Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The overall favour of how this turned out goes back and forth so quickly I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. I see pics like Mr. Zero 's where Yoda's got one eye looking at me and the other looking for me. It looks like a flat painted cartoon character I'd expect to see welcoming me to Toys R Us. And it seems he would back up that impression. Then more pics turn up like mattman and pascaltf's and it looks great again. The scuplt looks right on. The paint has depth and texture. The eyes look fine and they love it. And the rest of the forum is split this way too.

As for what it feels like do any of you own or have seen in person Sideshow's 1:1 busts? I don't own but I have seen and touched them in person. Maybe my memory doesn't serve correctly but I got the sense that those too were made of a type of pvc or some other flexible type material other than polystone for the head. The eyes on those were also painted on which looked okay from a step back but up close felt a little dead. Anyway, to me the pictures of the eyes on this one are way better than what I remember seeing on anything else lifesize from Sideshow. Forgetting about the price for a minute (I know that's hard to do) but has Sideshow ever used glass eyes on a 1:1 piece?

Here's another pic of his head.

image.jpg

I think in regular lighting it looks decent. I'm think my issue is the sculpt and how stylized it looks. It isn't quite ESB Yoda to me. For the price point I would expect more in terms of innovation.

25.jpg

Really great pics mattman and pascaltf! :rock Your pics show the subtleties of the paint, hair, and sculpt.

I really like this piece, but I I'd need it to be in the $1,600-$1,800 mark for me to give it a go. Not that it isn't worth more, but that's all I could or would want to allocate to this guy. I wouldn't mind having him in the collection someday though.

BEST photos so far (although, I must admit, the color is too over saturated for me :)

But here you can see the proportions perfectly without any lens distortion, etc.

Great job!

I'd buy it - but 2.5K is far beyond my acceptance for something like this. 1500, and I would have been all over it.

Sorry to see that you were unhappy with your Yoda, Mr. Zero. Got mine the other day and I love it. Maybe you're just miffed about the wonky eye on yours (which is totally not cool and should be replaced no problem), but I think it's unfair and inaccurate to say that Yoda feels and looks cheap in person.

The head and body are made of a very firm, but slightly flexible (rubber?) material that feels and looks great IMHO, and better than if they went with polystone because it gives off a more natural, organic look that polystone wouldn't be able to achieve. Sure Yoda is lighter than the base, but he definitely has some weight to him, and with the figure on the base, the thing's very heavy. Would've loved glass eyes on him, but the eyes they went with look really good, with a nice, even glossiness to it. You'd have to be a couple inches from your face to tell that they're decals.

I was worried by some of the pics that I wouldn't be happy with the paint on Yoda, but for a factory paint job it's pretty good, with some subtle blending of different shades. I think the base is painted pretty well with a few different shades of browns and greens. Sure the base paint is muted, but I think it accurately represents the murky, muddy atmosphere of Dagobah. The hair is also laid very nicely. As for the clothing, the material is really great and Sideshow did an excellent job on weathering and aging the robe.

Overall, I'm really, really happy with it. Sure, if someone tackles a repaint and puts some glass eyes in there, it could look even better. But I don't think it is at all necessary, because as it is, it is a really excellent piece to add to your collection.

16798701046_b415253472_b.jpg

16617282407_3e1575c32a_b.jpg

16824576515_49e1cb61f8_b.jpg

16638466309_cee5bb5ed1_b.jpg

16823473452_bfb91ceb85_b.jpg

16204657083_0b7542ac83_b.jpg

16637006698_9e3d879c18_b.jpg

16202220284_9346fc84b0_b.jpg

16637241990_09fc454456_b.jpg

16638516449_7d5dfb9ed0_b.jpg

I received this a week ago only to find out my camera is broken. Nobody needs or wants crappy iPhone pics so i did not bother.

I have noticed those that have ordered him seem to be pleased and those that havent only talk about him being over priced. Then we have another who takes every opportunity to come in and declare that this is not the best Yoda money can buy. Since when did that become the basis of discussion.? I don't recall seeing the superman thread overrun with proclamations that its not the best Superman statue ever made therefore its not worth owning.

There is very weird discussion around this piece that I haven't really seen before. I will say it's fantastic and pics don't begin to do it justice.

