1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing catch up on this thread. So what remaining two are on your list? Luke & Fennic?

Fennic?

No, Luke Mando and Mando v3.

Luke's next, because HT probably won't reveal the next Mando when they haven't delivered all the v2 Mandos yet.

I'm not sure I have ever seen so much indecision because of a stand. It has become the deciding factor for many.

Also, just went thru the thread so may have missed this, but Grogu's ears are up as opposed to down on the Mando v2 Grogu... if that helps sell another Child.

Fennic?

No, Luke Mando and Mando v3.

Luke's next, because HT probably won't reveal the next Mando when they haven't delivered all the v2 Mandos yet.

I'm not sure I have ever seen so much indecision because of a stand. It has become the deciding factor for many.

Also, just went thru the thread so may have missed this, but Grogu's ears are up as opposed to down on the Mando v2 Grogu... if that helps sell another Child.

Barring some MAJOR changes for Mando V3 I can't see getting another one. V1 and V2 with boomix's upgrade pieces should be enough for me. I suppose if they make Fennic it will be for the Boba Fett show. Hopefully she's not only offered in a set with BF on his throne - that would piss me off.

I like the deluxe stand with the lantern. I'm getting sick of the boring rectangular ones. Plus the standard one will be available parted out if people desperately need that blue water sticker. :slap

I don?t think the water is just a sticker. Looks like a separate part of the stand. Looks kind of cool in my opinion.

Ordered a second batch regular version through Toys Wonderland. With some rewards it came out to around $247. Not bad

I'll agree with others that this is a pretty crappy DX release. No reason for me to pick up the deluxe, as I like the stand better in the regular and have plenty of Grogu already.

Looks like the water extends out a bit too. See pic on left looking more from above.

I guess the dude with the little kids (who doesn't have the little kids in the videos any more) will have a Secret Base video showing the stand up later.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 18.43.56.jpg

Yeah yeah let's keep apologizing for HT. Pay $30 more for a deluxe of the deluxe version and not get everything.

Aftermarket prices for this stand and backdrop will be unfair.

Looks like the water extends out a bit too. See pic on left looking more from above.

I guess the dude with the little kids (who doesn't have the little kids in the videos any more) will have a Secret Base video showing the stand up later.

View attachment 511076

I actually really like this stand. It goes with the collection but is different at the same time.

Yeah, this release is totally weak. There?s just no reason it needs to be two separate figures if they?re calling it a DX. The normal DX release is no better than a regular figure. It has PERS.. big deal. I want this and may get it eventually, but aspects of it kind of turn me off wanting it.

At least have the deluxe come with both stands, then there would be a reason for me to pick up it. Guess I should thank HT for making it easy to choose which one to get. :)

Just pretend it's daylight and she's squinting. :D

Yep! Like I said the eyes aren't a dealbreaker either way. In the non close-up pics she looks like the character and that's exactly how she'll appear on a shelf from a normal viewing distance 95% of the time. It's almost a bummer that she looks so good with the cloak on and off because cloaked was my favorite look for her (and her advancing on the inner sanctum was my favorite sequence in the episode) and that means I'll probably have the rest of her awesome looking outfit mostly covered up. Oh well, good problem to have. :)

Last edited:

View attachment 511076

Eh I like the idea of it, but the water itself looks kinda cheap and unconvincing the way they've done it, so think I'll stick with the deluxe version myself.

Yep! Like I said the eyes aren't a dealbreaker either way. In the non close-up pics she looks like the character and that's exactly how she'll appear on a shelf from a normal viewing distance 95% of the time. It's almost a bummer that she looks so good with the cloak on and off because cloaked was my favorite look for her (and her advancing on the inner sanctum was my favorite sequence in the episode) that means I'll probably have the rest of her awesome looking outfit mostly covered up. Oh well, good problem to have. :)

And the seeds of the "I guess I need two" argument have now taken root. :rotfl

Not sure which one to get. I would like to have the complete package with Grogu, the tree base and the lamp but I also like the bridge/water base as well.

God forbid we got everything included in the DX Deluxe version. :cuckoo:

This is a pretty **** DX release... Absolutely nothing that makes this stand out from the Clone Wars version or any other figure. You can already get Grogu from 2 other figures, a poncho (which CW Ahsoka already has), 1 head sculpt with the stupid PERS, no LED lightsabers (probably won?t even affect the price when it should), a lamp?????, a piece of cardboard, and a ?diorama? base which is indistinguishable from other forest/swamp/jungle bases theyve released in the past. For the 20th DX figure you think they would have tried at least a little...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh I agree they could have put some more effort into the DX accessories, but they knocked it out of the park with the figure itself and that badass outfit, which is all I really care about.

Most of the fancy DX accessories that come with figures I never end up using much anyway.

Good, they're crap anyway. Wish they'd do away with them permanently.

There are some after-market light saber wired mods that look really great but I have not been adventurous enough to buy them.

I agree though - the Hot Toys light sabers are lacking and they have not made improvements ever since they started the concept many years ago - the light saber arm is difficult to attach/detach, dim/uneven lighting, poor battery life, etc).

And the seeds of the "I guess I need two" argument have now taken root. :rotfl

I know right. Deluxe Ahsoka with no cloak for training Grogu in the woods to take the ball and then Standard Ahsoka with cloak for infiltrating the compound, lol.

Damn you, Khev. Now I can't unsee the narrow eyes!

I'm guessing it's the dumb PERS. They probably have a "one size fits all" mechanism that they install into the heads which is less than ideal for likenesses like Rosario where her larger eyes are such a defining feature. Having her be able to look off the to side is nice but I wish they just gave us a traditionally sculpted head.

Back