Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the PT is, and always will be, canon. But because TFA follows on from the OT it has the luxury of not needing to confirm or deny the PT. Thus both prequel lovers and haters (and everyone in between) can be kept happy.

That said, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Ghost Hayden at some point...

It is pretty bad, to be fair. Worse than I remember it. If it wasn't standing on the shoulders of ANH and ESB I can't say I could really stomach it, but...it's not AOTC bad.

The issues I had were mostly ewok related. I thought the entire Luke, Vader and Emperor scene was brilliant. I thought the Han rescue was fun except for the poor showing for Fett. I don't think it has nearly the issues the PT had. I don't hate the PT, but it's not on par with the OT at all IMO.

I think a lot of fans (haters and lovers) would agree that ROTJ is the worst of the OT, and that ROTS is the best of the PT.
I guess that's where these bonds are made? makes sense to me..

Considering ROTJ was on par with the PT... It will be the best Star Wars film since '05 :wink1:
leia-what-gif.gif

After following this thread for a while I came to the conclusion that AOTC was universally considered the worst of the PT, with TPM or ROTS the best depending on who you ask.

But after venturing into the wider world (i.e. Twitter!) I realise there are others who feel as I do: ROTS>AOTC>TPM.

I was disappointed with TPM but felt each successive prequel was an improvement, to the point ROTS was in the same league as the OT (though I'm still not sure if it outdoes ROTJ).

ROTJ has its issues, but on par with the PT? :lol.....come on.

Not on par with AOTC, on par with TPM and ROTS surpasses it. Just my opinion.

Yes, the PT is, and always will be, canon. But because TFA follows on from the OT it has the luxury of not needing to confirm or deny the PT. Thus both prequel lovers and haters (and everyone in between) can be kept happy.

That said, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Ghost Hayden at some point...

Would be nice to see Hayden show up, would be very cool. I just hope people won't say his one minute of screen time ruined the film....

I think a lot of fans (haters and lovers) would agree that ROTJ is the worst of the OT, and that ROTS is the best of the PT.
I guess that's where these bonds are made? makes sense to me..

I agree.

For me, the only way I'll watch the prequels is watch the Final Dual from TPM and skip straight to the Clones landing on Geonosis and then ROTS:lol I'm a big fan of ROTS too.

Ah, what about EU fans? I'm in "I don't give a crap" mode for this movie and I'm sure the let-down that were the prequels and the fact they're throwing out the Star Wars saga I love and grew up with have something to do with my apathy toward all of this.

At first I was against a sequel trilogy. Then I was kind of interested. Then I started getting excited. Then they reset the canon. And pretty much the closer and closer we approach the release date, the less and less I care.

If I don't like this movie, I'm not bothering with VIII or IX. I didn't like the first Hobbit so never have bothered with the sequels if you all don't believe me. And I'm happy to have done so!

Last edited:
I think TPM is better than ROTJ. AOTC would be to if the first half was not terrible.

I wouldn't say that TPM is better, but I wouldn't say ROTJ is that much better either :lol One of the few advantages ROTJ has over TPM, is that it was the last part of the story, the culmination of the saga....but, now that there's an episode 7, it all went down the toilet, and ROTJ becomes just another mediocre sequel with some visually interesting settings and characters, imo.

If it wasn't for Maul every single copy of TFM should be buried next to the ET cartridges in New Mexico. It's one of the biggest piles of stink ever put on film.

I always believed that the story peaked with the Empire Strikes Back. Jedi was ok, then Phantom Menace came out and was some what disappointed. Attack of the Clones was the middle story to get us to the good stuff. Revenge of the Sith had a big job of brining it all together, and it did an ok job although a bit rushed imo. Now that Disney has the license Star Wars is everywhere. Not the original trilogy or the prequels, just The Force Awakens. Which I guess they have to because they spent a lot of money acquiring the name. For me that's the problem. In every store I walk in to I see that little droid or Kylo Ren, and I'm almost Star Warsed out. I'll see it, but I don't feel any rush or great need to do so.

I always believed that the story peaked with the Empire Strikes Back. Jedi was ok, then Phantom Menace came out and was some what disappointed. Attack of the Clones was the middle story to get us to the good stuff. Revenge of the Sith had a big job of brining it all together, and it did an ok job although a bit rushed imo. Now that Disney has the license Star Wars is everywhere. Not the original trilogy or the prequels, just The Force Awakens. Which I guess they have to because they spent a lot of money acquiring the name. For me that's the problem. In every store I walk in to I see that little droid or Kylo Ren, and I'm almost Star Warsed out. I'll see it, but I don't feel any rush or great need to do so.

Wait until there's a SW film every year :lol

Wait until there's a SW film every year :lol

I feel the same way. I remember 1985, when the last of the original Star Wars toys and action figures were out. When they were gone, that was it for like 20 years. Now, it's EVERYWHERE on everything. George Lucas and KISS must've taught each other about marketing and licensing. It really is a bit much and I'm really burned out on it. Still going to see the new movie though. :)

The other day I saw The Force Awakens on a water bottle. Then I see Star Wars make-up. What's next, Star Wars condoms? "Let her really feel the force."

Back