Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

It would be a concern, I can almost see it. Leia laughing at mortal peril, urging Han to fly into an asteroid field for old times sake because she knows the kind of film this is and that they'll survive it.....

And with Lucas out, they'll likely get a share of the merchandising this time so they'll be laughing all the way to the bank. :( :lol

618_movies_star_wars_luke_leia_han.jpg

Irreplaceable. Disney would be fools to go there.:lecture

:exactly::goodpost: Could not have said it better myself.

Old does not need to equal lame. One of my favorite comic book stories ever was "Kingdom Come". Old Superman and Batman could kick the crap out of the entire New 52.

The main thing if they use the characters from the OT they need to be well written. KOTCS did not have good writing.

I'd be surprised if Spielberg directed without Lucas having much involvement.

That's the thing. Legal owner or not Spielberg will always consider SW to be Lucas' "baby" and if he ended up directing I don't believe for a second that he would say no to anything his friend wanted in the movie. It'd be KOTCS/the prequels all over again.

"I know I'm just a consultant but I'd really like little womprats to peek out of their holes and snicker as Luke Jr. crashes his landspeeder."

"Okay George..."

:slap

yeah as much as I respect Spielberg.. the Lucas influence would be to big.. hope for a different choice !

Yeah you guys just totally put me off the idea of Spielberg, much as he once seemed like he'd be a good choice - not anymore.

Im sure we will know who it will be not more then a couple of weeks.. they have to move now if they want a summer 2015 release

Fassbender stole X:First Class. I could've watched a whole movie about Magneto hunting Nazis.

X:FC was a good film however, and makes me happy if the Vaughn rumors turn out to be true.

I thought Vaughn made a spectacular movie about a bunch of second and third string X-Men (save Xavier and Magneto of course.) Imagine what he could do with a cast of icons!

Fassbender for Grand Admiral Thrawn

daaaaamn !!! All for it.. but I dont think we will get Thrawn.. but Fassbender in any kind of way would be super cool ! :)

James McAvoy would also seem to be a good "type" to star in a SW film. He's kind of a cross between Mark Hamill and Ewan McGregor.

Someone on another site suggested Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) as a 3rd generation Skywalker. Good actor.

Someone on another site suggested Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) as a 3rd generation Skywalker. Good actor.

He'll be too busy with SoA to meet the commitment needed for SW. He still has another season after this and that's assuming it doesn't get picked up for another. :lol

Back