Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All seriousness, if you watch the PT and make Palps’s the center of the story, its a great story.....just skip over most of Anakins stuff in TPM, dont watch AOTC at all, and ignore the love story....

We can agree on the love story for sure. This is one of the worst aspects of the prequels for me, and one of the reasons I prefer TPM over the others as it has none of this. But while Palpatine is a big part, the first six movies were the story of Vader for me. This is a nice video that sums this story up if you have 9 mins free. Jake Lloyd and all, it's Vader going from innocent and optimistic young kid. To torn apart and lost, to ultimately redeeming himself. Note the part when young Anakin say's he wants be the first one to see all of the stars.... Cut's to Vader looking out at them. It'll stir your sole, something TLJ never will do sadly.

Lol while hilarious and silly these quotes are way better.

"I hate sand"

:lol:lol

VRhKpci.gif

You think that I came to he most unfindable place in the galaxy for no reason.

Holding for general hugs.

Luke, we are what they grow beyond, that is the true burden of all masters - that's actually a good line so will give TLJ props for that.

Talk about selective memory......

Fire, sound, explosions in space are all common to all SW films....

OT anyone?

Might as well argue about explosions and fire in space....

Selective memory is selective

You do realize fire and explosions can happen in space...

Can a fire exist in space?
Recent tests aboard the International Space Station have shown that fire in space can be less predictable and potentially more lethal than it is on Earth. “There have been experiments,” says NASA aerospace engineer Dan Dietrich, “where we observed fires that we didn't think could exist, but did.”

Can something explode in space?
Chemical explosives will also explode in space since they function by breaking weakly bonded chemical components; no oxygen is necessary. Nuclear explosions can of course occur in space, too. However, in space, there is no atmosphere to transmit sound from the explosion to the observer, so it would appear to be silent

As for sound, yes everyone knows there is no sound in space, but since the beginning of sci-fi tv shows/movies they have always had sound in space so it's usually overlooked...

Thanks for this . I understand people dislike this film, but more and more often, I see a constant retread of complaints about the story that have direct answers in the films them selves. It almost seems like an echo chamber of pile on complaints that have answers if you just paid attention to the film.

It was stated plainly the map was to the Jedi temple....NOT to Luke....the all assume Luke was there because it was what he was last know doing. His mission was to destroy it. And we see him in the film struggling with his decision to end the Jedi.

Its the same as with the “bomber” complaints. Even thou, as pointed out over and over, we see Tie Bombers in ESB bombing asteroids....and they dont have gravity like a planet not matter what space worm lives in them....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Actually, Asteroids do have gravity, it might not be a lot but they do have it... look it up....

Hamill in retrospect.

"There's just such a huge gap between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens - I had to really contemplate that," he explains. "I said ‘hey, how did I go from being the most optimistic, positive character to this cranky, suicidal man who wants people to get off his island?’"

"It was a radical change, but I think sometimes being pushed out of your comfort zone is a good thing," Hamill adds. "Although a part of me said to Rian, ‘but you know, a Jedi would never give up’. My concept of the character was that even if I chose the New Hitler thinking he was the New Hope, yeah I'd feel terrible, but I wouldn't secret myself on an island and then turn off the Force."

The actor's remarks echo those of Star Wars fans, many of whom would like to remake The Last Jedi in order to give Luke Skywalker a proper sendoff (sorry, but that's never going to happen). Hamill, meanwhile, is just disappointed that he didn't get to show off the Jedi Master's impressive powers.

"J.J. said, ‘Oh and by the way I'll probably put in a couple of floating boulders to show the Force emanating from you, as strong as it is.’ So I'm thinking for VIII, I'm going to have Force Lightning coming out of every orifice of my body. You know, lifting an eyebrow and toppling AT-ATs like dominoes. That would have been fun to be that powerful! Plus, I wouldn't have to do much. They wouldn't have to teach me choreography to do lightsaber duels. I'd just have to do this,” Hamill points across the room, “and let the special effects guy do everything."

You do realize fire and explosions can happen in space...

As for sound, yes everyone knows there is no sound in space, but since the beginning of sci-fi tv shows/movies they have always had sound in space so it's usually overlooked...

Yes, so long as there is a fuel to provide the material for burning...tell that to the folks who like to complain about ST and the unrealistic physics......

While accepting the same things in OT.

Actually, Asteroids do have gravity, it might not be a lot but they do have it... look it up....

Not anything appreciable....look it up.

Unless its so big it classified as a planetoid.
Certainly not enough to pull a bomb to it.
You realize to have earth strength gravity you need earth sized object right?

Moon sized object, moon sized gravity.

Its the reason the used launched plaa bombs for most of the Tie Bomber in OT ( well explained it that way years later) and Magnetic for ST.

Grace has been complaining since 2015 about LFL caving to Ford's demand that Han die but what choice did they have if it was his one condition for returning? (Aside from his monster paycheck of course.)

You realize to have earth strength gravity you need earth sized object right?

Moon sized object, moon sized gravity.

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Gravity isn't about size, it's about mass. A neutron star is relatively tiny for example, but has gravity unimaginably strong (exactly the same gravity it had when it was a Star many magnitudes larger) You'd literally be crushed to dust if you got too close.

How about inertia. If the bombs are "launched" do they not maintain velocity?

They should maintain the same velocity they were launched at since there is no friction in space. But in TLJ the bombs were dropped not launched. Someone said the bombs were magnetic, if that's the case what is the bomber ship made out of? PVC? If the Bomber is metal then wouldn't the bombs just attached themselves to the bomber the second they were released? The plot holes continue :lol

People are really still debating the bombs? The bombs were dropped inside a ship with artificial gravity. The gravity pulled the bombs "downward" (the exact same gravity that pulled Paige down when she fell) and then when the bombs exited the "bottom" of the ship they continued out into space in the same direction (no friction) until colliding with whatever was in their path (the Dreadnaught.) All easily explained by the film itself.

Even ignoring artificial gravity, or magnetic properties, my main question is: who gives a ****!? Is this seriously how people watch sci-fi/fantasy movies? More importantly, is this the way people watch the OT movies? By nitpicking every instance of questionable logic, or science, or strategy/tactics?

Serious question for all those here who keep pointing out "plot holes" like bombers dropping bombs in space: do you watch movies as if you're recording an episode of CinemaSins? If so, how do you manage to enjoy any movie in this genre without driving yourself crazy with all the plot holes? I'm being serious. I'm not trying to troll anyone, or be confrontational; I am genuinely curious how these types of TLJ complaints aren't equally frustrating with the other movies.

Is this how you guys watch Empire Strikes Back?

Do you think ESB sucks because you can point to several "plot holes" or instances that make no sense? If not, why are the same sorts of issues so bothersome in TLJ?

I effing LOATHE TLJ, but it sure as hell isn't cause of "bombs in space." There are way bigger problems than that.

I've never applied real world outer space physics to Star Wars. Even the airlock for Space Leia didn't bother me cause I remember in the first movie the Death Star had big open areas and nobody was getting sucked out into space.

I've never considered "Star Wars space" to be the same as ACTUAL outer space. Once you start doing that, you're getting overly nitpicky I think.

I effing LOATHE TLJ, but it sure as hell isn't cause of "bombs in space." There are way bigger problems than that.

I've never applied real world outer space physics to Star Wars. Even the airlock for Space Leia didn't bother me cause I remember in the first movie the Death Star had big open areas and nobody was getting sucked out into space.

I've never considered "Star Wars space" to be the same as ACTUAL outer space. Once you start doing that, you're getting overly nitpicky I think.

Well said.....

Back