Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I hope not. I'd rather see him in his own unique role. Do some ageing work on Ewan if they bring Obi-Wan back.

Maybe Serkis will mocap a CGI Alec Guinness Obi-Wan force ghost?

Now that I think about it looking at this line-up none of the guys really scream "leading man" to me. I wonder if Daisy IS the lead of this new trilogy. I said from the beginning it'd be kind of cool to have a chick driving the action this time around.

Actually, John Boyega is the main character, supposedly, which is groundbreaking for them to have a black actor in a SW lead role. Personally, I don't want a female lead....I really hope that's not the case. :monkey4

Also, They are also looking for a mixed/ethnic female actress to play another character in the film.

Von Sydow will be a master villain to Driver's apprentice. Flash Gordon inspired the original Star Wars.

It's like poetry.......it rhymes......

Andy S as Gollum Jedi

I don't know if it's possible, but I'm going to try to go into this movie spoiler free. I'm sure I will end up seeing the trailers and a few commercials, but I hope it won't go any farther than that. I'm going to try not to click on any articles about this movie for the next year and a half and go see it fresh with my kids, knowing as little as possible.

Didn't they say they might "borrow" some elements from the Expanded Universe? Could very well be that Driver and Ridley are Jacen and Jaina Solo if they go that route.

Max Von Sydow is good casting. He always adds some credibility and is wonderful in any "sage"-type of role. I would much rather see Ewan return as any Obi-Wan Force ghost.

I just read on Latino news that Andy Serkis it's going to be playing the CGI version of Jar Jar Binks great great grandson ***** peepee

I just read on Latino news that Andy Serkis it's going to be playing the CGI version of Jar Jar Binks great great grandson ***** peepee

wait wut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

I'm just being an idiot bro don't listen to me, totally made it up

I would not be surprised if there was never a mention of Jar Jar again in any Star Wars movies , now I cannot promise that in the clone wars or any other cartoons.

gollum-versus-jar-jar-binks.jpg

I would almost be positive that a female is going to lead this new series, think about it it's a daring, brave, and something we have not. seen in Star Wars. I would not mind a female lead as long as they made it believable, and still kept her feminine qualities. There's nothing more than I hate are these CSI cop show type females that are masculine and punch a 275 pound man in the face to knock em out
I hate that too. Women can be effective in their pwn way

Blah blah blah. Women. Really? How about making a worthwhile story with worthwhile characters rather than making a checklist of different groups we NEED to represent. TV shows these days feel fake because they fall into this trap far too often. Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra are two shows that are filled with predominately male characters. The females that show up are well written, strong, and memorable. I have a feeling the Solo daughter will take center stage as far as new characters go. Makes sense that the next Skywalker would be the protagonist. There are plenty of female Star Wars fans out there with Leia, Padme, and Ashoka(?) as the only female leads. Why change the dynamics now just to be "politically correct?"

Harrison Ford is playing Han Solo in a sequel to Return of the Jedi. This is taking a while to sink in.

I bet he can't believe he's playing this character again. I recall interviews years ago with him saying he wouldn't return to Star Wars, probably thinking there'd never be a sequel trilogy anyway.

Like Solo himself I'm sure he's just in it for the money, but I care not. Just glad he's in it. Han, Chewie and the Millenium gawdamn Falcon.

Back