Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. Being an iconoclast is one of the arts most valuable tenets. Im just not sure it’s the greatest thing for a major mainstream juggernaut of a property like Star Wars. :lol

Yeah, RJ cut a cow down the middle with a bandsaw and placed in a clear vat of formaldehyde, and placed a crucifix into a clear plexi frame. He's the talk of the town now.:rotfl

Easier said then done. Especially for those who have never been. lol
... yeah, that experience would be far more difficult for some.
The point is that it only takes three month to become a marine unless you're a lazy fat ***k.
That includes weapon training and practice, which Luke could get from anyone with good fighting skills.
*I somehow don't think Yoda would've been a good fencing teacher*

The core idea of that article - that fans who didn't like TLJ are the same as the tiny number of racist and misogynistic trolls who have attacked the film on the basis of representation of minorities or women (or even physically threatened people online) - is morally repugnant and the very worst in lazy (we're still repeating the disproven lie that RT was bots?,) corporate pandering, opinion-as-fact, progressive-clickbait journalism.

And are we seriously... I mean seriously... still trying to say that a film that sent such a deep schism through SW fandom has a "tiny" number of detractors? The core tenet of hundreds of these identical (often wording as well as content) articles since December is that something like 95-97% of fans liked/loved TLJ and 3-5% (or less) didn't.

In this article, those who disliked TLJ were: "a small but determined minority" (not just a minority, but a small one) then later "it HAS to be a minority" and always termed "fans" (in quotations in FIVE places in this article.)

But TLJ fans who created hashtags supporting the film were "promoting mental health awareness, diversity inclusion and a sense of positive thinking among the Star Wars faithful." Oh, brother...:slap:rotfl

The question is: why, if we are talking about a tiny minority of fans (seemingly a few hundred or thousand out of millions of fans,) do we still see dozens of these identical-narrative "support/love TLJ and hate the haters and their hate" articles almost six months after the theatrical release, and six weeks after the home video release? I mean when millions love something and a few hundred don't, doesn't the love just drown everything out by its sheer scale?

That was an infuriating article. There was only one paragraph in the entire article that pointed to the issues that I see most people have with the movie:

"Some of the more level-headed viewers out there have pointed to story and character-specific issues as to why they didn’t enjoy The Last Jedi. These include problems with how Luke’s character was handled, the movie’s inconsistent humor, Leia pulling a Mary Poppins in space, a lack of payoff to mysteries raised in The Force Awakens and other subjective concerns about plot and script elements."

Everything else in the article painted those who have issue with the movie as racist and misogynstic a-holes who hate change. While those fans certainly exist and are very vocal, it seems the majority of detractors have substantive complaints. Anyway, as for progressive-clickbait journalism, i think the word progressive doesn't completely apply. At least not accurately, even if it appears progressive at first blush and the writer likely thinks he is progressive. While articles like that are masked as progressive, they are not. Being truly progressive isn't about painting a group of people as flawed like this article has done. This article is just trash writing where the writer has chosen to vilify rather than understand the subjects he is writing about.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Seems like a strange thing to have as a goal - artistically or otherwise. Wouldn't it be better to simply say you made the movie you wanted to make, not the movie that would "divide" people?:dunno

Given the polarized way the world is right now, that actually seems like the stupidest and most arrogant a-hole move anyone could think of.:lol

It's one thing to state that the number of deeply racist/misogynist people out there - the kind who go online aggressively and threaten people - is a tiny number.

It's another thing altogether to say that the SW fans who didn't like TLJ are both tiny in number, and are also racist/misogynistic.

Can you understand the difference?

It’s the tactic I was asking about, silly. But you know that. :lol

Seems like a strange thing to have as a goal - artistically or otherwise. Wouldn't it be better to simply say you made the movie you wanted to make, not the movie that would "divide" people?:dunno

Given the polarized way the world is right now, that actually seems like the stupidest and most arrogant a-hole move anyone could think of.:lol

Is this is true that Rian Johnson set out to purposely divide Star Wars fans? What a destructive way to create! I hope he doesn't have any kids, I shudder to imagine his parenting style.

That was an infuriating article. There was only one paragraph in the entire article that pointed to the issues that I see most people have with the movie:

"Some of the more level-headed viewers out there have pointed to story and character-specific issues as to why they didn’t enjoy The Last Jedi. These include problems with how Luke’s character was handled, the movie’s inconsistent humor, Leia pulling a Mary Poppins in space, a lack of payoff to mysteries raised in The Force Awakens and other subjective concerns about plot and script elements."

Everything else in the article painted those who have issue with the movie as racist and misogynstic a-holes who hate change. While those fans certainly exist and are very vocal, it seems the majority of detractors have substantive complaints. Anyway, as for progressive-clickbait journalism, i think the word progressive doesn't completely apply. At least not accurately, even if it appears progressive at first blush and the writer likely thinks he is progressive. While articles like that are masked as progressive, they are not. Being truly progressive isn't about painting a group of people as flawed like this article has done. This article is just trash writing where the writer has chosen to vilify rather than understand the subjects he is writing about.

:goodpost:

I get so tired of being vilified by other Star Wars fans just because I found a lot of inconsistencies in the new trilogy that to me compromises the integrity of the movies.

You can't dislike anything any more without someone immediately calling you a hater or bigot. It's childish and also scary (not just because it undermines free speech, but it's manipulative and underhanded).

Is this is true that Rian Johnson set out to purposely divide Star Wars fans? What a destructive way to create! I hope he doesn't have any kids, I shudder to imagine his parenting style.

Yes it seems that way. He finds NO JOY in 90% of fans being happy.
He finds his true joy in 50% of fans loving a movie and the other 50% despising and hating a movie.

Thats where his true happiness as a director lies. In dividing the fan base.

He literally says so.

OMG.... And fans are DEFENDING him.... Disney deserves to lose the franchise for putting such a **** in charge.

ft-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney should just give Stah Wahs to Universal so it can be part of their Dark Universe. I’m sure it could fit in there, somehow.

He should do the new Obi-Wan movie with Ewan, based on the comic where Darth Maul hunts him down on Tatooine and terrorizes Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

aaron-mcbride-sw-visionaries-009.jpg

Last edited:
Back