Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

What kind of life is a life without ice cream? One of Lucas's more profound philosophical statements.

He was hiding the plans for the Empires newest secret weapon in that Ice cream maker, The Super Ice Cream Truck of Death, would have really caught those rebels off guard had he not thwarted their plans!

A Matthew Vaughn Star Wars film wouldn't be a bad thing but I would have preferred for him to stay with the X-Men Franchise as well. I hoping we get some real different looks to the films I'd love for someone like GDT to tackle one of them.

Ford liked ESB Han. He thought ROTJ Han was lame and wanted to at least go out in a blazy of glory in order to be less lame. If Episode VII features an older version of ROTJ Han I could see him passing. If they show him how he can be cool again then I could see him signing on.

Yes a good script and give Ford the death he wants. He may sign up for that.

I am glad Ford didn't get his way on ROTJ. Killing Han Solo in that film after freezing him at the end of ESB, spending the first 3rd of ROTJ rescuing him only to then kill him - would have been stupid IMO.

I hope the next three years doesn't become a drumbeat of 'kill Han' just to find out he survives ep.7. "Oh, that sucked. Han lived"

It was something Ford suggested to add gravity to the character in ROTJ. Han didn't have a great story in Jedi, I can see why Ford felt that way. It might not be the right thing to do in the next film.

I think Vaughn would be a great choice to direct SW.

Well, IF the death is fitting, I'm all for Han dying. Just make the character edgy again. That should draw Ford back in. That and $$$

I just never saw how ROTJ Han is supposed to be so inconsistent with ANH and ESB. Personally I see all the same stuff, he just doesn't happen to be in a situation of having to shoot any Rodians in ROTJ.

Han helped drive the plot in SW and Empire more than in Jedi. In the first half of ROTJ he's being rescued. He's just along for the ride throughout most of the film.

Han softens up as the series progresses. Toward the end of Jedi he's lost almost all of his edge that he had at the beginning of Star Wars. At least, that's how I perceive it.

I just never saw how ROTJ Han is supposed to be so inconsistent with ANH and ESB. Personally I see all the same stuff, he just doesn't happen to be in a situation of having to shoot any Rodians in ROTJ.

See, in ESB, he was on edge the whole damn movie; in ROTJ, they made him a jokester and practically winking at the camera the whole time.

Even as a kid, I cringed at the line, 'hey, its me' bit on Endor. ESB han wouldn't have said the line; he would have just raised an index finger....LOL

ANH, ESB HAN vs. Greedo - Han shoots first.

Jedi Han vs. Greedo - Greedo shoots first.

He pulled his gun on the ewoks. :dunno Till Luke stopped him Han was ready to KILL those teddy bears - thats hardcore. :wink1:

I mean if you honestly look at it the most edgy things Han does in ANH and ESB is shoot greedo and say 'I know' instead of 'I love you too'.

If it takes place 100 years after the OT, Chewbacca is dead by that time :(

Still I'd love to see a SW movie that takes place a few hundred or thousand years after the OT. I'd even love to see a movie that takes place during The Old Republic era

Although there are video games centered around The Old Republic I agree that a live action movie about that time would be cool. Darth Malgus!

He pulled his gun on the ewoks. :dunno Till Luke stopped him Han was ready to KILL those teddy bears - thats hardcore. :wink1:

I mean if you honestly look at it the most edgy things Han does in ANH and ESB is shoot greedo and say 'I know' instead of 'I love you too'.

Tha's hardcore, yo! :lecture:lecture:lecture

I think it would've been a much more fitting- if devastating- ending If Han and Chewie had piloted the Falcon into the Death Star II destroying it but dying in the process.

Back