1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not so sure. The tree looks different to me, as does the inclination of the back wall. I suppose the Secret base photos will be the deciding factor.

Here are some insta shots of the sculpt. I'm calling it now: this is the 2021 equivalent of Yondu's sculpt. It's absolutely phenomenal; this'll be their current posterchild sculpt, easily.
2f3a1a6e7af388bdb9f93ea0b1c3f7ea.jpg
0c685eca0418c06a89ca935076162e06.jpg

That looks amazing to me. Cant see how others arent seeing the likeness.

I'm not so sure. The tree looks different to me, as does the inclination of the back wall. I suppose the Secret base photos will be the deciding factor.

The HT photographer has been cunning with the tree. They concealed some of the branches behind her hand and Grogu's head in the close up.

320106-IMG-6216.jpg

I took some photos of the Dagobah base to see if they lined up, and I think they do. You can see the same shapes and patterns in the sculpting:

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

I'll 100% eat crow. You're right @Asta. Good eye!

I still think I'll go deluxe. I can pair the bases and make it look like the wasteland then. But I do think that makes for a compelling reason to go regular.

I'll 100% eat crow. You're right @Asta. Good eye!

I still think I'll go deluxe. I can pair the bases and make it look like the wasteland then. But I do think that makes for a compelling reason to go regular.

If the Deluxe really was a deluxe and came with both, I'd go for that because the forest stand would be useful for all sorts of figures.

"ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A"
So, they protect sculptor and painter from the negative social media reaction now.

It really puzzles me that there is no light up function with this figure, which is strange, considering her sabre role played in this episode.
I also think that both eyes and face overall are not exactly there (and HT can do more definite sculpts). It is almost as if they just tweaked their previous CW Ahsoka version.

Seems like a good idea to protect the artists from social media keyboard warriors to me.

No light up is pretty easy to explain. Her arms are too thin to fit the batteries they need to light up both lightsabers.

For me the sculpts are totally different. However I did see someone complaining on FB that the lips weren't as full as Rosario Dawson. Without making a direct comparison she looks great to me. It's not like I have Rosario Dawsons lip shape etched in my brain......although maybe I should :lol

Interesting that the base talk is such a big topic. Sure I get it, it's something I directly picked up on too. But I think it all depends on your display setup. I have all mine lined up horizontally, and I like some uniformity. So for me I really prefer the standard base.

Others with Detolfs may prefer something more realistic to mix things up a bit.

That was actually one thing which really irked my with the Deluxe Rogue One Deathtrooper. That base really sucked. So much so that I sold him recently to be replaced with a Mando DT with a standard base. But in hindsight it was exactly the same situation. Deluxe DT with just one themed base.

Pretty significant paint detail on the Lekkus. She old !

Also more wrinkles or texture on the face too if you look closely. I do think the base sculpt is still more or less the same, just tweaked to look older with different paint apps too.

The PERS eyes really make a difference to the expression.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 13.16.52.jpg

"ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A"
So, they protect sculptor and painter from the negative social media reaction now.

They protect sculptor and painter from the negative social media harassment now.

I don't blame them at all.

This looks amazing. I don't need the deluxe, as I already have two Grogus.

I'll definitely be getting the deluxe as you can never have enough Grogus... The one thing I wish they'd give us and maybe it'll happen with Mando Luke is a Grugu who's sculpted to fit in another figure's arms. Any photos of either Mando or Ahsoka holding Grogu don't look natural at all. Otherwise, this is great and as silly as it feels having two Ahsokas...I'll be having two Ahsokas...

The HT photographer has been cunning with the tree. They concealed some of the branches behind her hand and Grogu's head in the close up.

175077802_10157957682562344_8971271214144425664_n.jpg

I took some photos of the Dagobah base to see if they lined up, and I think they do. You can see the same shapes and patterns in the sculpting:

51119768005_f328430349_o.jpg

174857769_10157957682242344_2835216253635303173_n.jpg

51118726804_7feda12ddc_o.jpg

174709590_10157957682157344_306391280069437165_n.jpg

51118404842_e15b7c3a55_o.jpg

173270782_10157957682877344_5330383637891338145_n.jpg

51118726809_369b91c17c_o.jpg

173945100_10157957682172344_4638165124410288159_n.jpg

Great job deciphering the differences between the two choices. What happened to the DX line?:slap The DX should have EVERYTHING. And this "DX" is missing stuff, has a reused base, a lamp that doesn't light up, and doesn't come with all that much to begin with. A far cry from the robust DX releases of the past:(

Good thing the figure looks pretty terrific. I'm likely going to end up buying both versions.

The whole shape of the face is different than the animated version, that's not something you just "tweak".

The design of Mando Ahsoka is way cooler, definitely going with this one.

DX is the most surprising part. Is the next Luke going to be a DX too?

And are they seriously omitting the standard base from the Deluxe version again? This is ****ing annoying. Make it more expensive we don't care, people who buy the Deluxe DX version want everything. ****ing scummy ass tactics from HT.

Last edited:
Will this go up for pre-order with sideshow today?

Sent from a point in space and time.

True DX line back in the day wouldn?t have a regular and deluxe. It would have all in the Deluxe version (base, grogu, lamp), the regular version base, the PERS, all light up features for Sabres and lamp....all in one release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back