Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Please god no.
:lol

In the words of Jack in Batman 89 - "..so much to do, so little time..".

SW needs clear heads going forward with the new films - I'd say we all agree there.

Some of the things getting thrown around in this thread so far, really do seem like Robot Chicken fodder though. :lol

Somehow I knew Disney was going to milk this for all it's worth. They're going to run the franchise into the ground if they do 3 SW movies a year. :gah:

From Geektyrant:

"Disney is going to re-launch Lucasfilms Star Wars franchise in 2015 with Star Wars: Episode VII. When this awesomeness was first announced, they said that we would be getting one new Star Wars film every two years. It looks like we're going to get a hell of a lot more Star Wars than that though!

Fanboys and fangirls are going to be in Star Wars bliss. In a recent interview with EW, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy revealed that the studio wants to pump out "two or three films a year"! How insanely cool is that! It's crazy to think that there will be a point that every year we will get a new star wars movie!

It makes sense. Hell, Marvel pumps out two to three Marvel movies a year. This would go along with Lucasfilms' rumored plan to build an Marvel style movie universe for Star Wars that will include offshoot movies focusing on individual characters! "

first of all.. its not confirmed that these all going to be SW movies.. just because its coming from the Lucasfilm department doesnt neccesarly mean star wars.

other then that.. if they bring kind of adult SW movies or similar to what is marvel doing.. just by character.. A boba fett movie.. a movie about Jabba and the Hutts...etc..... hell bring it !

It seems unlikely they will all be Star Wars films. It seems more realistic they will do a flagship Star Wars every 2-3 years and then some spin offs like they did with Clone Wars. There was a Boba Fett spinoff film pitched at one time, they could do stuff like that too.

To fit this into the Marvel model - perhaps they do one or two character films/animated films each year and then a big Star Wars feature every 3rd or 4th year.

Just some stats -

Lucasfilm LTD's record for most films in one year was 88. They released Tucker: A Man and His Dream, Don Bluth's The Land before Time, and Willow.

LF has 23 feature films in it's catalog. 2 American Grafitti, 7 Star Wars/Clone Wars, 4 Indys, leaving 10 misc. films. Apart form The Land Before Time most of those 10 tanked.

ILM probably works on between 5-10 features in any given year, Skywalker Sound even more than that. So it doesn't seem Disney is talking about ILM/SW Sound.

As much as I'm a fan, there IS such a thing as too much Star Wars.
I always prefer quality over quantity.

With that "2 or 3" line, it sounds like they're trying to pump up interest for tomorrow's EW release. :lol

ewcover-starwars-1234.jpg

https://popwatch.ew.com/2012/11/14/this-weeks-cover-star-wars/

I only have 3 of those characters in my 1:6 collection. :monkey2

3 movies a year isn't a bad thing. As long as they're different aspects of the Star Wars universe.

Maybe a crappy Ewoks movie, directed by Brett Ratner...

A gritty action thriller set in the underworld with Boba Fett in the lead, directed by Joe Johnston. :pray:

and the new Trilogy...

A gritty action thriller set in the underworld with Boba Fett in the lead, directed by Joe Johnston. :pray:

WOULD LOVE THAT !!!! or something similar to Story's out of Jabbas Palace... :panic::panic:

ohhh.. and not to forget.... THE OLD REPUBLIC !! Bring Malgus !!

I love that the EW cover only features the OT characters, it's rare that the popular PT characters don't weasel their way anything SW related anymore.

Unlikely but id love to see the Pixar guys do a Star Wars film.

Think Wall-e crossed with The Incredibles.

first of all.. its not confirmed that these all going to be SW movies.. just because its coming from the Lucasfilm department doesnt neccesarly mean star wars.

other then that.. if they bring kind of adult SW movies or similar to what is marvel doing.. just by character.. A boba fett movie.. a movie about Jabba and the Hutts...etc..... hell bring it !

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I love that the EW cover only features the OT characters, it's rare that the popular PT characters don't weasel their way anything SW related anymore.

YES! Except that is a PT image of Vader I think. :slap

Back