Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those not knowing how Cyberman Yoda looks like, visit this page, this is the Yoda Phil and Gino made together (Version 2 IIRC) - EFX also used Gino's Yoda for their presentation.

Star Wars Propaganda - yoda - the empire strikes back

thumb3.jpg thumb10.jpg

That's Yoda alright. Crazy to think of having Yoda standing in your house. :yess:

Amazingly life-like and everything from the neck down looks spot on but still seems to be missing that one characteristic of Stuart Freeborn in the face. Something Sideshow's version also missed. Cyberman's latest version 4 however absolutely nailed it.

Amazingly life-like and everything from the neck down looks spot on but still seems to be missing that one characteristic of Stuart Freeborn in the face. Something Sideshow's version also missed. Cyberman's latest version 4 however absolutely nailed it.

Yeah his v3 is where you start to see the freeborn influence. The biggest change in the v4 is the size of his head. He got measurements from the screen used puppet. I am excited to get this guy for my collection. Regardless of the sideshow and other versions....he is one life sized character that is good on space!

Thanks for posting that link jkno, pretty amazing stuff...

I'd have to see it in person, still not falling over for this. Plus I'm really not into custom or fan made props.

I'd have to see it in person, still not falling over for this. Plus I'm really not into custom or fan made props.

Yeah, definitely understandable. 9/10 times I always pick the licensed produced item, even if it's not 100% perfect/accurate, but every once in a while when a foremost "expert/authority" for that particular prop/collectible comes along and makes something I'll plunk down the dough to get the best of the best. My Chris Fields Captain America shield and this Yoda by Cyberman fit that criteria for sure.

You are missing a LOT. Some of the fan made collectibles are countless times more accurate than licensed ones. They are made with true dedication, with attention for each detail, with the soul of the artist imprinted on the prop itself. Many fan made use genuine parts just like screen used ones. Some of the fan made items go for a lot more than licensed ones, and quality is indisputable.

Most of the time licensed stuff is in fact produced in China, by workers and painters that don't really know, nor care, what are the items they are working on. That's why the quality on SSC, MR, EFX, HCG etc. might be less than their counterpart fan made items.

Just compare a SL ANH Vader helmet with an EFX Legend or LE Vader helmet, a Sterling conversion to a MR Stormtrooper blaster, a Webley conversion Fett blaster compared to MR one, Elm-Studios/Cyberman/Gino Emperor life-size bust with Sideshow 1:1 Emperor bust, a Graflex/MPP converted lightsaber to a MR/EFX one etc. If you didn't know about any of these or haven't really seen them, or if you cannot afford them, then it's understandable. Personally I would give any 3 licensed lightsabers for a single good MPP conversion. That is the feeling you might have when holding a well made unlicensed prop lightsaber or blaster.

You are missing a LOT. Some of the fan made collectibles are countless times more accurate than licensed ones. They are made with true dedication, with attention for each detail, with the soul of the artist imprinted on the prop itself. Many fan made use genuine parts just like screen used ones. Some of the fan made items go for a lot more than licensed ones, and quality is indisputable.

Most of the time licensed stuff is in fact produced in China, by workers and painters that don't really know, nor care, what are the items they are working on. That's why the quality on SSC, MR, EFX, HCG etc. might be less than their counterpart fan made items.

Just compare a SL ANH Vader helmet with an EFX Legend or LE Vader helmet, a Sterling conversion to a MR Stormtrooper blaster, a Webley conversion Fett blaster compared to MR one, Elm-Studios/Cyberman/Gino Emperor life-size bust with Sideshow 1:1 Emperor bust, a Graflex/MPP converted lightsaber to a MR/EFX one etc. If you didn't know about any of these or haven't really seen them, or if you cannot afford them, then it's understandable. Personally I would give any 3 licensed lightsabers for a single good MPP conversion. That is the feeling you might have when holding a well made unlicensed prop lightsaber or blaster.

:goodpost: :lecture Preach it brother. Well said.

nailed it

Anything custom that's been made entirely by the artist has been miles ahead of any production piece I own. It's definitely worth the extra money...and in this case if Yoda is the same price...it's a no brainer.

Why...that other salsa is made in NEW YORK CITY!

Get a rope.

Back