Starz's Black Sails

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great show, love watching it, but seems lots of stuff happening this season with not much happening if that makes sense.

I dunno, I think the loss of Nassau to Woods Roger's is pretty damn big in the grand scheme with lots of little things going on.

since they killed off (HUNG) my favorite character and reason I continued to even watch this series last week.I decided I'M done with this series which I have watched from the beginning.It seems to be the new cool thing to do in these STARS/AMC/HBO series now.
But I caved tonight to watch the season finally since it was one episode.Just to see where it is going.And to sum it up,Billy has now begun the Dawning of Long John Silver.We knew this was coming from season one and it's too bad because I also knew it would be the series downfall for me.Silver is at most a likable character,but he'll never be Charles Vane,James Flint or even Edward Teach.
I was indeed very happy to finally see Benjamin Hornigold get his due Tonight.
Anyway it's always a short season in this series 9 episodes.And then it takes a year for it to start up again.Big production.But I'M done.. don't have to wait for next season.Hope everyone who watches enjoys it.I can now get ready for Orphan Black and The Brink.

Just binged this show over the last few weeks. Amazing show!

To be honest I tried watching it a few times, but I couldn't get past the 3rd episode, it just felt very "British" and dry. A buddy of mine recommended I stick with it, he wasn't joking. The reveal about Flint blew my mind, as it all made sense, plus John Silver's speech in the tavern, I think rivals Heisenberg's "Say my name" moment for the most badass pronouncement of one's badassery.

I've always been enamored with pirates and this show has been right up my alley. As long as you can get past the first 6 episodes, it's a great payoff.

Agree it's really been a good series.Vane was my favorite character and pretty much why I stayed with it for 3 seasons.So now I'M not too keen on the show for doing him in.Took me awhile to like Silver but he really became a different person this last season.Flint has of course been the most interesting and a lot was revealed about him this season.So I may have to try and ride it out without my favorite Pirate.See how the first episode in 4 goes.

Sad to hear, but at least it's a planned conclusion and not a last minute axing.
I'd love them to follow this up with an actual adaptation of Treasure Island.

So, is anybody watching this? I binged all the episodes this week, and I'm loving it! I'm bummed this is the final season but at least it's not gonna be dragged on for ages and without purpose. I guess a planned ending is better in that regard.

I started watching it just some weeks ago, unintentionally timed quite well with season 4.

It's very good, another quality show from Starz. They've made a habit of this.

Vane is gone and It's John Silver's time now.I actually started to finally like him in season 3 but he's too damn milk toast.Tries to be shady and like he knows it all, but it's not working for me.Even though we knew that is what this series would be about from the beginning I'M glad the series is ending.

Too bad about Teach.

Have to say Anne Bonny is and always has been,one bad @ss Pirate babe.She knew it was going to be up to her.She watched as her mates were being killed one by one and studied her foes and made a plan.She saved Rackham and the rest of the crew.

Don't like the deal Flint made with Eleanor but will have to see how it goes next episode.

Last edited:
only good thing about last nights episode was Rackham's return at the end and what he told Flint after he found out Flint was planning on giving up the Treasure to Eleanor for the Island.

Billy should have been gutted.

Anyway fast forward to the Finale,Please.

Fast forward? Already feels like it is with major stuff happening in every episode.

Just got done watching the latest one with 2 pretty significant confirmed deaths. And the Max/Rackham scenes were absolute gold.

Back