State of the Star Wars Sideshow backlash?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait until Sideshow does armored Vader. The Star Wars section will self destruct with all the Medicom vs. Sideshow Vader comparison threads.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

....and that will be the time to take a vacation from this place. Seriously, if the PF Boba Fett was the figure that launched a thousand threads...vader will launch many more....all headache-inducing.

....and that will be the time to take a vacation from this place. Seriously, if the PF Boba Fett was the figure that launched a thousand threads...vader will launch many more....all headache-inducing.

Wait tell the Hot Toys engineered and produced Sideshow Boba Fett knock's him from his fanboy perch. :monkey5

While we're on the topic of points of view. What's the deal with all the Medi-vs Sideshow hostility? i spen some time reading the medi-world forums last night, and jesus christ, it's Like I was at an Emo, or i'm so goth I crap bats convention with all the whining.

I mean the only reason I'm not getting the medi SW stuffs is... well, the scale is off with what i've already got, and i don't want to put Fett, or a clone on stilts to make them the right height. I promise i'm not trying to start a fight, just wondering what the deal is with that. and please, don't use the lame " I know a better figure when i see one" BS answer that I see rehashed all the time. It's a serious question, what's the deal with the Feud?

While we're on the topic of points of view. What's the deal with all the Medi-vs Sideshow hostility? i spen some time reading the medi-world forums last night, and jesus christ, it's Like I was at an Emo, or i'm so goth I crap bats convention with all the whining.

I mean the only reason I'm not getting the medi SW stuffs is... well, the scale is off with what i've already got, and i don't want to put Fett, or a clone on stilts to make them the right height. I promise i'm not trying to start a fight, just wondering what the deal is with that. and please, don't use the lame " I know a better figure when i see one" BS answer that I see rehashed all the time. It's a serious question, what's the deal with the Feud?

Immaturity. People on both sides like to think their company is the best. They take things personally and can't have a discussion without it turning into petty bickering. It's no fun and it wrecks threads.

If you call truthful opinions whining then maybe you should re-evaluate your definition of what whining is.

Just because opinions at MW are welcomed without flame wars, doesnt make it whining. If someone doesnt love Sideshow as much as you do, is that whining?

If you dont like medicom what in the world are you doing at a medicom oriented forum?

I'll say it publically, the medicom luke sculpt sucks, and the spiderman 3 figures turned out less than spectacular. Yet I can say the same for a handful of Sideshow figures as well. A lot of you people only see what you want to see, which is people talking bad about sideshow, then you get all offended and riled up. but you fail to realize that majority of members that I know at MW give each figure it's praise and critiques as they are deserved. if a figure sucks it sucks, no need to blow sunshine up anyones ass by trying to make it look good.

Ive noticed some people here only critique the company rather than the individual products. For example, you go to a convention and meet Dusty or the other Sideshow employees, so now when a sub-par figure is released, you feel the need to cheer on your "friends" in the company rather than an honest on-point critique of something.

I don't need friends at sideshow, and I dont need friends at Medicom. I just buy what I like, and that's it, ive never been one to kiss anyones ass , ever. Everything I have in life, I earned by myself.

Last edited:
Back