Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

OK, by all means kill Han just for the dramatic effect. As long you put his remains in a torpedo pod and shoot him off to the Genesis planet.

Tha's hardcore, yo! :lecture:lecture:lecture

If memory serves Shadows of the Empire touched on Leia's reaction to that line - something along the lines of what you'd expect 'that cheeky bastard!'.

I think it would've been a much more fitting- if devastating- ending If Han and Chewie had piloted the Falcon into the Death Star II destroying it but dying in the process.

Way better way for those two to go out.......saving the universe versus getting hit by a planet? (or whatever the hell happened to Chewie in those 'books' )

I think it would've been a much more fitting- if devastating- ending If Han and Chewie had piloted the Falcon into the Death Star II destroying it but dying in the process.

You must like Old Yeller. Still can't watch that one. I'm glad that they did not kill Chewie and Han.

Way better way for those two to go out.......saving the universe versus getting hit by a planet? (or whatever the hell happened to Chewie in those 'books' )

That's a pretty cliche death though. The way Chewie's death was handled in the book was done really well.

See, in ESB, he was on edge the whole damn movie; in ROTJ, they made him a jokester and practically winking at the camera the whole time.

Even as a kid, I cringed at the line, 'hey, its me' bit on Endor. ESB han wouldn't have said the line; he would have just raised an index finger....LOL

i never saw any difference in his character arc over the 3 movies. i grew up with these movies, and han solo has always been my hero!

Yeah, I think Jedi gets a little too much hate in general. There is a lot of great stuff in Jedi.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

i absolutely love jedi. i was just old enough to see it in theaters at the age of four. hell, it may have been my very first memory. sitting there with my older brother in the theater was sure as hell my most fondest memory. maybe that makes me biased, but i dont have any issues that other people have with jedi

Wookies instead of ewoks undeniably would have been better but overall I find the inclusion of Hayden Christensen ghost at the end ever since the DVDs much more offensive than the ewoks.

He pulled his gun on the ewoks. :dunno Till Luke stopped him Han was ready to KILL those teddy bears - thats hardcore. :wink1:

I mean if you honestly look at it the most edgy things Han does in ANH and ESB is shoot greedo and say 'I know' instead of 'I love you too'.
There was no chance whatsoever the character in Jedi would harm the little teddy bears. As for Empire, he was already getting soft. Look at the opening scene where he risks his own skin to save Luke. He wouldn't have done that through most of Star Wars. In Star Wars, his coming back to save Luke at the end was a surprise on first viewing, because his character to that point was a self-centered mercenary.

Wookies instead of ewoks undeniably would have been better but overall I find the inclusion of Hayden Christensen ghost at the end ever since the DVDs much more offensive than the ewoks.
You got that right. :yuck

That's a pretty cliche death though. The way Chewie's death was handled in the book was done really well.

*places fingers in ears.

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

and to quote gollum in the two towers movie:

"not listening... NOT LISTENING!"

thats really the only part of the expanded universe i refuse to buy into. i hope they dont kill off chewie or han. I can see luke being killed off and then returning like ben and yoda spirits to mentor the main character throughout the rest of the trilogy. I can see them going that route. However, I would probably vomit in the movie theater if i saw my childhood character killed off in any way. just sayin'

sebastian shaw must have rolled over in his grave

. As for Empire, he was already getting soft. Look at the opening scene where he risks his own skin to save Luke. He wouldn't have done that through most of Star Wars. In Star Wars, his coming back to save Luke at the end was a surprise on first viewing, because his character to that point was a self-centered mercenary.

You got that right. :yuck

i dont see that at all. han was always a good guy, but in the OT lucas did a great job of establishing him as the anti hero, like clint eastwood in most of his westerns. Rough exterior, but loyal. Once han could trust you he would put his life on the line for you. i dont think its a question of him getting soft at all. lucas did sully his story arc as the anti hero when greedo decided to shoot first and MISS AT POINT EFFIN BLANK RANGE!

*vomits all over myself

i dont see that at all. han was always a good guy, but in the OT lucas did a great job of establishing him as the anti hero, like clint eastwood in most of his westerns. Rough exterior, but loyal. Once han could trust you he would put his life on the line for you. i dont think its a question of him getting soft at all. lucas did sully his story arc as the anti hero when greedo decided to shoot first and MISS AT POINT EFFIN BLANK RANGE!

*vomits all over myself

Agreed with all. And even if he did become 'soft', is it so unbelievable in the context? He had become close friends with Luke and company, he'd found love. And yeah he had that cheeky 'I know' line but lets face it it was him being almost 'needy' in the Echo base hallway with Leia.

Last edited:

Yeah, I think Jedi gets a little too much hate in general. There is a lot of great stuff in Jedi.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

True, but the irony is, most of the silly **** people hate about TPM can be traced straight back to Jedi.

It can. But overall, ROTJ us a much more rounded film, mostly because of the story that already came before it.

Imagine if ROTJ was the first film of the series. It would be OK. But the characters and story is at it's highest peak, and you're already invested and that's what drives you to see it's end. And it's a good conclusion as well.

TPM comes off as the last film of a series, due to the lack of heavy character development. You don't get to know a whole lot about the characters, and it just ends up...eh.

It can. But overall, ROTJ us a much more rounded film, mostly because of the story that already came before it.

Imagine if ROTJ was the first film of the series. It would be OK. But the characters and story is at it's highest peak, and you're already invested and that's what drives you to see it's end. And it's a good conclusion as well.

TPM comes off as the last film of a series, due to the lack of heavy character development. You don't get to know a whole lot about the characters, and it just ends up...eh.

I'm not entirely sure. There're already several characters in TPM that we might not know at the time of TPM, but have a good understanding of who they are and are already considerably emotionally invested on them from their appearances in the OT.

*places fingers in ears.

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

and to quote gollum in the two towers movie:

"not listening... NOT LISTENING!"

thats really the only part of the expanded universe i refuse to buy into. i hope they dont kill off chewie or han. I can see luke being killed off and then returning like ben and yoda spirits to mentor the main character throughout the rest of the trilogy. I can see them going that route. However, I would probably vomit in the movie theater if i saw my childhood character killed off in any way. just sayin'

Hah, that was the point though, they killed him to show people they were serious. Though that series wasn't really all that depressing. The one after it was though.

I'm not entirely sure. There're already several characters in TPM that we might not know at the time of TPM, but have a good understanding of who they are and are already considerably emotionally invested on them from their appearances in the OT.

No I know. Aside from Obi Wan, and Yoda. I was talking mainly Anakin, Padme, and Qui-Gon.

Back