The overall favour of how this turned out goes back and forth so quickly I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. I see pics like Mr. Zero 's where Yoda's got one eye looking at me and the other looking for me. It looks like a flat painted cartoon character I'd expect to see welcoming me to Toys R Us. And it seems he would back up that impression. Then more pics turn up like mattman and pascaltf's and it looks great again. The scuplt looks right on. The paint has depth and texture. The eyes look fine and they love it. And the rest of the forum is split this way too.

As for what it feels like do any of you own or have seen in person Sideshow's 1:1 busts? I don't own but I have seen and touched them in person. Maybe my memory doesn't serve correctly but I got the sense that those too were made of a type of pvc or some other flexible type material other than polystone for the head. The eyes on those were also painted on which looked okay from a step back but up close felt a little dead. Anyway, to me the pictures of the eyes on this one are way better than what I remember seeing on anything else lifesize from Sideshow. Forgetting about the price for a minute (I know that's hard to do) but has Sideshow ever used glass eyes on a 1:1 piece?

As far as I know, pretty much all of Sideshow's 1:1 busts are polystone EXCEPT for their Yoda bust, which I owned and it had a similar feel to the life size figure (the bust was maybe a little more pliable). The eyes on this Yoda are WAY better than what they did with the bust. The only 1:1 busts of theirs that I can think of (there's probably more) that had glass eyes are the Arnold T-800 and Predator busts, but they were made in conjunction with Stan Winston Studios/ Legacy Effects so maybe that was a factor in what materials were used for the eyes.

Anyways, glad you guys like the pics!

Put Yoda's necklace through his flute thingy properly, so took a few more shots:

16641837400_221f3e247f_b.jpg

16641840160_4ba9fca7fb_b.jpg

16803348756_71a3fbb81a_b.jpg

finally some decent pics! thanks for the pics & feedback matam6886, he looks great in that pics. I tried to get the 20% coupon but no luck so far,, need to try again.

any pics next to PFs or busts? want to see how big he is next to the other statues.

I received this a week ago only to find out my camera is broken. Nobody needs or wants crappy iPhone pics so i did not bother.

I have noticed those that have ordered him seem to be pleased and those that havent only talk about him being over priced. Then we have another who takes every opportunity to come in and declare that this is not the best Yoda money can buy. Since when did that become the basis of discussion.? I don't recall seeing the superman thread overrun with proclamations that its not the best Superman statue ever made therefore its not worth owning.

There is very weird discussion around this piece that I haven't really seen before. I will say it's fantastic and pics don't begin to do it justice.

Good points. Personally, I like it, but having a collection worth over 40K of all shape as sizes, I simply cannot fathom the $2500 price tag - for it's size, materials, etc. Take for example the MR Falcon (back in the day) that was only $2100 (standard edition) and the amount of manufacturing time and effort to get that to market would have been monumental.

I think, because this is under the "life-size" banner, SSC have gotten a little too greedy.

As far as I know, pretty much all of Sideshow's 1:1 busts are polystone EXCEPT for their Yoda bust, which I owned and it had a similar feel to the life size figure (the bust was maybe a little more pliable). The eyes on this Yoda are WAY better than what they did with the bust. The only 1:1 busts of theirs that I can think of (there's probably more) that had glass eyes are the Arnold T-800 and Predator busts, but they were made in conjunction with Stan Winston Studios/ Legacy Effects so maybe that was a factor in what materials were used for the eyes.

Anyways, glad you guys like the pics!

Put Yoda's necklace through his flute thingy properly, so took a few more shots:

16641837400_221f3e247f_b.jpg

16641840160_4ba9fca7fb_b.jpg

16803348756_71a3fbb81a_b.jpg

SUPERB!!!!!

And finally someone notice the necklace thing was around the wrong way! Well done!!!

Just want to say thanks to the guys for taking the time to add all the photos. They look great and finally seem to do some fair justice this piece.

Is it just me who thinks Yoda looks quite huge if not to say a bit oversized next to the Vader bust?

Great pics mattman. I didn't realize he was 32" tall overall. Quite a big size. Pretty amazing. The more I look at your pics, the more I want him. I better get out of here for now :lol

I ended up going with a Cyberman yoda! After much thought and deliberation I wanted to go with something more screen accurate. It will be pose-able in the ears, mouth and arms. The price point after shipping is a couple hundred less than the Sideshow offering.

Back