Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Read my original post. Where did I say I was actually expecting that to happen. :rolleyes:

I think he just saw it in your eyes...It gave a signal of high expectations

I'll take it. Hopefully Sideshow leads off with Jedi Master Luke.

And we should probably get the preorder by the time the second film's about to it and maybe have him in hand in April, before the third's release. :lol

It's going to be great to see Star Wars films in the theaters again, actual new films and I'm excited my kids will be in prime age to enjoy them! Although I'd nice to see the old cast back in, I hope they are more cameo'd parts because I'd love for this next trilogy to really just leave everything behind and forge completely new ground. A shot of Luke here, Leia there, would be great but I don't want just a straight sequel.

Guys just worry about the films being good...The Statues/figures will eventually show up...It's all about the film,period

No, your point's still wrong. :lol They're making one figure a year by piggybacking off of Sideshow's license which is leased from Hasbro. Don't expect anything "Avenger-esque." HT won't be able to pull that off with the 1-a-year stipulation doing rehashes of old SSC figs, and I can't remember a single time when Sideshow's ever been able to capitalize off of movie hype to coincide with a product release. :lol

I haven't heard of the 1 a year thing before. Since there's two figures in the Bespin Luke box, I wonder if there's wiggle room so long as they do 2 packs - Like a Han and Chewie box, R2 and 3po, etc...

The 1 year thing seems like it could be a licensing restriction, but as far as I know the details on that agreement were not released and are not clear. Howard said he wanted to do 1 figure per year or so, but that could just be a strategic business move. If doing Star Wars leaves so little profit for HT considering all the players that get a cut, doing a few high profile releases could be a good move--letting hype build up over time, creating a perceived specialness to them, not doing anything except for surefire sellers, etc.

I haven't heard of the 1 a year thing before. Since there's two figures in the Bespin Luke box, I wonder if there's wiggle room so long as they do 2 packs - Like a Han and Chewie box, R2 and 3po, etc...

The Luke 2-pack is still a single character though (Bespin Luke). The info was posted in an interview with the main man at HT. Should be relatively early in the "OMFG! I CREAMED MYSELF! HT HAS STAR WARS!" thread. :lol

I don't think it was ever officially stated that their agreement limits them to 1 a year, that was just someone at Hot Toys indicating that that's what we'll probably see.

The 1 year thing seems like it could be a licensing restriction, but as far as I know the details on that agreement were not released and are not clear. Howard said he wanted to do 1 figure per year or so, but that could just be a strategic business move. If doing Star Wars leaves so little profit for HT considering all the players that get a cut, doing a few high profile releases could be a good move--letting hype build up over time, creating a perceived specialness to them, not doing anything except for surefire sellers, etc.

So you reckon Ice Cream Maker guy is out of the question?

I don't think it was ever officially stated that their agreement limits them to 1 a year, that was just someone at Hot Toys indicating that that's what we'll probably see.
Was Howard Chan, so chances are there is something to it. But more and more his interview responses have been suspect over the last year or so.

Lord I hope not.

I hope the new trilogy showcases a grown up Stinky the Hutt taking up residence in his dad's old palace.

:rock

A man thinks it's the end of Cloud City and has his priorities in order. Save the ice cream maker. That's worthy of a figure.

What kind of life is a life without ice cream? One of Lucas's more profound philosophical statements.

I hope the new trilogy showcases a grown up Stinky the Hutt taking up residence in his dad's old palace.

Yup, I can see it now, Dave makes every mod's responsibility the Star Wars boards to keep the **** from clogging up and overflowing into the rest of the forums here. :lol

Back