Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always believed that the story peaked with the Empire Strikes Back. Jedi was ok, then Phantom Menace came out and was some what disappointed. Attack of the Clones was the middle story to get us to the good stuff. Revenge of the Sith had a big job of brining it all together, and it did an ok job although a bit rushed imo. Now that Disney has the license Star Wars is everywhere. Not the original trilogy or the prequels, just The Force Awakens. Which I guess they have to because they spent a lot of money acquiring the name. For me that's the problem. In every store I walk in to I see that little droid or Kylo Ren, and I'm almost Star Warsed out. I'll see it, but I don't feel any rush or great need to do so.

That's exactly how I feel, I'm not hyped at all. I'm curious about it... there are things I want to know so I'll see it but I don't share the excitement other people have

The other day I saw The Force Awakens on a water bottle. Then I see Star Wars make-up. What's next, Star Wars condoms? "Let her really feel the force."
Of course. :)

65eed5f0aeca9e5ab7feb9f58de54aeb.jpg

6ff67a1592b7976e7ff71ea9641e4780.jpg

I always believed that the story peaked with the Empire Strikes Back. Jedi was ok, then Phantom Menace came out and was some what disappointed. Attack of the Clones was the middle story to get us to the good stuff. Revenge of the Sith had a big job of brining it all together, and it did an ok job although a bit rushed imo. Now that Disney has the license Star Wars is everywhere. Not the original trilogy or the prequels, just The Force Awakens. Which I guess they have to because they spent a lot of money acquiring the name. For me that's the problem. In every store I walk in to I see that little droid or Kylo Ren, and I'm almost Star Warsed out. I'll see it, but I don't feel any rush or great need to do so.

It was no different with the prequels.

New trailer that was put together by Supercut is real good. Takes all 3 domestic trailers, the Comic-Con BTS reel, the new TV spot and the international trailer and combines them into one cut.

Don't watch if you're afraid of spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvkarUF8xs

:woo

Feels like Star Wars is coming home again.

Though my newfound fondness for the PT hasn't abated. :lol

I finally got around to picking up 'The Complete Saga' on Blu-ray, after initially getting only the OT Blu-ray set that missed the extra three discs of special features. If you can filter out Jar Jar; battle droid voices; immaculate conceptions and the sickly sweet brat, there's some good stuff in there. Even if you just watch it for the scenery.

TFA looks like it's pulling it all together in an altogether more serious tone.

New trailer that was put together by Supercut is real good. Takes all 3 domestic trailers, the Comic-Con BTS reel, the new TV spot and the international trailer and combines them into one cut.

Don't watch if you're afraid of spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvkarUF8xs

Thanks for posting!

Still excited about the movie. I just got tickets for it, for the 27th for the non- 3D show. I wanted to wait a little for the crowds to dissipate. I really hate seeing a movie on opening night with everyone over-excited and hootin’ and hollerin’ and clapping for everything. I know that sounds like I’m a stick in the mud, but I just want to watch the damn movie and get immersed in it without distraction and without missing dialogue. I’m fine with a rowdier crowd if it’s an older movie that everyone knows by heart, but when I’m watching a movie for the first time, especially one I’m very interested and invested in, I want to actually watch it!

Of course by waiting, that means that I will know if certain rumors prove to be true and I’ll probably stumble across some spoilers, but I think I would prefer that than to have a disruptive audience.

Thanks for posting!

Still excited about the movie. I just got tickets for it, for the 27th for the non- 3D show. I wanted to wait a little for the crowds to dissipate. I really hate seeing a movie on opening night with everyone over-excited and hootin’ and hollerin’ and clapping for everything. I know that sounds like I’m a stick in the mud, but I just want to watch the damn movie and get immersed in it without distraction and without missing dialogue. I’m fine with a rowdier crowd if it’s an older movie that everyone knows by heart, but when I’m watching a movie for the first time, especially one I’m very interested and invested in, I want to actually watch it!

Of course by waiting, that means that I will know if certain rumors prove to be true and I’ll probably stumble across some spoilers, but I think I would prefer that than to have a disruptive audience.

Yeah, I saw Star Trek 6 on opening night when I was a much younger man and after Spock said "Only Nixon can go to China" you couldn't hear anything for the next 30 seconds but Trekkies guffawing. It was aggravating. That's why I generally go on weekday evenings, when there isn't anyone there and no one is kicking your chair or other fun stuff. Having said that, I did go to midnight premiers of the last two Batman movies and even though the place was packed, you could hear a pin drop once the actual movie got started. I guess it depends on the type of audience, but from what I've seen of the Star Wars crowd in the past, I think your strategery is sound.

Yeah, I saw Star Trek 6 on opening night when I was a much younger man and after Spock said "Only Nixon can go to China" you couldn't hear anything for the next 30 seconds but Trekkies guffawing. It was aggravating. That's why I generally go on weekday evenings, when there isn't anyone there and no one is kicking your chair or other fun stuff. Having said that, I did go to midnight premiers of the last two Batman movies and even though the place was packed, you could hear a pin drop once the actual movie got started. I guess it depends on the type of audience, but from what I've seen of the Star Wars crowd in the past, I think your strategery is sound.

:rotfl

Yeah, there is a bit of a public jackass problem in the U.S. sometimes. I think that's one of the reasons why home theaters are so popular. :D

In the small of numbers of movies that I've seen in US cinemas (less than 30) I've sometimes enjoyed the craziness, but sometimes the mass hysteria, shouting for shouting's sake is just bizarre to me. :lol
Would not like at TFA opening night.

In the small of numbers of movies that I've seen in US cinemas (less than 30) I've sometimes enjoyed the craziness, but sometimes the mass hysteria, shouting for shouting's sake is just bizarre to me. :lol
Would not like at TFA opening night.

I remember seeing Star Trek Generations in the Savoy back in 1994 and everyone clapped at the end - I was taken aback by that, I'd never encountered it before. I can't recall any specific examples of people clapping in the cinema since then. Like you I find it a little weird and it would infuriate me if it were all going on during the actual film.

Exactly the same here, I'm sick of seeing it everywhere Not to mention it's become like a "you have to see it or you'll be an outcast" situation

The other day I saw The Force Awakens on a water bottle. Then I see Star Wars make-up. What's next, Star Wars condoms? "Let her really feel the force."

Battery adverts, branded cereal boxes and eyeglasses are in the shops of my local high street :slap

Back