1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nowadays DX = moveable eyes, Deluxe = figure with accessories that should be standard but priced a bit higher.

Not that I want these to be more expensive, but the Deluxe should’ve been priced a bit higher and include both stands.

It’s a weird choice to have different stands for the two releases. And this is is a weird Deluxe to begin with, with so few unique accessories included. I’m surprised they even bothered at this point.

Having to create two separate sets of plastic trays, inserts, and packaging for such a minor difference doesn’t seem worthwhile.

Though I’m most concerned about the seamless upper body they used. I’m not an alarmist about figures falling apart, but it seemed like Wonder Woman figures with similar seamless upper bodies seemed to hold up poorly for some people.

Really love how this one turned out! Personally, i think it's as close to perfect as you can get. Base sculpt doesn't really bother me too much (standard or deluxe), if anything I'm not crazy about having part of the water show in the standard version, but even that looks removable.

I initially got both deluxe mando and OG mando simply because I wanted grogu, but now that I can get him with this set maybe I don't need the deluxe mando after all.. I think I prefer the OG mando over beskar anyway:lecture

I notice she's DX21 so they are keeping DX20 for the Joker?

Definitely getting the deluxe. Love the figure and a good price but it does feel light accessories wise for a DX.

Hoping Luke is next.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads collecting wise. Thought I could collect Mandalorian, original trilogy and Clone Wars figures but the amount of new figures coming I'm gonna have to drop one. 😕

Isn't she DX20 and 21?

It's a sick joke that the "Deluxe Deluxe" version is missing accessories.

As soon as Solo Maul became a DX release, the DX line prestige went down for me, so I'm not expecting anything all that special in the future aside from movable eyes.

I think the sculpt is pretty great and sure I'd like both bases but for $20 more I'm getting a Grogu and will buy a parted out base later on.

Beautiful figure! I'm so glad she got moveable eyes because it looks like her head can't move a bit. Love that seamless shoulder body - but why didn't Scarlett Witch get it, too? :cuckoo:

Beautiful figure! I'm so glad she got moveable eyes because it looks like her head can't move a bit. Love that seamless shoulder body - but why didn't Scarlett Witch get it, too? :cuckoo:

Yes, the same thought crossed my mind. I'm more likely to pose SW with her cape, but seamless would have been nice. Maybe they were more concerned with SW's outfit staining a rubber body vs. Ahsoka's cloak?

I'm in for one. Still torn on which one. Really like that elegant stand that comes with the standard version more than the recycled tree one. I haven't been able to pick up the deluxe Beskar Mandalorian yet so having this Grogu would provide one for my collection.

Looking at the details of the figure from the sublime cut and choice of details and materials really makes me appreciate her appearance even more. Same with the sculpt and the rolling eyes will really help it escape the dead-eyed stare so many figures unfortunately end up with. It also captures Dawson's almost masculine features quite well. (Before everyone starts lobbing the snark-filled grenades, that isn't meant as a knock on Dawson. Her facial features just don't appear super soft or overtly feminine. It's part of what works for her portrayal of Ashoka. Displaying a hardened strength through the makeup and appliances. This sculpt captures that really well. )

That's my initial impression.

I think the price tag is gonna come down to wether or not I take or leave the new Grogu statue behind.

Getting for sure. I don't get for the DX line though. Beska Mando + Grogu is TMS. Ahsoka with articulated eyes is TMS. Somehow Ahsoka v2 is now DX.

I'm going to get the Deluxe DX (LOL), but I prefer the stand of the normal version.

What figure is the tree base recycled from?

Yes, the same thought crossed my mind. I'm more likely to pose SW with her cape, but seamless would have been nice. Maybe they were more concerned with SW's outfit staining a rubber body vs. Ahsoka's cloak?
Yeah I have no idea. The two figures are otherwise about as 1:1 match as one could find.

Isn't she DX20 and 21?

It's a sick joke that the "Deluxe Deluxe" version is missing accessories.

Oh is she? Sorry, I only looked at the deluxe version with Grogu.

DX obviously doesn't mean what it used to.

***. Do I get this or the CW version? What if they make a Rebels version? I might have to break my one figure per character rule... But after that the flood gates are open. What is self-restraint? I do not know. Anyway, I think it looks cool. I'm always curious about the end result of these head sculpts though. I imagine the details on her face will be much softer when it's mass-produced but I'll wait and see. I'm hyped but there's no point in me pre-ordering this. I can wait.

Niiiice! Base thing definitely sucks, the Reg. base looks light years better than the deluxe with that nice blue water effect too [emoji108]

The only thing off is the sculpt... Doesn?t look like Rosario with orange make-up.. and the eyes aren?t as striking as they should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys are overpriced and boring now. In my younger collecting day I loved "The Hunt" at retail stores. When it comes to HT, I think I'm looking for "The Piece" the one figure I will spend $400 on but that's it for a year or two. Currently HT has nothing in their catalog for me. Only "The Piece" I see in the horizon is DAMtoys "Godfather" but I am not familiar with that company so on the fence with my $400 I sit.

This is a pretty **** DX release... Absolutely nothing that makes this stand out from the Clone Wars version or any other figure. You can already get Grogu from 2 other figures, a poncho (which CW Ahsoka already has), 1 head sculpt with the stupid PERS, no LED lightsabers (probably won?t even affect the price when it should), a lamp?????, a piece of cardboard, and a ?diorama? base which is indistinguishable from other forest/swamp/jungle bases theyve released in the past. For the 20th DX figure you think they would have tried at least a little...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back