Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I might get flack for this, but, am I the only one who isn't crazy about all the old people coming back? I hope they don't make it to fan service-y and it can't be taken seriously. And not for nothing, but I was hoping now they'd finally steer away from the old, has-been out of shape jedi. I don't know, I would like to hope that jedi are so disciplined, committed and strong n a physical and spiritual sense, that even in their older years they would be toned, powerful warriors like Qui gonn. But Luke stopped looking like a jedi master about three chins ago. Han is a smuggler so I think he'll be fine, but I hope he's into it because he can literally not put any effort into some of his modern roles.

I don't know. I just am not ready for fat Luke and Leia to be looking silly in action scenes. Just my $.02

I'm slightly worried about it at the same time as I'm excited. But then, their inclusion is the only reason I even care in the first place after the abortions that were the prequels.

I might get flack for this, but, am I the only one who isn't crazy about all the old people coming back? I hope they don't make it to fan service-y and it can't be taken seriously. And not for nothing, but I was hoping now they'd finally steer away from the old, has-been out of shape jedi. I don't know, I would like to hope that jedi are so disciplined, committed and strong n a physical and spiritual sense, that even in their older years they would be toned, powerful warriors like Qui gonn. But Luke stopped looking like a jedi master about three chins ago. Han is a smuggler so I think he'll be fine, but I hope he's into it because he can literally not put any effort into some of his modern roles.

I don't know. I just am not ready for fat Luke and Leia to be looking silly in action scenes. Just my $.02

1907949_10152337270502708_6971045566755619155_n.jpg

Luke's lost a couple of those chins though. I think he looks great. As long as he can swing a lightsaber a bit faster than Alec Guiness, the action of this movie with the main heroes is the least of my worries. The story and script are indeed the most crucial things to get right.

I think, the one of the biggest hurdles for this new trilogy will be establishing a new credible threat and villains.

And this. My thoughts for a plot involved a Sith Cult made of Force sensitive people being recruited by one of these new characters. Max von Sydow would be my choice. But he's just the pawn of none other than the ghost of Emperor Palpatine who is training these new Sith not in the hopes of making them strong enough to take over the galaxy but just strong enough to be seen as a threat by the Republic. Luke and the Solo daughter are sent to investigate this cult on some really bizarre and trippy alien world like we've never seen before. I'm thinking purple skies with lightning and storms. Ancient ruins and weird flora and fauna covering it all with bones of humanoids and creatures all over. Something eery. Luke finds out about Palpatine's presence. It's too late. Luke is killed but rather than turning into a Jedi Spirit, the Emperor somehow manipulates the umm... Force energy? Yeah, the Force energy from Luke's physical death to have a physical rebirth. Emperor Palpatine is the new villain. Boom. The next two episodes can involve the Solo Daughter trying to get buddy buddy with the Emperor in hopes to stab him in the back and kill him again to free Luke's spirit.

I didn't give it much thought and it sounds like some really bad fanfic, but I think including Palpatine in it would be a brilliant choice. It would give the saga one main threat to constantly be fighting against. Say what you will about the prequels, but Ian McDiarmid was the man. Also, the idea I have came from some dialogue in the PT. The "Force energy" is of course a nicer way of saying the M-word I hope is never uttered again on screen in anything called Star Wars.

A Death Star capable of blowing up solar systems with one shot and an exhaust port that's only ONE meter wide should do the trick as a credible new villain.

I hope its not Palpatine again I really do. I always liked that it was Anakin/Vader who ended that threat once and for all. Even if I think its total bull that after killing all those people that all Vader had to do was save his son and he becomes one with the force.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My thoughts for a plot involved a Sith Cult made of Force sensitive people being recruited by one of these new characters. Max von Sydow would be my choice. But he's just the pawn of none other than the ghost of Emperor Palpatine who is training these new Sith not in the hopes of making them strong enough to take over the galaxy but just strong enough to be seen as a threat by the Republic. Luke and the Solo daughter are sent to investigate this cult on some really bizarre and trippy alien world like we've never seen before. I'm thinking purple skies with lightning and storms. Ancient ruins and weird flora and fauna covering it all with bones of humanoids and creatures all over. Something eery. Luke finds out about Palpatine's presence. It's too late. Luke is killed but rather than turning into a Jedi Spirit, the Emperor somehow manipulates the umm... Force energy? Yeah, the Force energy from Luke's physical death to have a physical rebirth. Emperor Palpatine is the new villain. Boom. The next two episodes can involve the Solo Daughter trying to get buddy buddy with the Emperor in hopes to stab him in the back and kill him again to free Luke's spirit.

I didn't give it much thought and it sounds like some really bad fanfic, but I think including Palpatine in it would be a brilliant choice. It would give the saga one main threat to constantly be fighting against. Say what you will about the prequels, but Ian McDiarmid was the man. Also, the idea I have came from some dialogue in the PT. The "Force energy" is of course a nicer way of saying the M-word I hope is never uttered again on screen in anything called Star Wars.

Not a bad idea IMO. Although it would seem to rule Luke out of the movies while Palpatine lives again until presumably the end of the last film. I'm not sure we want to be without any presence of Luke for that long.

I'm surprised that Disney is still including the CW series on it's very short list of "canon" after unceremoniously terminating it so abruptly.

My guess is Max Von Sydow is some kind of Imperial leader, and then Driver is some kind of Sith. Some people think Serkis might play a wookie, but I don't think he's tall enough for that unless he's playing a younger wookie which would be weird. I can't think of any aliens that they would want to use that would require motion capture though. Maybe a Bothan?

I think, the one of the biggest hurdles for this new trilogy will be establishing a new credible threat and villains.

:exactly:

I still laugh every time I hear Porkins's name - the guy had to be lubed up and pried into the X wing cockpit and then on top of that they name him Porkins. LOL!

:lol

Yup, only you. :lol

Gives me goosebumps seeing them reading a new SW script.

I bet they hate the PT just like everyone else. :lol

Gives me goosebumps seeing them reading a new SW script.

I bet they hate the PT just like everyone else. :lol

Abrams: "What we need to do is make a cool movie while still honoring both the OT and problematic PT."

Ford: "Nope, we ignore the PT, the whole thing goes."

Abrams: "Well I guess you're calling the shots now Harry."

Harrison Ford hasn't even seen some of the movies he has starred in. I seriously doubt he has seen the PT. Besides acting, movies don't seem to be a big part of his life.

I'm not too excited about the OT cast. If over done they could easily turn this into Star Wars and the Crystal Skull! *vomit*

Not a bad idea IMO. Although it would seem to rule Luke out of the movies while Palpatine lives again until presumably the end of the last film. I'm not sure we want to be without any presence of Luke for that long.

Yeah. Like I said it wasn't fleshed out. I like the idea of Luke dying only to mirror how the "mentor" dies in the first 1/3 of each trilogy. And keeping his spirit imprisoned seemed like a different plot point than anything else we've seen and makes the Force itself the focus rather than boring politics or even the exciting civil war from the last two trilogies.

I'm not too excited about the OT cast. If over done they could easily turn this into Star Wars and the Crystal Skull! *vomit*

Harrison Ford wasn't the problem with KotCS. And even if these turn out to be KotCS, then that means they will be better than the PT.

True true, KOTCS was atrocious, KA was a waste.

But that was GL, and of course SS.

Haven't they been selling it as the new talent behind this is what supposedly will save Star Wars.

GL sold SW.

Alan Horn (Disney CEO) came out last week and said the "new" team is in charge now, not GL.

Last edited:

JJ would never make a KOTCS...never...Thats like saying Nolan was gonna turn Batman into Robocop 3...not a chance

Back