Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

giphy.gif
:lol
...(context).....

I'm not an all or nothing type of person. I can watch The Xmas Special. It doesn't tarnish the OT for me. Nothing will.

I understood the context and want to respect that (hence the reverence) but it feels dirty (hence the pit of mud) :wink1:

Except for the Phantom Menace, this is probably my most anticipated film ever..

Except for the Phantom Menace, this is probably my most anticipated film ever..

I agree but I am trying really hard to not get my hopes up. My hope cmd crashing down after the Phantom Menace.

Personally I quite enjoy a lot of ROTS. There is nothing downright horrible in it (AOTC 3PO I'm talking about you). It's like a big dark cartoon.
I love the music, really really love the music. I thought McGregor was at his best in it as Obi, but one scene makes the entire movie for me.

The scene where Anakin and Padme are standing at the two windows on Coruscant with that great arabic music of foreboding playing. As the sun goes down, we know it's all over from here on in. Best scene of the entire PT IMO, it actually has depth, emotion and tremendous atmosphere. If only there had been more of that.

I've given up trying to rate them individually and just accept as a whole that this was not the story Obi Wan told Luke in SW

There are even more from Clones.

I really like the prequels. For completely different reasons than I love the OT.

I'm not an all or nothing type of person. I can watch Clone Wars, The Xmas Special, god even Rebels, which looks worse than anything I've seen so far.
They don't tarnish the OT for me. Nothing will.

I enjoyed far too many things in the PT to ***** about them as a whole, the music, the design, some of the performances.
I just enjoy them for what they are.

I just hate them for what they are. :lol

Jye watchin Bayformers two times in a row then tries to bash ROTS. I'm seriously sorry for his loss of intelligence :monkey3

C'mon, you can't compare Transformers to the most anticipated trilogy in movie history.

Transformers I expected moving images that made no sense, I did not expect the follow up to the OT to be an assault on everything that made the originals loved.

I was just playing with Rory's words. :lol

Regarding Transformers, I never watched any of the 80s cartoons, I was never a fan hence why Bayformers doesn't insult me, my biggest peeve is that the robots are too busy looking. :lol

My advise for offended Transformer fans, protest with your wallets.

Last edited:

With all the sleekness and cleanliness...you know what that means.....

J.J. ABRAMS LENS FLARE!!!!

View attachment 127805

View attachment 127807

View attachment 127808

View attachment 127806

View attachment 127809

View attachment 127810

Here's the only scene in Star Trek Into Darkness that he didn't use any lens flare:

View attachment 127811

This is probably my biggest fear of the JJs Star Wars. If I wanna see spots everywhere I'll stare at the f'ing sun. However, feel free to add some of that last pic into your movie :) Except that its officially canon that "there's no underwear in space" so she would have to be naked.

Hey Rory - agreed.

I like the PT for basic reasons, not intricate story driven ones.

As you say, there's some great design elements / characters that transcend the crap to an extent.

Hey Rory - agreed.

I like the PT for basic reasons, not intricate story driven ones.

As you say, there's some great design elements / characters that transcend the crap to an extent.

:rock:hi5:

Screw this Jyeguy, he like Michael Bay movies for gawds sake...

Aww.. :lol

I bet Jye would like the PT more, if Kit Fisto was actually Kitteh Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi was Kitteh Adi-Mundi, & Anakin was AniKitteh. :lol

Or if they weren't SW movies. I bet he'd love 'em that way :peace

:rock:hi5:

Screw this Jyeguy, he like Michael Bay movies for gawds sake...

Transformers movies > TDKR, MOS and PT.

Aww.. :lol

I bet Jye would like the PT more, if Kit Fisto was actually Kitteh Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi was Kitteh Adi-Mundi, & Anakin was AniKitteh. :lol

They might as well been lolcat Jedi's with how clueless they were and how they get their asses handed to them. :lol

Or if they weren't SW movies. I bet he'd love 'em that way :peace

:exactly:

Quick, someone post some lolcats! We scared him off. Come back Jye.... :(

Sorry, was busy putting on the pod race for my son, he loves the PT. :gah:

Last edited:
Back