend promote his movie after its completion.

I tried to find a clip on YouTube with on the the Bruce Lee footage, but the "best" I found was the 4 mins. trailer... You see Bruce in the beginning choreographing, but it is not easy to spot him as he has his back turned, and posing with Unicorn - 00:09-00:21. There is more footage, in which you see a young kid and Bruce puts his arms around him and hugs him.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJIgHFYQC9c[/ame]

FistOfUnicornScreenCaps.jpg

37228_10150194393120581_3709647_n.jpg

FistOfUnicorn_GoldenSwallow_SC36.jpg

Notice the jeans, belt and shoes :)

Q how do i make money on a totaly useless film?
A stick bruce lee's name on it,with some footage he has no knowledge about.
things were never the same between them afterwards.no wonder bruce stated that he didnt know who his friends were later in his life.

Hairy armpit scene & flying unicorn palms in tits caressing motion?.....priceless....always... :medic :rotfl

Thanks for sharing GF~

My pleasure Aeumuse :)

37228_10150194393120581_3709647_n.jpg

Notice the jeans, belt and shoes :)
That's a cool pic. Can kinda imagine the 'Black Label' statue to be from a movie now :D

This would have actually been a dynamic and awesome statue !

https://cardiff.academia.edu/PaulBo...ce_Lee_Film_-_Fantasy_-_Fighting_-_Philosophy

This is a great book for those that are interested.
Can read online for free or easily get an account here and download.

Cool ! Thanx for the link SAB.

not bad..needs a little more blood on the mouth i think.would look good on my GOD.shame i wont be getting one..ebay recasts in the future no doubt ;)

GungFu,
Just chiming in to say awesome signature. :yess: :hi5:

Hehe... Thank you Centurion :hi5:

For those getting their BD head, pics from ebay.

not bad..needs a little more blood on the mouth i think.would look good on my GOD.shame i wont be getting one..ebay recasts in the future no doubt ;)

Nice find ! Are you sure that this is the actual 3rd. head, and not a copy or a custom of the Black Lable statue ? Would you mind posting the URL ? :)

Back